PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, RedsZone

Larry Schuler
01-31-2013, 01:35 PM
Dear RedsZone,

It fills me with great sadness to announce that I am officially retiring from posting. I hope to continue to read this forum as a guest and as a fan of the Cincinnati Reds (44 years and counting), and I thank you all for your friendships and support through the years.

Unfortunately, I can not say why I must leave, however, I ask that posters do not blame anyone for my retirement. This has nothing to do with any threatening PMs I have received from the administrators. This is a personal decision and the best thing you can do is accept it orderly and peacefully.

Perhaps one day we will meet each other on the Banks and we will share a beer. Until then, please keep posting and go Reds.

L.S.

camisadelgolf
01-31-2013, 06:10 PM
See ya, chef. I hope your best years are ahead of you. Your retirement is texasdave's fault, isn't it? Please send me a PM with your new account name when you're ready.

bigredmechanism
01-31-2013, 06:22 PM
Well, usually when I see a post by Larry Schuler I am like:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/293/590/6f6.gif

Now I am sad. Best wishes, bud.

texasdave
01-31-2013, 09:45 PM
See ya, chef. I hope your best years are ahead of you. Your retirement is texasdave's fault, isn't it? Please send me a PM with your new account name when you're ready.

If by "fault" you meant "crowning achievement"' then, yes, it was me. As to why I did it? Has anyone ever seen Larry Schuler and Tony LaRussa in the same place at the same time? Think about it. :)

goreds2
02-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Best Wishes Larry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwnoNVOj1Fs

cincyinco
02-02-2013, 04:37 AM
I always enjoyed your posts, had we had the THANKS feature since 2010,you would have received many thanks from me. Take care Larry.

Raisor
02-02-2013, 09:30 PM
We can't miss you until you leave.

Red Buckeye
02-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Seems overly dramatic to me. Starting an entire new thread just to tell people you are mad and quitting Redszone. Or maybe I am wrong and you lost your fingers in 'Nam.

Either way, why start a thread for this? Just quit posting and be done with it!

Boss-Hog
02-05-2013, 12:07 PM
I don't really care if I "out" him, but he hasn't gone anywhere (except to register for a new user name). I post this because I find this tactic deceptive.

RedFanAlways1966
02-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Self-serving. Imagine that.

It will not take long to figure out the new user-name. This new person will THINK they are the resident comic at RZ. Do not quit the day job!

Do not take this is as being mean. I am trying to be cute and funny. :laugh:

Raisor
02-05-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm taking this opportunity to announce that I have no announcement to make

*BaseClogger*
02-05-2013, 01:25 PM
I don't really care if I "out" him, but he hasn't gone anywhere (except to register for a new user name). I post this because I find this tactic deceptive.

Yeah, and he was really tricky with his new name too!

Red Buckeye
02-05-2013, 04:09 PM

Exactly. I always find it pathetic when someone gets there feelings hurt or loses in a message board fight and then feels the need to make it all about them and "quit" a message board, like it's a job or something.

DUDE IT IS A MESSAGE BOARD LOL:lol:

Boss-Hog
02-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Yeah, and he was really tricky with his new name too!

I suppose he wasn't trying to be tricky with his "old" username that had nothing to do with his first one (which was banned). Whatever.

camisadelgolf
02-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Boss, I realize you think you know his new username, but Larry still hasn't sent me a PM, so I really doubt he has re-registered.

Boss-Hog
02-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Boss, I realize you think you know his new username, but Larry still hasn't sent me a PM, so I really doubt he has re-registered.

Seriously?

camisadelgolf
02-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Seriously?
No way.

cincrazy
02-09-2013, 11:21 PM
This thread just has me confused on so many different levels. I nominate this for the WTF thread of the year for 2013.

kaldaniels
02-10-2013, 10:22 PM
This thread just has me confused on so many different levels. I nominate this for the WTF thread of the year for 2013.

I think this thread should be optioned for a movie. Charlie Kaufman would probably be interested in it.

Superdude
02-11-2013, 12:22 AM

I've been on this thread for several minutes now. I have no idea what I just read and I can't seem to remember how I even got here in the first place...someone point me back to the ORG please. :laugh:

Razor Shines
02-11-2013, 02:31 PM
I've been on this thread for several minutes now. I have no idea what I just read and I can't seem to remember how I even got here in the first place...someone point me back to the ORG please. :laugh:

Then you guys should stop posting in the thread. You're just giving him what he wants, you're building him a fake empire and it could go national. Whatever you do not, do not mistake him for a stranger.

For me I think it was about...yesterday or maybe about today when I figured this all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Sheed
02-12-2013, 11:10 AM
I agree, let's stop bumping this thread.