PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to our New Members!

Boss-Hog
01-31-2013, 06:34 PM
Hi all,

If you are new to the site, welcome to RedsZone.com. Please take some time to introduce yourself in the Introductions and Site Feedback (http://www.redszone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31) forum.

If you did not read the initial private message and/or email that came from me, please do so. It's particularly important that you review the About Us (http://www.redszone.com/aboutus.html) section to understand our basic mission statement, as well as our expectations.

In January 2013, we made some site-level changes that are outlined here (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99921). The changes designated The Sun Deck (this forum) as the area for new members to get their feet wet. Those who are veterans of the site can post replies in this forum, but they cannot start new threads or partake in any discussion in the Sun Deck-specific Game Threads sub-forum. The purpose of these rules is to allow RedsZone veterans to mentor newer members, while also providing some degree of separation between member access in the Old Red Guard and Sun Deck forums.

Once you have been registered for 45 or more days AND have 50 or more posts, you will automatically be granted the ability to post in The Old Red Guard (http://www.redszone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7) forum. At that point, the aforementioned Sun Deck restrictions will apply to you. Please note that only posts made in The Sun Deck (and not the Game Threads sub-forum) and Minor League Talk (http://www.redszone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26) forums will count towards your post total.

If you have any questions, concerns or issues, you are always free to post them in the Introductions and Site Feedback (http://www.redszone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31) forum.

From co-founders GIK and Boss-Hog, welcome to RedsZone.com.

PhilAlive
02-01-2013, 03:56 AM
Hi my name is Phil(this is where you all say hi Phil)
I have been a reds addict for about 14-17 years! However I have no urge to get off my urges so everyone needs to get off my back(father others who find sports no entertaining). Also from cental south Ohio, ya know Portsmouth? If not well go to google maps and the place u see a lot of trees! Well might not see the tree but it sure is green, maybe a white roof from here to there LOL.

trentthecaptain
02-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Hi, my name is Trent and I've mainly a lurker, but have been registered for quite some time. I live in Dayton.

Drugs Delaney
02-04-2013, 02:33 AM
Glad to have Reds Zone. I've been reading here for about a decade but finally registered a year or so ago. I like the new policy. Probably never would have applied or anything, but I am well on my way to 50 posts. Looking forward to ORG posting privileges.

Kilgore_Trout
02-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Hey, guys, lifelong Reds fan here. Won't be giving you my actual name, but I'm a recent graduate of the Ohio State University and thus a proud Buckeye, and I'm a happy resident of the great city of Columbus. I'm an obscure, struggling writer, and I have no illusions of self-importance as a result. Long time lurker, I recently joined after getting fed-up with the Reds message board I used to post on. I had a much better time reading the conversations on this site than I did actually posting on the other one. I've used redszone as a source for Reds news, as a filler for boredom, and as an educational resource (learned a great deal about the intricacies of sabremetrics from this site). I've always considered myself a stat head, something that probably sprung up as a result of my travel ball coach/father's stat-keeping and what not. I look forward to years worth of stimulating conversation and warm debate.

P.s: I think the merging of the boards is a great idea. Had it not been for that, I may have never joined.

UrbanMeyer
02-06-2013, 12:38 PM
If it were not for the eventual merging of the two boards, I highly doubt I would have ever started posting.

I'm also a Columbus, OH resident and a Buckeye. A lifelong Reds fan. When it comes to Ohio State football and Reds baseball, I cannot pick a favorite. It's safe to say I am DIE HARD when it comes to the two.

A majority of my formative years were spent rooting for Reds teams that included Jimmy Haynes and Joey Hamilton. We all remember the dark days. At one point, it was almost all I knew (I remember 99' and 00', very few bits and pieces of 95').

I technically joined a year ago but never returned as a poster. As a result, I still consider myself a new member. I have been a long-time lurker at RZ and look forward to contributing to this board.

sonny
02-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Welcome guys. As an infrequent poster but longtime member of the ORG, I am happy to once again rub elbows with newer members of the board. This is by far the best site for Reds talk on the planet and is filled with knowledgable, witty, smart and lifelong fans.

Drugs Delaney
02-17-2013, 01:57 PM
I really wish the minor league forum posts counted...

Why the distinction?

I have no idea how many of my posts have been Sun Deck and how many have been in the minor league forum.

Boss-Hog
02-18-2013, 05:19 PM
I really wish the minor league forum posts counted...

Why the distinction?

I have no idea how many of my posts have been Sun Deck and how many have been in the minor league forum.

Per the first post in this thread, they do count.

bamatank
02-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Hi, my name is Charles and i have been a Reds fan since mid. 50's. I live in Ringgold, Ga. about 20 miles south of Chattanooga. I have quite a few relatives
in Cincinnati and they introduced me to the Reds when i was about 10. I use to listen to night games on WLW, but now i am able to get internet games plus i
subscribe to the MLB package.

Cicero2.0
03-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Hi, my name is Charles and i have been a Reds fan since mid. 50's. I live in Ringgold, Ga. about 20 miles south of Chattanooga. I have quite a few relatives
in Cincinnati and they introduced me to the Reds when i was about 10. I use to listen to night games on WLW, but now i am able to get internet games plus i
subscribe to the MLB package.

I used to live down in southwest GA and we could get wlw at night all the way down there as well. It was like a small slice of home in a very foreign land.

64red
03-08-2013, 01:13 PM
I've also been lurking around the Sundeck for a while. Most of my comments are in game threads so I have some work to do to reach my 50 and earn the right to participate this year. There have been, and still are, some really good posters on this board. My biggest problem is typing too slowly to keep up with most of you on the game thread. Hey bamatank, isn't Ringgold the wedding capital of the world?

rorschach51
03-16-2013, 09:47 PM
Hey y'all, names Jeremy, from small town Arcola Illinois. Been a Reds fan since the days of Chris Sabo, Paul O'Neil and The Nasty Boys. Look forward to having a interesting conversation or two with y'all!:redszone:

KC2135
03-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Hey guys My name is Kenny. Reds fan from Oklahoma(anytime I wear my Reds gear I get 20 questions about why I like the Reds). Glad to be a part of the forum.

04-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Hi everyone--I'm reintroducing myself since feels right to do. I joined RZ just last year after lurking and have 160 posts so far but didn't engage during the off season.

Washington (DC) based Reds fan dating back more than 30 years. While the Reds have always been (and will always be) my #1 team, I adopted the Nationals as a #3 team when they moved here from Montreal. I was that lonely person in RFK the first few years when noone here cared. Of course, now everyone cares!

Hope the facts that I'm based in DC and don't engage so much during the off season don't make me too much persona non grata here. It's a super community for which I have a ton of respect.

I was just about to post some thoughts on comparing the Nats and Reds Opening Days when I realized I couldn't any longer start new threads on Sun Deck as I could last year. Then red the new rules from Jan about ORG and SD merging so I'm guessing I can start a thread now on ORG and will give that a try shortly.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello (again for some). Though I'm not in the Ohio area, I travel for Reds baseball a few times each year (including the Nats series this coming weekend--can't wait!).

Hope you all had a great winter and really hope we hit this year and finally get back to LCS and beyond!

RochesterMike
04-03-2013, 10:04 AM
Hello all...my name is Mike....long time reader, first time poster.

Big Reds fan since 1975...I was a very impressionable 12 year old. I became a Reds and Steelers fan because everyone was that year! Lol. I have never strayed, win or lose.

I have been to Riverfront for in season games...saw Kevin Mitchell hit three homers including one in the Red Seats...yes, I called the shot. I also was at the 1990 World Series. I won the tickets in a phone lottery and tickets to all four home games...didn't need the last two...hehehe. Stayed for the parade and touched the trophy at Fountain Square. I also had tickets to Griffey's home opener vs Milwaukee. Rain out on the first day and a loss the following day. Probably a premonition, but Grif had 5 at bats and didn't hit the ball out of the infield. I have not been to the "new" stadium and usually catch a series in Cleveland or Pittsburgh every year as they are only 4 hours from me. I have met numerous players including Griffey, Rose, Larkin, O'Neill and my fave, "E", Eric Davis. I have great stories about these guys too. Another time though...

Enough of the long read...glad to be here and Go Reds!

JohnCocktoasten
04-03-2013, 11:31 PM
Hello all... been a member for a little bit, lurk a lot and post once in a blue moon. If you need to recoup the costs of my membership, just charge it to the Underhill account.

Became a fan of the Reds when I attended a Reds game at Riverfront in the summer of 1978. Mario Soto and Eric Davis are my all-time favorite Reds. I have more attachment to the 1990 Reds team than the Big Red Machine. Enough about me - I don't want anyone thinking I'm bucking for a promotion like that pederast Hanrahan.

tomnuetten
04-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Hello,

Iīm from Germany (Freiburg) and got relatives in Cincinnati and Boston, I started to watch Baseball during my first trip to the united states (where I visited my cousins) I fell in love with the game (and of course the reds) and saw the reds one game at "home" and 2 years ago in Citi Field...

I can understand almost everything but Iīm not really good in writing your (english) language so I hope everyone can understand my english and overlooks my mistakes ;)

Itīs hard to follow Baseball in Germany, because of the time change (6 hours) and the lack of interest most germans have to other sports (beside soccer).. So now the season starts => Iīm spending lots of hours at night watching the Reds :beerme:

JohnCocktoasten
04-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Your English is great. Don't know if you know this, but Donald Lutz, a top prospect for the Reds, is from Germany.

tomnuetten
04-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Your English is great. Don't know if you know this, but Donald Lutz, a top prospect for the Reds, is from Germany.

yes I know, was really happy the moment the reds signed him in 2007... he didnīt play baseball until he was 15 or 16... itīs quiet impressiv how quick he became a good prospect...

I hope that heīll be the first german big leaguer, so baseball and of course the cincinnati reds will get some attention in the german media... There are a few other german prospects (Gronauer C for the mets and Kepler for the mets) that have (perhaps) a shot to see some time in the mlb...

CardsFanBob
04-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Quick question: To comment during Game Threads, one must have over 50 posts over here? Just checking...

Thanks in advance.

Boss-Hog
04-14-2013, 07:47 PM
You can post in the Sun Deck game thread sub-forum until you meet ORG requirements.

hairmetalfreek
04-24-2013, 11:00 PM
I will probably be more of a lurker, but may throw in a comment here and there. I'm a Reds fan who loves horror movies and rock music, as well as a few other genres.

flyfishdude
05-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Greetings all,

I am first and foremost a baseball fan, secondly I am a White Sox fanatic. That being said I like many teams and/or players. The Reds are my favorite NL team (and second favorite team behind the White Sox) every since i grew up watching the Big Red Machine of the 70s. just wanted to say hi!

miamiredskin
05-15-2013, 12:08 AM
what do I have to do to read/start a thread?

CardsFanBob
05-17-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm at 50 posts. Does that qualify me for The Old Red Guard board now? Or is there something else I need to do?

I promise I won't flame or cause any other trouble! :)

bigred1933
05-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Hello all, My name is Bill. Longtime Reds fan and lurker, first time posting. Looking forward to getting involved in the discussion!

RedsfaninMO
05-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Hello all, my name is Tim, I've been a Reds fan since I was born in 77. My dad told me all the great stories from the time I could walk he says. My favorite player all time is Larkin, but I love Choo and hope he stays, he was the missing ingredient.

I'm stuck in Missouri right now for work. I work for AT&T. I love 80's hair bands and early 90's metal. I'm surrounded by Cardinal fans all day, and it's made me age 30 years since I've been here the last 8. Yadier Molina is the most overrated player in baseball, trust me, I know, I watch him and hear about him all the time. I don't know what Cardinal fans mean by thinking they're the best in baseball, but it makes me call in to work some days and fake being sick.

I'm recently divorced, so money is tight and I'm living in an apartment close to work. I have no doubt the Reds win it all this year or next with this group. Our only competition going forward will be the Pirates.

CardsFanBob
05-28-2013, 03:08 PM
Hello all, my name is Tim, I've been a Reds fan since I was born in 77. My dad told me all the great stories from the time I could walk he says. My favorite player all time is Larkin, but I love Choo and hope he stays, he was the missing ingredient.

I'm stuck in Missouri right now for work. I work for AT&T. I love 80's hair bands and early 90's metal. I'm surrounded by Cardinal fans all day, and it's made me age 30 years since I've been here the last 8. Yadier Molina is the most overrated player in baseball, trust me, I know, I watch him and hear about him all the time. I don't know what Cardinal fans mean by thinking they're the best in baseball, but it makes me call in to work some days and fake being sick.

I'm recently divorced, so money is tight and I'm living in an apartment close to work. I have no doubt the Reds win it all this year or next with this group. Our only competition going forward will be the Pirates.

The best defensive catcher in the game, who's hitting .330, is the most overrated player in the game?

Don Cameron
05-29-2013, 09:47 AM
If baseball writers voted based on importance to the team and the league, and not solely on stats (like the did for catchers pre-Bench--ie. Ferrell, Schalk, Bresnahan..etc)--Yadier Molina would be making a case for the Hall of Fame.

There is not another catcher in the major leagues that I would take over Molina. He calls a great game, has the respect and leadership of his ball club, is becoming an offensive weapon, and has a rocket launcher for an arm.

He has been a key cog for two World Series teams and is a true baseball player.

Don Cameron
The World's Most Interesting Man

Boss-Hog
06-02-2013, 05:10 PM
This is not the thread to debate the value of certain players; the thread title should be a dead giveaway.

PERHitKing
06-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Hi everyone, I have been a Reds fan for 60 years, ever since I saw my first game at old Crosley Field at the age of eight. Later on I was fortunate enough to get to work for the Reds organization as a security officer from 1990 through the 1995 season. This was the best job I ever had bar none! I got to meet a lot of ballplayers, umpires, and even the ever lovable Marge Schott. I have visited this website before reading the different threads, and you all seem to know and love the game, as well as the Reds. I look forward to having some very interesting conversations you all of you.

Jmiller21kg
06-10-2013, 01:29 AM
Hello-my name is Jeff. Have been a big Red fans since about 2003 when I started following baseball. Both my parents were big Red fans back in the day and I was jealous they got to watch Rose, Bench, Larkin, etc. in their primes. I look forward to just chatting about the Reds on here with other Reds fans!

MapleReds
06-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Name is John, I'm more of a predominantly "twitter" based Reds fan, but I felt like I needed to maybe branch out a little and start getting to know a wider portion of the fan base. Canadian born and raised, so naturally I'm a Joey Votto apologist. Pete Rose is my favorite position player in baseball history, and just to really make everyone scratch their head, Pedro was my favorite pitcher growing up.

The MLB forums are a gong show, so I'm looking forward to actually having some engaging and inspired debates/conversations with the membership base over this way!

Red Oak
06-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Hello everyone,
I'm Sam in Ashland, Oregon. Been a Reds fan since 75.

Signed up a little while ago and realized I'd better start making some posts so I can rap with ya on the game threads every now and then. I travel a lot and don't always have internet access so my participation will be spotty...not unlike the Reds hitting as of late. Anyway, looks like a fun forum full of knowledge and humor, hopefully I can add to the content.

KYBatsFan
06-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Hey fellow Reds fans!!! Glad to have found a well-run forum for our beloved Redlegs. Life-long Reds fan (since 1974) and have been attending games since the mid-70s thanks to parents who dragged me all the way from the mountains of east KY to Riverfront from an early age. I'm currently based in Louisville and get to enjoy numerous Bats games a year and like to follow the guys as they get called up.

Looking forward to joining the community here!

KBF

Tennessee Red
07-22-2013, 11:58 PM
Hello.
My Name is Jim. born in Portsmouth, Ohio. Life long Reds fan. Bengals Fan and Buckeye.

Live in Cleveland Tn. now between Chattanooga and Knoxville. Loved it when the Lookouts and Reds were affiliated. Seems like a cool site, just love to talk trades,player movement, game day posts.

Flredfan
07-25-2013, 10:23 AM
Hello everyone. I am an avid reds fan and like to talk reds baseball. This site appears to have a lot of information concerning the reds, so I wanted to join. I look forward to discussing reds baseball with you someday.

CmdrCody
07-28-2013, 11:30 AM
Hi, I moved to Dayton in 1968, when my dad (AF Officer) was stationed at Wright Patterson AFB. I became a Reds fan when you had only a few games a month on TV (Waite Hoyt), but you had WLW with Joe and Al Michaels. I got to see many games in high school, with my buddy Jim. I've followed the Reds from just north of Toledo, getting Directv back in the early 90's. I had weekend season tickets until my wife's medical condition made me cut back. We still go to at least two weekend series a year staying at a downtown hotel. I'm not here to complain about players, but I will defend my favorites if I don't agree with someone else's complaint. We have a very good team, that's been missing some key parts, yet is still in the playoffs at this point, so go Reds!:beerme:

Mario-Rijo
07-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Welcome everyone, as has been said RZ is simply the best Reds site on the Internet. In fact I'll take it to another level I think it's the best site for sports and even the best of any kind for discussion in general, I mean think of virtually any topic then go do a search and your sure to find great discussion on it! Smart folks, good folks and fun folks abound here. Even after a decade plus of reading/posting here I still need to check in regularly to "get my fix". So I say welcome home, you'll never need another.

bcmachine
09-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Hey everyone, I'm Brian and have been a Reds fan since I can remember. I'm 43 now, and grew up watching the BRM with my Dad (thus the name). Was living out of the country for almost 10 years and so lost touch with everyday baseball but have become an avid fan of the Reds again in the last five years (coincidentally their ascent back to the top of the NL). I live in Denver now, but have gone to the Reds-Rockies games the last few years (saw the 2,500 hit game for Todd Helton recently). Big Votto, Phillips and Chapman fan (aren't we all). Will try and post more and add whatever I can to the discussion. Hoping for a World Series to discuss this year! :beerme:

Lewdog
09-21-2013, 12:17 AM
I'm Will and I grew up in Ohio but now live in Kentucky. I've been a Red's fan since birth, and have never been a 'fan' of another team. My favorite Red of all time is Barry Larkin, and I loved watching Johnny Bench's Baseball Bunch. I'm a member of creative writing forums and Bengals boards, but for some reason hadn't decided to join a Red's message board until now.

Beer&Bourbon
09-24-2013, 04:26 PM
Hi all. Roger here. I grew up in Dayton and have been a Reds fan my whole life. We used to get tickets from my parents' work and go down for a couple of games a year. My in-laws got us weekend tickets for Christmas last year, which has rekindled my lifelong love for the game and this team. Only a few more games until the post-season. Hopefully the team can win some postseason home games this year.

Reds&BuckeyeGuy
09-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Hello, my name is John jones and I currently live iin Columbus, Ohio. I am a huge Buckeyes, Bengals and starting to become more and more involved with the Reds (hence why i signed up for this site). I am currently in the IT field with Nationwide insurance as a network security engineer, which I LOVE doing (never thought I would actually love a job). I have a wife, two kids (boy, 6, girl, 3). Lets see... I served in the United states navy for almost 5 years where I did two tours over seas. I got to see ALOT of countries and meet a lot of great people. I am looking forward to giving my un-professional opinion on the Cincy reds from here on out. I look forward to chatting and getting to know you guys and gals (im sure there has to be some females on here, right?). Ooo yeah, hoping for one title before I die is all i ask as a devoted sports fan....

RedlegJ
10-20-2013, 01:04 AM
My name is Jared. I'm from Newberry, SC, 45 minutes northwest of Columbia. I'm a sophomore at the University of South Carolina. Been a Reds fan since I was about 11. Just joined today and looking forward to some great discussion in the ORG as we should have a very interesting offseason. Do I really have to wait 45 days before I can post in there?? :confused:

RedlegJake
10-22-2013, 08:59 AM
Yeah Jared, but 45 days is gone quick! You'll be in the ORG in time forthe winter meetings, the January FA season, spring training and all of next season! Welcome aboard!

RedlegJ
10-23-2013, 12:04 AM
I can't wait. How do I know when my 45 days is up?

Old Reds Fan
10-23-2013, 05:19 PM
As you can tell from my user name I am probably (just guessing) one of the older members on this forum. I became a Reds fan in 1961 at the age of 10. I grew up in N. Ky. and made many trips to Crosley Field where I saw Robinson, Pinson, O'toole, Jay, Freese, Kasko, Edwards, Coleman and many more. I used to listen to Waite Hoyt tell his stories during rain delays. I remember the glory days of the 70's, The Big Red Machine baby. And I remember the bad days of the past decade. Hopefully the Castellinis are in the process of restoring the glory. I now live in Lexington, Ky and come to Reds games as often as I can. I also love the Bengals and the Kentucky Wildcats (season ticket holder in football). I was one of the members of Cincinnati.com and I tired of all the childish bickering. I hope I can keep up with some of the great baseball minds here.

RedlegJake
10-23-2013, 09:24 PM
As you can tell from my user name I am probably (just guessing) one of the older members on this forum. I became a Reds fan in 1961 at the age of 10. I grew up in N. Ky. and made many trips to Crosley Field where I saw Robinson, Pinson, O'toole, Jay, Freese, Kasko, Edwards, Coleman and many more. I used to listen to Waite Hoyt tell his stories during rain delays. I remember the glory days of the 70's, The Big Red Machine baby. And I remember the bad days of the past decade. Hopefully the Castellinis are in the process of restoring the glory. I now live in Lexington, Ky and come to Reds games as often as I can. I also love the Bengals and the Kentucky Wildcats (season ticket holder in football). I was one of the members of Cincinnati.com and I tired of all the childish bickering. I hope I can keep up with some of the great baseball minds here.

Well, welcome! Glad to have another old guy aboard! Especially one older than me...there are a few of us old timers but the young guys on this board keep us sharp and updated - but its nice to have some guys who can remember Crosley and guys like Bell (the original one) and MacMillan and Brosnan and Smoky...I can just defer to you when one of the "youngsters" asks what it feels like to know the end is approaching...(yes its been asked)

Old Reds Fan
10-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Well, welcome! Glad to have another old guy aboard! Especially one older than me...there are a few of us old timers but the young guys on this board keep us sharp and updated - but its nice to have some guys who can remember Crosley and guys like Bell (the original one) and MacMillan and Brosnan and Smoky...I can just defer to you when one of the "youngsters" asks what it feels like to know the end is approaching...(yes its been asked)Thanks RLJ. Don't send any of those "youngsters" my way. I'm not planning to go anywhere for a good long time (knock on wood). :)

Halfway between
11-25-2013, 11:49 PM
Hi everybody. I'm a Cardinals fan and live in Indiana about halfway between St Louis and Cincy. Hence the name. I've been lurking on this forum for a few years now and am impressed by the civility and baseball knowledge of posters. I've finally decided to get my feet wet.

daddylovesabby
11-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Hi everyone I'm from south point new to this group. My name is Richard I have been a reds fan all my life my 2 favorite players Johnny Bench and my all time favorite Ken Griffey Jr. He was a great player who got hurt and a lot of reds fans turned on him but his injuries were on the field not out doing something stupid.

daddylovesabby
11-27-2013, 08:20 PM
I'm Will and I grew up in Ohio but now live in Kentucky. I've been a Red's fan since birth, and have never been a 'fan' of another team. My favorite Red of all time is Barry Larkin, and I loved watching Johnny Bench's Baseball Bunch. I'm a member of creative writing forums and Bengals boards, but for some reason hadn't decided to join a Red's message board until now.

Loved the baseball bunch that is why I became a fan.

Rando
12-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Growing up I used to think baseball was boring so I never followed. Back in 2009 I went to my first game at GABP and fell in love. There's just something about being at the ballpark. I've been a diehard Reds fan ever since and I go to at least 20 games a year and never miss a FSO/WLW broadcast.

I have a problem...

PS I'm not a fan of the 50 post + 45 day waiting period! I've proven myself on r/Reds ;)

Mike Honcho
12-04-2013, 05:51 PM
reddit? I doubt many on here have any idea what that is. To date I've only met one fellow redditor in the wild.

Larkin88
12-10-2013, 01:44 PM
reddit? I doubt many on here have any idea what that is. To date I've only met one fellow redditor in the wild.

Oh, /u/JoshBresser (http://www.reddit.com/u/JoshBresser). We hardly knew thee.

villain612
12-25-2013, 12:04 PM
This is a little late for this but oh well.

Ohio-native here, currently living in Florida (ie, the surface of the sun).

Grew up watching Cincinnati Reds games in old Riverfront Stadium during the 90's.
Caught a Mark McGwire batting practice home run ball in 1998 in that stadium.

Fun times.

Redsville
12-27-2013, 01:58 PM
This is a little late for this but oh well.

Ohio-native here, currently living in Florida (ie, the surface of the sun).

Grew up watching Cincinnati Reds games in old Riverfront Stadium during the 90's.
Caught a Mark McGwire batting practice home run ball in 1998 in that stadium.

Fun times.

Also late arrival to this thread myself. Hello All, been here since October 2013. Glad I found this forum which appears to be a very mature discussion about our Reds and baseball in general...something I'm sure most of have been searching for in forums.

I'm a Louisville native, been watching Reds for 30+ years, along with the minor league prospects come through the system in person, which is always fun.

Look forward to the rest of this offseason and Opening Day 2014. Go Reds!

EditTheSadParts
12-28-2013, 08:19 PM

Glad to see a few fellow redditors on this forum. I've been active on /r/reds for a couple of years now, and while it's a great sub, I've found through many months of lurking that discussions on RedsZone get into much greater detail and the community is substantially more active than /r/reds. Especially during the offseason.

I've been registered here for a while and I recently moved from Ohio to Arizona. Consequently, my daily Reds discourse has lapsed dramatically. Looking forward to getting fully immersed in this forum to help fill the void.

snapppenhaggle
02-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Hi I'm Jay and been a Reds fan for 34 years. Went to Cooperstown to see my all time favorite red Larkin get inducted. Live in the Hoosier state!

SunDeck
02-05-2014, 01:50 PM
Always good to have more Hoosiers. Too many Cards and Cubs fans in this state.

BuckNaked
02-24-2014, 09:49 PM
Hello all, oddly enough I am George, I am architect residing in New York City. I a grew up in a suburb outside of Indianapolis and have been a huge Red fan since my childhood. I'm glad I finally found a Reds baseball forum. I miss the good old days of the Big Red Machine, but our future is looking bright. I really love this young pitching staff and am looking forward to chatting with all of you during this 2014 campaign!!!!:beerme: GO REDS!!!!!!!

villain612
02-25-2014, 10:01 PM
Any other new members in the Tampa/St Pete area?

Here's hoping the Reds play the Rays sometime :)

bullseye
03-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Welcome.

mailbox head
04-08-2014, 10:26 AM
Kevin here in the Dayton area. Been a Reds fan since growing up listening to Joe and Marty in my dad's truck

JonIndiana
04-20-2014, 10:17 AM
Hello. Still learning . Trying to post a question to all. My question to all is: Help me make a list of former Reds still playing? Here is my initial list: Arroyo,Alonzo. Hannigan, Arrendondo. Janish, Stubbs, Wood, Costillo, Belisle. Joh Hamilton.

JonIndiana
04-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Help?

JonIndiana
04-20-2014, 12:26 PM
Can you name former reds now on other teams?

- - - Updated - - -

Former reds playing besides Bronson Arroyo?