PDA

View Full Version : flu bug

cincrazy
02-02-2013, 12:53 AM
Curious how many of my fellow Redszoners have been struck down with the flu bug. I've been ravaged tonight, and hope it's a short term thing, but most people I seem to know in my area have been gripped with it a few days at least. How have all of you fared?

camisadelgolf
02-02-2013, 08:19 AM
I got the two-day bug in early January but have been doing well since then aside from the copious amounts of phlegm (smoking a bunch hasn't helped--even if I'm not talking about cigarettes necessarily).

RedFanAlways1966
02-02-2013, 08:53 AM
Got it WED January 2 at 12:30 am when I woke up in a sweat and ran to the bathroom to vomit. 103 temperature for the next two days. I laid on the couch covered up and it felt like I did a triathalon just to roll over. The fever finally broke on FRI morning. It took me two more days to get my physical strength back. I have never felt so physically depleted in my entire life and will say it was the worst flu I have ever had. 20+ years out of college and it was the first time I have ever missed more than 1 day of work due to illness. It SUCKED (hope I can say that since I am not referring to a player lol).

I have heard there are two types out there. The one I described above and one that is more of a stomach thing (vomiting and diarrhea, but no fever). I hope whatever you have is something that leaves quickly!

moewan
02-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Got it WED January 2 at 12:30 am when I woke up in a sweat and ran to the bathroom to vomit. 103 temperature for the next two days. I laid on the couch covered up and it felt like I did a triathalon just to roll over. The fever finally broke on FRI morning. It took me two more days to get my physical strength back. I have never felt so physically depleted in my entire life and will say it was the worst flu I have ever had. 20+ years out of college and it was the first time I have ever missed more than 1 day of work due to illness. It SUCKED (hope I can say that since I am not referring to a player lol).

I have heard there are two types out there. The one I described above and one that is more of a stomach thing (vomiting and diarrhea, but no fever). I hope whatever you have is something that leaves quickly!

That is not the flu but Noro-virus, and it is sweeping the nation right now.

bigredmechanism
02-02-2013, 12:04 PM
I had it right before New Years, and it lasted almost 2 weeks. Pflegm, runny nose, sinus headache, sore throat.

I hated ever second of it.

Reds/Flyers Fan
02-02-2013, 12:57 PM
An 8th-grader in Miamisburg caught the flu on Jan. 23 and died Thursday. :(

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/miamisburg-8th-grader-dies-from-flu/nWC5d/

cincrazy
02-02-2013, 02:10 PM
It started out with sinus headaches, ear aches, and tiredness, and then last night vomiting and diarrhea hit, but no fever. Which I thought was weird. I feel like crap, but at least good enough to function. Horrible about to people passing away, I can't imagine.

Raisor
02-02-2013, 02:37 PM
If you are vomiting, its not the flu.

Or, at least, its not JUST the flu.

The flu won't make you vomit.

I enjoy a good vomit from time to time.

Ohayou
02-02-2013, 10:54 PM
I caught it a week or two before Christmas, on a Sunday. Had everything bigred mentioned, including really bad shivers. The first 2-3 days were hell, but I was able to return to my regular activities, including going to the gym, within the next week.

wolfboy
02-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Got the shot. No flu here. No cold or anything either (knock on wood).