PDA

View Full Version : World Baseball Classic

ATL Reds Fan
02-08-2013, 09:48 AM
The USA plays its first WBC game in a month and I was wondering what people thought our chances were this year. My guess on the lineup would be
1. Zobrist (RF)
2. Mauer (C)
3. Braun (LF)
4. Stanton (DH)
5. Teixeira (1B)
6. Wright (3B)
7. Jones (CF)
8. Phillips (2B)
9. Rollins (SS)

Our pitching looks a little weak with Dickey as our only real ace and we don't really have the star power we could have if everyone played but I still think its a solid team who should definitely be able to compete with Japan, Venezuela, and the DR.

AtomicDumpling
02-10-2013, 02:12 AM
The USA plays its first WBC game in a month and I was wondering what people thought our chances were this year. My guess on the lineup would be
1. Zobrist (RF)
2. Mauer (C)
3. Braun (LF)
4. Stanton (DH)
5. Teixeira (1B)
6. Wright (3B)
7. Jones (CF)
8. Phillips (2B)
9. Rollins (SS)

Our pitching looks a little weak with Dickey as our only real ace and we don't really have the star power we could have if everyone played but I still think its a solid team who should definitely be able to compete with Japan, Venezuela, and the DR.

Offensively the team is pretty solid. Defense should be good too. The starting pitching is weak, but it looks like the other teams will have weak pitching as well. Our relief pitching looks rock solid. Hopefully the USA will beef up the starting pitching before the tourney starts. I hear Justin Verlander is considering joining the team.

R_Webb18
02-10-2013, 12:02 PM
i heard you don't really even need starters.