PDA

View Full Version : Thousands Of Tickets Available On StubHub - How?

reagansdaddy
02-14-2013, 11:08 AM
How is it that every Reds home game already has thousands of tickets available on StubHub before single game tickets have gone on sale?

Does anyone have any idea when single game tickets will be available for purchase?

leeech86
02-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Some of it could be season ticket holders re-selling their tickets allready, some of it is probably ticketmaster scamming...I dunno.

But last year I remember single game tickets going on sale for every game around the first weekend of March.

muddie
02-14-2013, 01:13 PM
How is it that every Reds home game already has thousands of tickets available on StubHub before single game tickets have gone on sale?

Does anyone have any idea when single game tickets will be available for purchase?

FWIW, season ticket holders do this all the time. They may not even have the tickets yet but they know their location in the park and post it. For several years we've gone to Baltimore to see the Tigers and we would buy tickets on stubhub and then have to wait for the season ticket holder to receive them from the club before we could get them. The earlier they get them out there the more likely they are to get rid of them...lot of people trying to unload games. Realistically, who in the heck can get to 81 games a year? Not many fans I'm sure.

bigfunguy
02-14-2013, 01:36 PM
brokers routinely sell tix they dont have yet...they just know they will be able to get them, and for much cheaper than what the Stub Hub price is...

holster10
02-15-2013, 10:50 AM
For what it is worth, I trust Stubhub as a ticket source. Have bought from them many times in the for Reds and other venues. A few months back I bought IU mens basketball tix from them and somehow the seller couldn't produce them so as part of Stubhub's guarantee I got even better seats for the same price with an extra ticket to boot.

reagansdaddy
02-15-2013, 02:24 PM
I love StubHub as well. We buy club seats several times a year for weeknight games the day of the game for a significant discount off of face value. Never had any issue.

However, any time I've sold tickets on StubHub.....like when we had three consecutive day playoff games last year:angry:, I've had to enter the barcode number for the tickets before I could list them. Maybe season ticket holders get the barcodes before the tickets.

I can't wait until the Reds release their single game tickets. I wonder why they wait so long to do so. I'm ready to buy opening weekend NOW!