PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Cairo signed to the Reds' front office

Vander
02-14-2013, 02:49 PM
"Miguel Cairo joins Reds' baseball operations staff as special assistant to general manager Walt Jocketty."

-Reds Twitter Account

When I first saw this, all I saw was the Reds signing Miguel Cairo and I panicked... Then I saw front office, and calmed down... :laugh:

Kilgore_Trout
02-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Good for Miguel. I distinctly remember reading an article where he mentioned his desire to manage in the Bigs someday. This appears to be a step in the right direction, and I'm glad it is with our organization. I wish him the best of luck in all future endeavors.

90reds
02-14-2013, 04:12 PM
I hope Dusty isn't tempted to put him in the lineup!

In all seriousness though, I'm happy for Miguel, who by all accounts seems to be a great person and teammate, and think this is a good move by the Reds

BlackPete Ibold
02-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Maybe Walt can convince Rolen to do the same thing and we can get all of that "clubhouse and bench wisdom" without having to play either of them!

I like the move for the team and for Cairo.

90reds
02-15-2013, 01:19 AM
I just read somewhere that with Cairo's retirement, there are no more active players to play for the original Tampa Bay Devil Rays in 1998. End of an era!

LukeSho
02-15-2013, 01:59 AM
Good for Cairo. He's such a likeable guy and hard worker. People seem to talk very highly of him. Could turn into a great manager someday.

holster10
02-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Always liked Cairo but hope he doesn't pull any video of his own hitting from last year for instructional purposes.