PDA

View Full Version : Face of MLB

90reds
03-01-2013, 12:21 AM
So it ends tomorrow at 6:30 am. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's been voting for Joey Votto all month, but does anyone actually know what it's for? What does it mean to be the face of MLB?

Either way, keep voting for Joey. For anyone with Twitter, just tweet #JoeyVotto as many times as you can. Retweets count too. Right now he has about 68 percent of the vote, so we're almost there. Almost where?

Rock of Truth
03-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Maybe they will have those Giant Joey Votto heads behind home plate. Kind of like all of those you see behind the basket at college basketball games.

Vander
03-01-2013, 10:46 AM
And #JoeyVotto wins.

Spider Tre
03-01-2013, 10:59 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BESCFhUCAAIGdPw.jpg

way to go, Reds Country! :beerme:

RedLeg08
03-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Glad to see Votto win it. Dont know what it actually means but it's always good to see any reds player get national recognition.

Simon Rhymon
03-02-2013, 12:10 AM
Well ,that was one thing the Dodgers couldn't buy this year. ;)

tomnuetten
03-02-2013, 09:31 AM
Well ,that was one thing the Dodgers couldn't buy this year. ;)

They could have paid some fans to "vote" ;)

Nice interview from votto on mlb network... I think he used a lot of irony and made fun of this "contest"...

But thanked the reds fans for there effort...

Old NDN
03-04-2013, 09:03 AM
They could have paid some fans to "vote" ;)

Nice interview from votto on mlb network... I think he used a lot of irony and made fun of this "contest"...

But thanked the reds fans for there effort...

My favorite line was, how ironic that he was the Face of MLB, yet he was on the telephone and not on camera with the Hot Stove crew.....or something like that.

64red
03-09-2013, 10:52 PM
Maybe as the Face of Mlb one of the trading card companies will finally use him for a package cover. I don't buy baseball cards but, I started looking at the packages after the mvp season thinking that Joey would certainly be on about half of the covers. He wasn't of course, but they were filled with guys who have yet to play a full major league season. I know market size is a factor, but I don't think the casual fan outside of this area realizes what we have here.

NebraskaRed
03-21-2013, 11:06 AM
It's been a few weeks since he "won" but does anyone have any idea what this title even means?