PDA

View Full Version : Places to Stay

coryfly
03-03-2013, 01:45 AM
My wife and I are trying to get up to take my boy to his first Reds game at some point this summer. I haven't been in a long, long time. I was pretty young. Anyway, is the Hilton close to the stadium a good place to stay?? If not, what else would anyone suggest?? I just want somewhere safe and decent. We will probably only be there one night, maybe two at the most. Thanks!

Mark T
03-03-2013, 10:53 AM
We find that the closer to the stadium, the higher the rent and more need for a reservation. So we ended up at Travel Lodge, east down highway 10, and a straight shot. We have a nice room with hot tubs, pool, and kitchenette for $75 or so. Ask for room 228.

PedroBourbon
03-03-2013, 11:06 AM
http://www.redszone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

CN-RED
03-04-2013, 10:32 AM
I usually stay across the river in Covington at the Radisson. Decent hotel with a nice view. There is a bus that picks you up about a block away. The cost is around 50 cents and they take you right to the stadium. That is where I will be staying for the second and third game of the year against the Halos!

Josh
03-04-2013, 04:48 PM
My wife and I are trying to get up to take my boy to his first Reds game at some point this summer. I haven't been in a long, long time. I was pretty young. Anyway, is the Hilton close to the stadium a good place to stay?? If not, what else would anyone suggest?? I just want somewhere safe and decent. We will probably only be there one night, maybe two at the most. Thanks!

My wife and I always try to stay at the Hilton when we come to town for a Reds game very nice place to stay and close to food and about a five minute walk to the stadium.

reagansdaddy
03-05-2013, 09:57 AM
We've had good experiences with the Hampton Inn just across the river. You're within walking distance of the shuttle, parking is free, and the breakfast is excellent.

Eric from NC
03-07-2013, 04:48 PM
I have stayed at the Netherlands Hilton and the Westin. Both were nice. Westin smaller but more modern rooms. The website CinncinattiUSA does have half price reds tickets if you book your hotel through them. It is a really good ticket deal. Offer Good on all tickets except for clubseats.

tommycash
03-12-2013, 01:00 AM
My family and I stayed at the garfield suites downtown. It is a few blocks away, but they have a free shuttle service to the stadium if you don't want to walk and they provide a garage for you to park in. They also have a nice bar and grill in the lobby.

Beatlessp
03-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Tommy....your Mr. Baseball quote reminds me of Scott Rolen trying to get a contract this off-season.......:)

NebraskaRed
03-20-2013, 04:58 PM
My family and I stayed at the garfield suites downtown. It is a few blocks away, but they have a free shuttle service to the stadium if you don't want to walk and they provide a garage for you to park in. They also have a nice bar and grill in the lobby.

I second the Garfield Suites. I've stayed there a few times, and it's always been great. Like Tommy said, the shuttle service is free, but the walk can't be more than a mile, and on a nice day or night it isn't too bad at all.

coryfly
06-24-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm bringing this thread back to life because we have tickets for the Cardinals, August 2nd. What about the Millenium?? Is it in a good place and close enough to walk or not?? Thanks!

06-25-2013, 02:45 AM
I'm bringing this thread back to life because we have tickets for the Cardinals, August 2nd. What about the Millenium?? Is it in a good place and close enough to walk or not?? Thanks!

I like it. They have bulldozed the parking lot next to it, but they have valet parking too, and there is still more parking nearby. I like it, and it is a nice walk to and from GABP with a big crowd of other fans staying there.

PERHitKing
06-25-2013, 07:02 AM
I like it. They have bulldozed the parking lot next to it, but they have valet parking too, and there is still more parking nearby. I like it, and it is a nice walk to and from GABP with a big crowd of other fans staying there.

remdog
06-25-2013, 07:28 PM
The Residence Inn is currently the top rated hotel in Cincinnati on TripAdvisor.com. Includes free breakfast and 'suite type' rooms usually with seperate sleeping areas and kitchen facilities. You can read the reviews here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60993-d1889915-Reviews-Residence_Inn_Cincinnati_Downtown-Cincinnati_Ohio.html and price out a stay. Also, through that page you can read reviews of 61 other Cincinnati hotels. Have fun it should be a GREAT trip! Rem

Australian Red
06-25-2013, 08:23 PM
No one has recommedend the hotel i'm staying at so that can't be good!

dougdirt
06-25-2013, 08:46 PM
No one has recommedend the hotel i'm staying at so that can't be good!

Which one is it?

Australian Red
06-25-2013, 09:13 PM
Which one is it?

Ramada looks like a great place to get murdered in ya sleep! All the reviews and the 3.2/10 rating didn't fill me with confidence but it's in my budget and within walking distance to the GABP so i'll suck it up.

dougdirt
06-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Ramada looks like a great place to get murdered in ya sleep! All the reviews and the 3.2/10 rating didn't fill me with confidence but it's in my budget and within walking distance to the GABP so i'll suck it up.

I can't speak to the hotel itself, but the area shouldn't leave you with any real concerns. I will say this though, while it is technically within walking distance of the stadium, that is not a short walk. Google maps says it is about a 30 minute walk and that sounds about right to me. At the end of the day the thing that speaks the most to me, other than safety of course, is price.

Australian Red
06-25-2013, 10:05 PM
I can't speak to the hotel itself, but the area shouldn't leave you with any real concerns. I will say this though, while it is technically within walking distance of the stadium, that is not a short walk. Google maps says it is about a 30 minute walk and that sounds about right to me. At the end of the day the thing that speaks the most to me, other than safety of course, is price.

As long as their is a few pubs along the way 30 minutes if fine :beerme:

I'll be their for 11 nights so have plenty of time on my hands so not worried if it takes a while to walk around.

remdog
06-25-2013, 10:37 PM
As long as their is a few pubs along the way 30 minutes if fine :beerme:

I'll be their for 11 nights so have plenty of time on my hands so not worried if it takes a while to walk around.

Great attitude! I once found myself having to walk back to my hotel in Nice, France, from the Marc Chagall Museum, because I didn't remember the French name for a cab (Taxi, DUH) and walked about 3 miles, downhill, fortunately, stopping at every Bistro with a sidewalk cafe (and there were a lot of them!) for a 'piche' of wine. Perhaps the most interesting walk I've ever taken. :) Although by the time I got to the hotel it might be more appropriately called a 'stumble' rather than a 'walk'. :laugh:

Rem

PERHitKing
06-25-2013, 11:14 PM
I haven't stayed a the Millenium, since I live in Cincinnati, so I can't really say if its good or not. If it were me, I'd check in at the Hilton Netherland Plaza just east one block over. I have had some dealing with the office staff at the Hilton, since I work with the VA and we do quite a bit of business with them. We have never had any complaints, and it's considered one of the best hotels in Cincinnati. To get to GABP from either hotel, go east on West 5th Street about 3 blocks to Main Street, turn right and go about 2 block south and you'll be right at GABP. I would recommend the Holy Grail after the game just about everybody heads there afterwards. A friend of mine from work met a couple of coaches from the Giants there, just after the Reds dropped the second game.