PDA

View Full Version : Funny story concerning Joe Nuxhall

bamatank
03-12-2013, 12:06 PM
I have a funny story concerning Joe Nuxhall when he first started broadcasting.
He was broadcasting a game and a player hit a ball in the gap and Joe said there's a line drive to left, he's a round second, i mean around first. Oh i'm
just gonna quit. Do any of you older fans remember that?

texasdave
03-13-2013, 04:43 PM
I don't remember it but it is classic Joe. :)

Old NDN
03-17-2013, 10:13 AM
Don't remember this particular gem. But, I DO recall his attempt at broadcasting local basketball games. I can't remember if it was HS or college games. He had a little trouble keeping up with the action! Classic.

SunDeck
03-17-2013, 10:33 AM
He spoke at a knothole banquet one year and as the story goes, he must of not understood that it was an event full of kids rather than a sports stag. After a few sentences, one of hosts whispered something in his ear and loud enough to be picked up on the microphone, he said,

"Oh (insert a few choice cuss words), I'm sorry!"

PedroBourbon
03-17-2013, 02:04 PM
I was at Joe's Reds HOF induction ceremony when Marty told the story about the two of them getting pulled over by a cop on their way to the airport for an away game. Marty said the cop told them to leave their car and he would get them to the airport on time. Marty said when they got back, not only was Joe's car still on the side of the road, but it had been washed!