PDA

View Full Version : Rank these mid-tier SP - Marcum, Dempster, Garza, Lohse

Benihana
04-10-2013, 10:32 AM
For this year only. Thanks

nheath22
04-10-2013, 10:40 AM

I would take Loshe for the year as a whole, because I think you know what you are going to get including a high 3's ERA, low strike out rate, and a decent amount of innings pitched.

I think Garza will be the best pitcher once he comes off the DL in a month or so, but the question is really when he will be ready to pitch. He also has the potential to move to a contender down the stretch which could improve his value with wins.

Marcum still is on the DL and even when he comes back, I don't trust him against any of the better teams in his division. I also don't trust Dempster to have a great year in the AL east.

AtomicDumpling
04-10-2013, 01:06 PM

Dempster, Lohse, Garza, Marcum.

Dempster is the most complete fantasy pitcher from this group, although he is not a stud.

Lohse is a better pitcher in reality than fantasy. His lack of strikeouts hurts.

Garza is pretty good when healthy, but not healthy now.

Marcum is also good when healthy, but not healthy now.

Will M
04-12-2013, 06:46 PM
I have a feeling its pumpkin time for Lohse. I think he is in a park that favors hitters much more than St Louis. Brewer's defense is worse than the Cards. Cards traditionally have good coaching. I dropped him in a dynasty league after I couldn't get anyone to trade for him.

The only pitcher on this list I trust is Garza if healthy.

Are there any younger guys out there with upside? Guys like AJ Griffin, Alex Cobb, Ryu.