PDA

View Full Version : Songs and Sound at GABP

RedDan
04-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Anyone have a line on how we get them to shake up the show at GABP? Getting pretty tired of "Ma-ma-ma-make some noise!" and the incomprehensible Gary Glitter song. At least they got rid of "THUMP-THUMP-GOOOO...THUMP-THUMP-GOOOOO" and Gwen Stefanis' "Sweet Escape".

And so as not to be a total naysayer, I do like most of the walk-up songs and enjoy our vibe at GABP.

GO REDS!!

RedDan
04-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Just an observation....

Joesh
04-20-2013, 05:09 PM
No idea. They probably only change their music every year, maybe every all star break too

SweetLou1990
04-20-2013, 05:52 PM
What about that Cincinnati song that they played on opening day. How about they play that after every win? A'la the song the lil' cubs play after a win.

R3DL3GS
04-20-2013, 06:07 PM
The players change their personal songs whenever they want. The crap they play over the PA like "come on come on come on" hasn't been changed in years. It doesn't really bother me. Its just part of the atmosphere. I enjoy it. What does bother me is the "WOO" ignorance. I've no problem with the occasional heckle. It can be funny sometimes. However when some random idiot is yelling "Woo" for no particular reason its irritating. It lessens my enjoyment of the game.

MachineRed21
04-21-2013, 06:24 PM
Does anybody know where the "we'll all come home..." song comes from or who sings it? I've run it through SoundHound and it didn't recognize it. Tried to google the lyrics and came up empty there also. Just curious - thanks for any help!

Captain13
04-22-2013, 08:36 AM
Does anybody know where the "we'll all come home..." song comes from or who sings it? I've run it through SoundHound and it didn't recognize it. Tried to google the lyrics and came up empty there also. Just curious - thanks for any help!

If you are talking about the annoying song that plays everytime a Reds batter has two strikes, the lyric is "Come on come on" and it is Gary Glitter. I will be writing the Reds this week asking to have that song removed from the ballpark. It is appalling that it still gets played and he still gets paid.

MachineRed21
04-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that's the song (and I sat through a really bad video on youtube to make sure lol). Anyway, it goes...'we'll all come home' or 'we'll all go home.' It's used when the Reds are rallying it seems - thanks for the help, I'll keep searching!

buckeyeboy
04-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Oh. Is that the words to that song? It is so muddled that I never could figure out what they were saying. There is probably a better rally song that this.

Rantly
04-22-2013, 03:42 PM
I AGREE!!!
That "gary glitter" clip is the WORST....mainly because they play it so often.
It really is annoying, only saving grace is that I believe they usually play it when the reds are starting a rally

RedDan
04-22-2013, 05:58 PM
I am happy to see all these comments...and I agree, I will be writing GABP this week as well to request the removal of that song. It is annoying, uninspiring, and yes, Gary Glitter does not deserve a penny after his reprehensible actions in the past. Thanks, everybody!

SweetLou1990
04-22-2013, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think that's the song (and I sat through a really bad video on youtube to make sure lol). Anyway, it goes...'we'll all come home' or 'we'll all go home.' It's used when the Reds are rallying it seems - thanks for the help, I'll keep searching!

I think we're talking about the same song, everyone else is talking about something else........

Rantly
04-23-2013, 03:06 PM
This is the song I'm talking about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8RCFqwv8wg

bigredmechanism
04-23-2013, 03:12 PM
I love that this song is a point of contention for both The Sun Deck and The Old Red Guard.

That Gary Glitter song is atrocious.

MachineRed21
04-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Thanks Rantly - that's it! I've been trying to find that forever...not saying that I like it or don't, but I just wanted to know where it came from! Thanks much

hairmetalfreek
04-24-2013, 11:22 PM
That Gary Glitter song is atrocious.

Are the teams ignorant of Glitter's actions? Do they not realize he gets some sort of royalties from his music being played? Surely there are other songs that could be utilized in these situations.

bigredmechanism
04-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Are the teams ignorant of Glitter's actions? Do they not realize he gets some sort of royalties from his music being played? Surely there are other songs that could be utilized in these situations.

I imagine that people might know about him, but might not realize that that's his song. Every time I hear that, it seems someone is about to K to end an inning. I think it's bad mojo.

bigblue93_2000
05-16-2013, 08:27 PM
I was wondering if anyone out there knows the name of the song played over the highlights they show on the big screen just before the players take the field to begin the game?. I was there a couple of weeks ago and I really liked it

ForPetesSake
05-19-2013, 07:03 PM
The atmosphere has become like an NBA game. Just return to the organ. That's what Pete would do.

Beer&Bourbon
05-20-2013, 11:13 PM
They definitely are still playing that (the Gary Glitter song). I can't believe that even passes for a song. I agree: terrible.

Has anyone else noticed BP's influence on the Reds walk up songs? BP has always had a lot of underground rap - most of which I don't even recognize. I do like that he switches up the song every at bat, but I don't like any of his songs better than the next. Bruce and Choo have started to pick up on this with other underground rap songs, too. I'm not a fan. I liked when Bruce was using Macklemore's "Thift Shop".

Beer&Bourbon
05-20-2013, 11:15 PM
The atmosphere has become like an NBA game. Just return to the organ. That's what Pete would do.

There was a great organ player there at the last Sunday game against the Brewers. He was great. He was even shown on the video screen at one point.

Wonderful Monds
05-21-2013, 12:12 AM
In a surprising display of being caught up with pop culture, I know I heard Passion Pit's "Take a Walk" a couple times after Reds batter's base on balls.

I've also heard "Intro" by The xx a couple times during pre-game videos.

gilpdawg
05-21-2013, 12:37 AM
I was wondering if anyone out there knows the name of the song played over the highlights they show on the big screen just before the players take the field to begin the game?. I was there a couple of weeks ago and I really liked it

Joker and the Thief by Wolfmother?

Beer&Bourbon
05-21-2013, 12:46 PM
In a surprising display of being caught up with pop culture, I know I heard Passion Pit's "Take a Walk" a couple times after Reds batter's base on balls.

I'm not sure that I've noticed this, but that's great.

KYRedLeg
05-21-2013, 12:50 PM

Joker and the Thief by Wolfmother?

A direct-feed version of the video used to be on YouTube (ie, the actual video, and not just recorded from the screen), but it got yanked for some reason. Luckily, I saved it. PM me, and I'll send it to you.