PDA

View Full Version : Stop the WOO!

R3DL3GS
04-21-2013, 05:16 PM
http://www.change.org/petitions/reds-management-stop-the-woo-at-gabp

Joesh
04-21-2013, 05:25 PM
I don't know how they can stop fans from doing the "Wooo", it'd be like banning the wave

RedTeamGo!
04-22-2013, 12:35 AM
Short answer: they can't

smith288
04-22-2013, 01:26 AM
As a fan. Just tell the idiot doing it that our players HATE the sound. It's all you can do.

RedTeamGo!
04-22-2013, 10:38 AM
As a fan. Just tell the idiot doing it that our players HATE the sound. It's all you can do.

Telling drunk frat boys to stop doing something. That will have good results, haha.

I was watching a pirates game the other day and I think their wooing is worse. The braves announcers were talking about how annoying it was, was hilarious.

Mastodon
04-22-2013, 12:46 PM
Telling drunk frat boys to stop doing something. That will have good results, haha.

I was watching a pirates game the other day and I think their wooing is worse. The braves announcers were talking about how annoying it was, was hilarious.

Great now it's spreading to other ballparks. So even on away game we'll have to endure the stupidity.

malcontent
04-22-2013, 01:27 PM

I don't know that Welsh and Brennaman actually encouraging it has had any effect, but at least it sounds as if the Braves announcers have a clue.

RedTeamGo!
04-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Great now it's spreading to other ballparks. So even on away game we'll have to endure the stupidity.

This did not start in Cinci. Pittsburgh did it first.

smith288
04-22-2013, 02:18 PM
This did not start in Cinci. Pittsburgh did it first.
I believe it was a drunk idiot at a late Reds game wasnt it and a bunch of drunk college idiots started doing it to mock him?

RedTeamGo!
04-22-2013, 02:20 PM
I believe it was a drunk idiot at a late Reds game wasnt it and a bunch of drunk college idiots started doing it to mock him?

That is when it started in Cinci, but they have been doing it in Pitt for a couple years I believe.

George Anderson
04-22-2013, 02:31 PM
I thought it started with people barking during last years "Bark in the Park" and it somehow turned to a WWWWOOOO.

GotHeeeeem
04-22-2013, 10:17 PM
Dont stop the wooooo. Apparently most the fans who actually care to stay till the end of the games are the ones Wooo-ing.

Ohayou
04-22-2013, 11:19 PM
http://www.memegeneokerlund.com/media/created/j9icso.jpg

dougdirt
04-22-2013, 11:23 PM
I don't know how they can stop fans from doing the "Wooo", it'd be like banning the wave

They should also ban the wave.

ProfessorTofty
04-23-2013, 12:57 AM
I thought it started with people barking during last years "Bark in the Park" and it somehow turned to a WWWWOOOO.
Nobody seems to be quite sure how it started, though that's one theory. I do remember that it was the longest game ever played at the Great American Ball Park and apparently people were a little punch-drunk and started howling.

nismoredlegs
04-29-2013, 11:42 PM
I actually enjoy it. Watching alot of out of market games on Extra Innings; I have realized Reds fans are pretty conservative and a little up-tight when it comes to cheering.

For me it's an homage to The Nature Boy, I even woo at work. Its fun to do during a long game, it's fun to do while drinking. It's just fun to do. If I pay my money to watch a game, I'm not gonna think once if a tight-butt fan asks me to stop. Is it really that hard to just ignore it and watch/listen to the game. Not a fan of Jim Day, but I still watch Reds live.

Norm Chortleton
04-30-2013, 12:03 AM
Or not

adampad
04-30-2013, 12:03 AM
It began in Pittsburgh....then it came to Cincy with them. And it's not a howl. It's a Rick Flair style "wooo"

http://deadspin.com/5940688/pnc-park-rings-with-ric-flair-wooos-as-pirates-fans-liven-up-game-with-impromptu-nature-boy-calls