PDA

View Full Version : Whence Daniel Tuttle?

mace
05-07-2013, 09:19 AM
This was probably covered a while back, but I can't recall what has become of Tuttle. Is he still in the organization? Last I can see, he was activated from the DL last September. I thought his drug suspension was complete, but was there another? Injured? Released? All I know is he hasn't pitched this year. Thanks.

redsof72
05-07-2013, 09:57 AM
He is still property of the Reds but under suspension. His drug suspension ended in April of 2012 but he has been suspended a couple more times. Not as bad a person as you might think but struggles with the structured lifestyle required of a pro athlete in terms of following a set routine, being on time, etc. Has a big league arm but never made the commitment and time might have run out.

mace
05-07-2013, 10:13 AM
He is still property of the Reds but under suspension. His drug suspension ended in April of 2012 but he has been suspended a couple more times. Not as bad a person as you might think but struggles with the structured lifestyle required of a pro athlete in terms of following a set routine, being on time, etc. Has a big league arm but never made the commitment and time might have run out.

Thanks 72. I have a friend who's from North Carolina (like Tuttle) and whose name is also Tuttle who was inquiring. And I was curious, as well. Seems like there were big hopes for him after the draft.