PDA

View Full Version : Fun Reds Facts/Trivia

DavidMemphis
05-12-2013, 09:58 PM
I am a big trivia/fun fact guy, so hopefully there are many of the same here. I hope to see many facts/trivia questions on here as well as replies, comments, etc. I will try to post the answers to my questions (if not answered correctly), within 24 hours - if work will allow be to do so. So . . . .i shall start by a fun fact/trivia question that is pretty hard - unless you happened to being paying VERY close attention during that particular season.

Chris Sabo hit 25 Home Runs during the World Series Championship season of 1990. What was somewhat unusual about his feat?

Hollcat
05-13-2013, 12:31 AM
That led the team?

DavidMemphis
05-13-2013, 09:59 AM
That led the team?

While that is true (he edged Eric Davis by one who had 24), that is not the answer I'm looking for. As I said, it's a difficult question, and can only be answered if one was paying very close attention. In particular to a certain game in the post-season that year, because it was there that it was mentioned by a commentator (which is the only reason I even remember it).

mattfeet
05-13-2013, 10:35 AM
They were all solo shots?

George Anderson
05-13-2013, 10:46 AM
They were all hit to straight away left field.

DavidMemphis
05-13-2013, 11:38 AM
They were all hit to straight away left field.

CORRECT!!!! Great job, George! Every single one was a left field shot - talk about a dead-pull hitter. Spuds was favorite of mine - loved his effort and enthusiasm. Again - great call George - I was doubting anyone would get it.

George Anderson
05-13-2013, 12:15 PM
CORRECT!!!! Great job, George! Every single one was a left field shot - talk about a dead-pull hitter. Spuds was favorite of mine - loved his effort and enthusiasm. Again - great call George - I was doubting anyone would get it.

I just remember the most inane minutia sometimes.

DavidMemphis
05-15-2013, 08:29 PM
As with all of these questions, I ask that no one look this stuff up, as that takes all the fun out of it. So, with that said . . . . can anyone tell me . . . . who was at the plate, who was pitching, and who caught the last out in the 1990 World Series?

Old school 1983
05-15-2013, 08:52 PM
As with all of these questions, I ask that no one look this stuff up, as that takes all the fun out of it. So, with that said . . . . can anyone tell me . . . . who was at the plate, who was pitching, and who caught the last out in the 1990 World Series?

Maybe carney landsford or something like that hitting. Myers pitching I think. I know benzinger caught it. I was barely 7 at the time I can't believe I remember I know for sure who caught it.

cincyredway
05-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Old school that is correct, Lansford, Myers and benzinger. I have listened to Marty's call a billion times. Benzinger backing and calling and the 1990 worlds championship belongs to the cincinnati reds. My all time favorite reds moment, and I was 11 at the time.

Old school 1983
05-16-2013, 07:03 AM
Old school that is correct, Lansford, Myers and benzinger. I have listened to Marty's call a billion times. Benzinger backing and calling and the 1990 worlds championship belongs to the cincinnati reds. My all time favorite reds moment, and I was 11 at the time.

That was an awesome call. I knew benzinger for sure because I got his autograph the next year and asked him about it.