PDA

View Full Version : Minor League Updates: Monday 5/27/2013

texasdave
05-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Dayton off to a hot start, hanging a crooked number in the top of the first.

Jeff Gelalich gets things rolling with a one-out double. Mejias-Brean walks and then Jesse Winker doubles them both home. Winker then puts his athleticism on display for the Redszone doubters by stealing third. :) Junior Arias reaches on an error as Winker comes home. Arias proceeds to steal second (25) and third (26) but is stranded there. Billy Hamilton sits in the Louisville dugout and thinks to himself 'Game on, dude'.

Pedro Diaz is the beneficiary of this three-run outburst.

Junior Arias is 0-2 but has reached both times on errors. He just stole his 27th base.

Diaz has given up a lone run through four full. 3-1 Dragons.

Singles by Gelalich, Mejias-Brean and Rahier up Dayton's lead to 4-1 through six. Diaz pitched five strong. Joey Housey is on in relief.

Dayton with an excellent effort today win 4-1.

Pedro Diaz 5IP 3H 1R 1ER 3BB 1K.
Four innings of shutout ball from the bullpen - Housey two innings. Peralta one. Lucas one. Lucas earned his 7th save.

Gelalich pounded out 3 hits, one a double. Average up to .275.
Amaral, Mejias-Brean each singled and doubled.
The Dragons stole six bases.

texasdave
05-27-2013, 05:32 PM
Meanwhile back in Louisville the Bats have also struck quickly. Daniel Corcino worked out of a bases-loaded jam of his own making. He walked two. In the bottom half of the first, Hamilton walked, stole second (26) and then scored when Josh Fellhauer went yard. Bats up 2-0, still batting in the bottom half of the first.
Corcino gives up a home run in the top of the second to halve the lead. Bats threaten in the bottom of the second. Negron doubles with one out. Hamilton follows with his second walk of the game. Back-to-back Ks end the threat. 2-1 Louisville.

Louisville involved in a slobberknocker. With the score tied at five, Columbus pushed across three in the top of the ninth. Louisville answers with a trifecta of their own in the bottom of the ninth. Free baseball.

Daniel Corcino was putrid: 3.1IP 8H 5R 5ER 3BB 3K.
Curtis Partch and Nick Christiani combined for 4.2 virgin frames.
Yohan Pino allowed the three runs in the ninth.
And now Kevin Whelan has coughed up three of his own in the tenth.

Bats bounce back with three so far of their own in the bottom of the tenth and it is tied up again at 11.
Negron singled, Hamilton drew his third walk, Fellhauer doubled them both home and then Soto's double tied it up. Soto is at second with nobody out. Soto is left stranded so more free holiday baseball going into the 11th.

Fellhauer, Hessman and Perez have homered already for the Bats. Fellhauer began the season 1-20 but is now up to .250 after that double in the tenth.

texasdave
05-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Bakersfield plates a run in the top of the first. Hot-hitting Ryan Wright leads off with a double, moves to third on a passed ball and scored on a Yorman Rodriguez ground out. Jake Johnson is pitching for the Blaze.
The Blaze also involved in a wild one. They gave up four in the bottom of the eight to fall behind 9-7 but have rallied for one and are still batting in the top of the ninth. The score is now 9-8. Bakersfield tacked on another and tied things up at 9 heading into the bottom of the ninth.

texasdave
05-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Chattanooga is hosting Pensacola and have jumped out front by scoring four in the first two innings to put the Pensacola starter in a Crabbe mood. The big blow was a three-run dinger by Yasiel Puig in the first.

Luis Durango (.314) has singled and Tucker Barnhart (.287) has doubled early on.

Kc61
05-27-2013, 09:51 PM
I don't usually electioneer for Minor League Player of the Day. But I've always thought Josh Fellhauer might be a good platoon type bat in the major leagues. He seems to hit every year.

This year at AAA he started slowly but he's having a big game today.

So, I'm electioneering.

mace
05-27-2013, 10:12 PM
The bad news is that Louisville lost 13-11 in 12 innings. The good news is that Corky Miller pitched the final 2/3, giving up just a hit.

mace
05-27-2013, 10:13 PM
I don't usually electioneer for Minor League Player of the Day. But I've always thought Josh Fellhauer might be a good platoon type bat in the major leagues. He seems to hit every year.

So, I'm electioneering.

I was just gathering the list, and moments ago happened to put a little mark by Fellhauer's name. But the night's not quite over.

M2
05-27-2013, 10:18 PM
Corcino is injured, right? Because if he's not injured, he's horrible.

And I still get all confused when Pensacola plays Chattanooga. I'm conditioned to root for the team with the eyeballs mascot.

klw
05-27-2013, 10:25 PM
billy Hamilton was 1-3 but with 4 walks. bizarre thing is even with being on first 5 times he only had 1 steal.

ProfessorTofty
05-27-2013, 11:35 PM
That is bizarre for Hamilton. Wait a second... Hamilton was at bat seven times? ... ... Wow, that was quite a game.

Good on the Dragons. Their performance starting out this season was, well abysmal, but they've really bounced back nicely lately.

klw
05-28-2013, 07:50 AM
How did Corky look on the mound? What was his radar gun readings showing? Did he through a slider or was it a curve? ;)

lollipopcurve
05-28-2013, 08:22 AM
Corcino is injured, right? Because if he's not injured, he's horrible.

Gotta think.

texasdave
05-28-2013, 09:21 AM

So, I'm electioneering.

Fellhauer's numbers for the month of May: .315/.371/.481/.852.

texasdave
05-28-2013, 09:24 AM
If there was a MiPOTW award it would have to go to Ryan Wright. In his last eight games he has posted this line. Joey Votto would be envious. .441/.513/.853/1.366.
Billy Hamilton is on fire as well. Last nine games. .351/.467/.405/.872.
Junior Arias has been stealing bases at will lately. His last nine games. .389/.405/.528/.933. 11 stolen bases. Like to see some walks mixed in.

Benihana
05-28-2013, 10:49 AM
If there was a MiPOTW award it would have to go to Ryan Wright. In his last eight games he has posted this line. Joey Votto would be envious. .441/.513/.853/1.366.
Billy Hamilton is on fire as well. Last nine games. .351/.467/.405/.872.
Junior Arias has been stealing bases at will lately. His last nine games. .389/.405/.528/.933. 11 stolen bases. Like to see some walks mixed in.

Great to see Hamilton starting to put it together.

As far as Wright goes, nice to see a nice stretch, but I would hope he'd be punishing High A as he turns 24 later this year. I've always said I could see him as a Chris Valaika type player, but he needs to hit more than he has so far this year in order to achieve that. Hopefully this week is the beginning of that.

If Corcino is not injured, he should probably be demoted. He has been utterly atrocious all year.

texasdave
05-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Louisville radio guy just said Corky was throwing a knuckler yesterday and one was clocked in the upper 40s.