PDA

View Full Version : Dragons game on Sunday

redsmetz
05-30-2013, 04:40 PM
My wife went out to Missouri to see her mother who is not doing well and she hitched a ride with her sister and brother-in-law with me driving her up to I-70 in Dayton to connect. She's coming back on Sunday, probably coming back thru around 5 p.m.

I see the Dragons are playing at 2 p.m. that day and there are tickets available on their website (mostly the higher $17.75 tix). Any place better to sit than others? Anyone else going to be there? I thought I'd take in the game before heading back up by the airport to meet them.

redsmetz
05-30-2013, 08:02 PM
I didn't see any tickets on Stubhub or Craigslist for Sunday's game. Is buying directly from the Dragons the only option. There seem to be plenty of tickets in the 200 sections and out on the lawn. If I buy a lawn ticket, is it possible to find a seat elsewhere to sit?

Edd Roush
05-31-2013, 08:55 AM
I didn't see any tickets on Stubhub or Craigslist for Sunday's game. Is buying directly from the Dragons the only option. There seem to be plenty of tickets in the 200 sections and out on the lawn. If I buy a lawn ticket, is it possible to find a seat elsewhere to sit?

Redsmetz, when I went to a game last week, I also did not see any tickets on stubhub. There were tickets available at the box office, however. There literally is not a bad seat in the house with the much smaller capacity of Dayton's stadium compared to a big league park. You may want to go with a seat down the left field line, so that you can be closer to top prospect Jesse Winker. Furthermore, Tanner Rahier is playing third and he really could do something in the bigs too. Let me know if you have any other questions.

redsmetz
05-31-2013, 10:15 AM
Redsmetz, when I went to a game last week, I also did not see any tickets on stubhub. There were tickets available at the box office, however. There literally is not a bad seat in the house with the much smaller capacity of Dayton's stadium compared to a big league park. You may want to go with a seat down the left field line, so that you can be closer to top prospect Jesse Winker. Furthermore, Tanner Rahier is playing third and he really could do something in the bigs too. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, ER. I'm still planning on going unless something changes with the reason my wife headed home which means I won't be picking her up in Dayton. I haven't looked at the weather, but I'm hoping it'll be good.

Edd Roush
05-31-2013, 11:44 AM
Thanks, ER. I'm still planning on going unless something changes with the reason my wife headed home which means I won't be picking her up in Dayton. I haven't looked at the weather, but I'm hoping it'll be good.

Looks like only about a 20% chance of rain. There are some covered seats if rain becomes more of a concern. Also, there is a lot of street parking around the ballpark which is what I would shoot for. Furthermore, the Dragons won't let you bring in food so if you want to save a few bucks (or eat better for the same price), my suggestion would be Milano's on Brown Street. They have great subs and pizza. If you are feeling chicken wings, I would go for Flannagan's. Both are two of the more popular UD bars which also happen to have great food.

redsmetz
06-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Got 1st row, section 108, just to the right of home plate.

redsmetz
06-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Cisco out after 1st batter in the 4th flies out. Appears to be a blister. Score tied at two each.