PDA

View Full Version : Willie Abreu

Benihana
06-09-2013, 12:07 PM
I think this guy could be the steal of the Reds draft. Plus power and a plus arm, he projects as a RF with plus defense.

I have seen multiple occasions where he's compared to Albert Almora, who was a top 10 overall pick in last year's draft. Supposedly a couple teams wanted to take him in the 3rd round but his asking price was too high ($450K) yet the Reds are willing to match that. BA ranked him 205th overall, which I believe is higher than any of the Reds other draft picks after Ervin and Lorenzen. (Howard was #234).

Will be great if we can sign him. Hopefully he turns out better than the last Florida HS OF "projected steal" drafted after the 10th round, Kyle Waldrop.

kearns and dunn
06-09-2013, 12:21 PM
I think that as of right now, it looks like he's going to go to school.

Edd Roush
06-09-2013, 12:26 PM

Money talks. I really hope that Buckley has some of his top guys slotted in so that he can throw some big money at some of these high school kids so we can infuse some upside into this system.

Vottomatic
06-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Is he related to Bobby?

Benihana
06-09-2013, 12:43 PM

Did you see new information indicating that? Last I saw, the Reds were willing to meet his number of $450K?

Benihana
06-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Too bad they can't sign Collins either. If there are three guys I really want to sign after the first 5 rounds, its Abreu, Collins, and Benintendi. If we can sign 2 of the 3 it will be good.