PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Paula

Dan
07-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Paula (http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=paula-000dan) is a catcher in Billings in his second professional year. He's putting up an OPS that is similar to Ervin's. I'm just wondering if he's a legit prospect, and if he is, how does he project and what is his timetable?

RedlegJake
07-08-2013, 05:34 PM
I am curious myself. Seems to have a very good bat sans much power so far. Love to see a few BA driven high obp guys start climbing the ladder.

JaxRed
07-09-2013, 07:26 PM
The other catcher there (Jose Ortiz) is almost 2 years younger and also putting up stellar numbers. He just turned 19 a month ago

RedlegJake
07-10-2013, 10:06 AM
The other catcher there (Jose Ortiz) is almost 2 years younger and also putting up stellar numbers. He just turned 19 a month ago

Maybe catcher will look like a system strength in another year.

mace
07-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Just thought I'd paste this observation from lollipopcurve in the Billings-on-TV thread:

Daniel Paula with maybe the strangest stance I've seen in a while. I doubt he's taller than 5'8", and goes real low, Ricky Henderson style, but somewhat collapsed on his back leg and, in his initial setup, bat extended behind him parallel to the ground.