PDA

View Full Version : No Mas Jim Day FSO!!!!

armybrat45103
07-15-2013, 12:37 AM
Please no more Jim Day FSO!!!!!!!!! I cannot take this obnoxious geek any longer. His play by play is horrible and I am way beyond tired of listening to his robot routine when Chapman highlights come on and his BRUUUUUCE chant that never ends. No mas FSO! No mas.

Alpha Zero
07-15-2013, 08:26 AM
Please no more Jim Day FSO!!!!!!!!! I cannot take this obnoxious geek any longer. His play by play is horrible and I am way beyond tired of listening to his robot routine when Chapman highlights come on and his BRUUUUUCE chant that never ends. No mas FSO! No mas.

I'm not usually one to complain about the TV announcers, but as you said, Jim Day is just an absolutely godawful play-by-play guy. I mean, just go watch the highlights from the last few games. He's cringe-inducingly bad.

indyreds
07-15-2013, 08:36 AM
Wow, hes not that bad. C'mon now.

wastedtime
07-15-2013, 09:04 AM
I'm so anxious to get rid of Thom, that I'd take Jim Day as a Reds announcer

KYBatsFan
07-15-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm so glad Alpha Zero started this thread so I didn't have to! What a terrible play by play man. UGH!

If nothing else, can we let go of the lame "Beaumont Bomber" moniker for Bruce? Memo to Jim Day: it ain't gonna "catch on".

MillerTime58
07-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Wow he's really not that bad guys. He's obviously not as trained as all other PBP announcers but he is quite entertaining I think at times. When Chris Welsh does PBP on the radio, he is 10 times worse.

armybrat45103
07-15-2013, 02:13 PM
How is Day entertaining, Miller? He reminds me of a bored, annoying little brother on a long car ride. Robot impersonations and stupid nicknames for players is NOT my idea of entertainment. And I will take Thom any day over this fool. And I am no fan of his either. But listening to Thom bash players while Welsh kisses their arse is more entertaining than listening to Day do his bit when Chapman comes on the field any day of the week.

MillerTime58
07-15-2013, 02:41 PM
How is Day entertaining, Miller? He reminds me of a bored, annoying little brother on a long car ride. Robot impersonations and stupid nicknames for players is NOT my idea of entertainment. And I will take Thom any day over this fool. And I am no fan of his either. But listening to Thom bash players while Welsh kisses their arse is more entertaining than listening to Day do his bit when Chapman comes on the field any day of the week.Guess I enjoy laughing? It's entertainment, no need to be so serious when watching a kid's game on tv.

redsfan30
07-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Guess I enjoy laughing? It's entertainment, no need to be so serious when watching a kid's game on tv.

Quoted. For. Truth.

armybrat45103
07-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Guess I enjoy laughing? It's entertainment, no need to be so serious when watching a kid's game on tv.

If you can laugh at Jim Day, then you must love watching train wrecks because that is what Day's pbp is. And his little nicknames/sound effects are hardly funny or entertaining.

Unassisted
07-17-2013, 10:05 PM
I went to college with Jim Day. He's a good guy IRL and OK in my book. In my ideal world, he would replace Thom in the rotation and Thom would move to Seattle or Japan. I'd actually be happy if anyone replaced Thom in the rotation. ;)

marcshoe
07-18-2013, 12:19 AM
I think he's fun. I enjoy having a guy in the booth who knows that baseball is meant to be enjoyed and doesn't take it as a personal affront when a player doesn't perform up to his expectations. Welsh provides a lot of knowledge and research, and Day doesn't get in his way.

MillerTime58
07-18-2013, 10:32 AM
I like Thom too, he just seems to have a good voice for announcing sports. And while he does get negative, his mini (positive) outbursts over Chapman's fastball and BP's defense etc are hilarious. GASSSSSSS!! HOLY MOSES!!

REDSD
07-20-2013, 11:11 AM
I'm usually open to ANYONE replacing Thom, but not Day. He was so annoying that it made watching the games difficult for me. I agree that he should realize his, "Beaumont Bomber" is not going to catch on and he should stop using it IMMEDIATELY!!!!! I don't mind him doing the pre-post game stuff, but an entire game of his play by play is too much to bear!!!

Driver62
07-21-2013, 10:37 AM
I don't mind Day as much as others except for his mistakes. Cozart was batting and he called him Cingani, Phillips hit a ball up the middle that he called a base hit but the SS fielded it and threw him out. Twice in one game a batter hit a foul ball in the dirt at the plate and it rolled to the backstop. Both times Day called it a swing and a miss.

As for the other announcers, I don't care for Thom and the Cowboy would be much better if he'd quit talking about food and what he eats.