PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Ticket Opportunity

Redlegs
09-13-2013, 07:04 PM
I just got notification that I have the opportunity to buy playoff tickets. Anyone else get in?

dougdirt
09-13-2013, 07:08 PM
Just like high school all over again. Rejected multiple times.

5TimeWSChamps
09-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Forgot to even sign up. Never a problem getting them though. Sat 4 rows off the field for $13 for GAmes 4 and 5 last year

Redlegs
09-13-2013, 07:12 PM
I've tried for every opportunity they've had. First time I've been selected.

dougdirt
09-13-2013, 08:12 PM
I've tried for every opportunity they've had. First time I've been selected.

I won the lottery to buy Opening Day tickets a few years ago. It is always nice to win.

edabbs44
09-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner.

Norm Chortleton
09-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Forgot to even sign up. Never a problem getting them though. Sat 4 rows off the field for $13 for GAmes 4 and 5 last year

Sweet. I'll give you $15 and buy you a beer for similar seats this year.

5TimeWSChamps
09-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Sweet. I'll give you $15 and buy you a beer for similar seats this year.

Just gotta wait for game time to be moved to early afternoon.

adampad
09-13-2013, 09:06 PM
I'm in!

I doubt a lot of people knew to enter this drawing...

I hope it's not like last year though and I get stuck with tickets again. You couldn't give away a ticket on that final game. The timing of the games sucked.

Redsfansince72
09-14-2013, 12:07 AM
got the non winning reply.. I did buy a ticket outside the gate from a guy whos son couldnt go the last minute to game #5 last year for $25 that was originally $75.. that was lucky.. doubt that happens again..

5TimeWSChamps
09-14-2013, 12:28 AM
got the non winning reply.. I did buy a ticket outside the gate from a guy whos son couldnt go the last minute to game #5 last year for $25 that was originally $75.. that was lucky.. doubt that happens again..

Check Stubhub next time. If the Reds play the Pirates in the NLDS (If they make it there), that game will be early afternoon and there will be thousands of tickets put online for nothing

oregonred
09-14-2013, 12:37 AM
Playoffs?? Playoffs?? cue the Jim Mora video...

09-14-2013, 01:13 AM
Always remember to sign up.

Rejected last year.
Rejected again this year.

LvJ
09-14-2013, 02:12 AM
I got in! This week is going to be tight money wise, though. Bad timing! Ugh.

KittyDuran
09-14-2013, 08:01 AM
The Reds also gave regular season ticket holders another chance to buy more tickets yesterday only from 9am-5pm (2 more tickets for me). It was password protected and probably non-transferrable so I couldn't give it out. Passed on it-had to take out a small "loan" to order the 1 bleacher seat! :(

Joseph
09-14-2013, 08:32 AM
I bought the power pack so I got mine yesterday. I apologize I wasn't in a position to offer to buy for others, I've been so busy of late I didn't even remember Friday was the day until I got the email.

KittyDuran
09-14-2013, 09:04 AM
I bought the power pack so I got mine yesterday. I apologize I wasn't in a position to offer to buy for others, I've been so busy of late I didn't even remember Friday was the day until I got the email.That thought crossed my mind briefly when I got the email... but I didn't want to get stuck with tickets if someone decided to back out.

mattfeet
09-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Im SO pissed. We have the Power Pack and I totally forgot to get our tickets yesterday. Im so mad at myself. :(

-Matt

HeatherC1212
09-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Zip for me AGAIN this year. So disappointing. I've gone to on average about 15-20 games per year since 2009 (I don't buy season tickets...I just find great deals or sit in the View Level) but I can't seem to win a lottery opportunity from the Reds for ANYTHING. *sigh* :(

WVRedsFan
09-14-2013, 11:47 PM
This is several years running I've been rejected, but this year it didn't matter. Broke my ankle trying to be 20 again in August and couldn't go anyway. Someday I'll win, but I probably will die the day after. Just my luck.

09-15-2013, 12:17 AM
If anyone has opportunity to buy LCS tix for any reason that they won't take advantage of, I'd love a PM.

If the Reds make the LCS (not sure how likely but I'm really hoping they get it together to make it that far), I'll be heading back to Cincinnati from DC to see as many games as I can get tickets for without doing a second mortgage on my house.

nmculbreth
09-15-2013, 12:40 AM

I "won" last year and bought field box seats for games three and four and dugout box seats for game five and with the weird start times I ended up having to sell games four and five for less than half of what I paid for them. This time I'm buying from Stub Hub.

Carin4Narron
09-15-2013, 08:57 AM
This is several years running I've been rejected, but this year it didn't matter. Broke my ankle trying to be 20 again in August and couldn't go anyway. Someday I'll win, but I probably will die the day after. Just my luck.

Use a wheelchair,man! Excuses Excuses!

swaisuc
09-17-2013, 09:11 AM
don't forget gang! Its open

redsfan30
09-17-2013, 09:16 AM
Seems like there are a lot of seats still available.

Wouldn't shock me if there are some seats made available for purchase to the general public.

kbrake
09-17-2013, 09:17 AM
I got tickets for the WC game and the first home game of the NLDS. I also thought it seemed like there were a decent amount available.

redsfan30
09-17-2013, 09:20 AM
I bought for the Wild Card game but decided against Home Game 1 in the NLDS. I figured I could get them cheaper on Stubhub.

Best available for 2 seats for the Wild Card game was section 418. That's pretty good for best available. Just judging from that, they are going to have a lot of work to do to sell these games out.

kbrake
09-17-2013, 09:36 AM
I got sec. 109 for the WC game and sec. 136 for NLDS Gm 1. I thought about opting for Stubhub for the NLDS but if the Reds are the road team the first home game would be Game 3 and I was afraid it would fall on a Sunday and be a high demand ticket.

swaisuc
09-17-2013, 09:39 AM
I'm in for WC game and 1st 2 NLDS games. That game 3 would require us passing the Cards, Pirates, Dodgers ALL and then going 5 with LAD. It's possible, but I'll figure that out if it comes up and I figure tons will do the same.

Reds Freak
09-17-2013, 09:41 AM
I bought for the Wild Card game but decided against Home Game 1 in the NLDS. I figured I could get them cheaper on Stubhub.

Best available for 2 seats for the Wild Card game was section 418. That's pretty good for best available. Just judging from that, they are going to have a lot of work to do to sell these games out.

I think they'll sell out fine. There are a lot of unknowns right now and I think people are waiting to see how it all shakes out. This time last year, we pretty much knew the Reds had home field advantage the first series.

swaisuc
09-17-2013, 09:45 AM
I think they'll sell out fine. There are a lot of unknowns right now and I think people are waiting to see how it all shakes out. This time last year, we pretty much knew the Reds had home field advantage the first series.

Plus we probably have a Sunday home game and a decent shot at that being Sunday night.

OesterPoster
09-17-2013, 09:47 AM
A lot of people got burned last year by buying tickets to multiple NLDS games (myself included), and then had to eat a heavy portion of the ticket costs. Thank MLB for not announcing game times until less than 24 hours before a start time. I remember watching Stubhub on the drive home from Game 3, and I couldn't believe how cheap everything was. I'm not getting burned again, and I bet there are thousands of fans swearing the same thing this year.

swaisuc
09-17-2013, 09:52 AM
Help refresh my memory, the game everyone is talking about was game3 on a Tuesday afternoon, right?

HeatherC1212
09-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks to the generosity of a wonderful poster here at Redszone (who I won't embarrass or single out by posting their name...they know who they are ;)) who gave me the online code that he wasn't able to use, I now have tickets to the WC game and the first two home games of the NLDS. Ecstatic doesn't even begin to describe how relieved and happy I am right now! Thanks again!! :jump:

My record is now on the line....14-1 as of right now with at least three more home (non post season) games in my future next week. It's on!! ;)

redsfan30
09-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Help refresh my memory, the game everyone is talking about was game3 on a Tuesday afternoon, right?

Game 3 was Tuesday late afternoon.
Game 4 was Wednesday late afternoon.
Game 5 was Thursday EARLY afternoon.

Stubhub was very kind to those games, especially game 5.

KittyDuran
09-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Game 3 was Tuesday late afternoon.
Game 4 was Wednesday late afternoon.
Game 5 was Thursday EARLY afternoon.

Stubhub was very kind to those games, especially game 5.
Thanks for the memories... :p
IIRC, I didn't take vacation time for those games - just made up the time later (have 3.5 vacation days left this year).

vaticanplum
09-17-2013, 12:10 PM
I did not even get a rejection e-mail from the Reds like I usually do. I feel, like, extra-ambivalently rejected.

Girevik
09-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Dang....I never got the e-mail to sign up like I have in the past. Last few years I got rejected, but this year I got rejected before even having the chance to get rejected!

Rex Argos
09-18-2013, 04:24 PM
Just got a notice for the "second chance" ticket opportunity. Can someone explain how it works--does the ticket office allow you to select specific games, or do you just take what they give you? How much are tickets? Are any decent seats left at this point? Help!

WildcatFan
09-18-2013, 05:00 PM
Just got a notice for the "second chance" ticket opportunity. Can someone explain how it works--does the ticket office allow you to select specific games, or do you just take what they give you? How much are tickets? Are any decent seats left at this point? Help!

Just got that too. Looks like it's only for the WC game and NLDS. We'll know the seating tomorrow morning.

dsmith421
09-18-2013, 05:01 PM

Some season ticket holders, package holders, and first round winners may not have purchased the maximum number of seats, so there are a few left. I got in the second chance lottery in 2010 and was able to only get a single for the first game (in the field boxes, though) but more in Game 2 and the NLCS - which obviously never happened.

HeatherC1212
09-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Irony....I never win these lottery things but I actually won the second chance opportunity last night! Gotta love how that works, LOL :laugh: Anyway, I don't plan on using this code so if anyone still wants to buy some post season tickets, please PM me here with your email address ASAP so I can forward you the code. The ticket sales start at 9 AM today. :D

HeatherC1212
09-19-2013, 10:03 AM
FYI-Code is officially gone now. Someone requested it from me this morning just in case anyone was seeing this thread for the first time. ;)

mattfeet
09-19-2013, 11:49 AM
I will take a code if someone will not be using one. Please PM me.

redhawkfish
09-20-2013, 12:42 PM
The wild card game and division series games are on sale to the general public at

reds.com now.

redsfan30
09-20-2013, 01:21 PM
There are a lot of upper deck seats still available and looks like quite a few singles in the lower deck.

Disappointing but not unexpected.

KittyDuran
09-20-2013, 01:26 PM
There are a lot of upper deck seats still available and looks like quite a few singles in the lower deck.

Disappointing but not unexpected.People are in a wait and see mode...

dsmith421
09-20-2013, 02:28 PM

Disappointing but not unexpected.

If you can't complain about the team, complain about the fans. Either way, always be complaining.

davereds24
09-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Are both wildcard games on Monday assuming there is no playoff game to determine division winner first?

redsfan30
09-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Are both wildcard games on Monday assuming there is no playoff game to determine division winner first?

National League Wild Card game is Tuesday, American League is Wednesday.

KittyDuran
10-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Bump... only because I jumped on the link provided on the letter with my post season tickets for a refund this morning (have 7 days from the last game played to request).

This was the message (so far - its still before 9am the morning after):

Please check back in October for refund information.

:p

KittyDuran
10-02-2013, 01:22 PM
OK - the website page is up and running. Just put in for my refund.

adampad
10-02-2013, 03:19 PM
huh? You have to do something to get a refund? I thought it would just automatically go back on the credit card.

swaisuc
10-02-2013, 03:24 PM
huh? You have to do something to get a refund? I thought it would just automatically go back on the credit card.

If you're a season ticket holder, it goes toward next year's tickets unless otherwise specified.

If you're not and just bought your tickets through Ticketmaster/Reds.com it gets automatically refunded to your credit card at some point minus 1 small piece of the fees.

KittyDuran
10-02-2013, 03:32 PM
If you're a season ticket holder, it goes toward next year's tickets unless otherwise specified.

If you're not and just bought your tickets through Ticketmaster/Reds.com it gets automatically refunded to your credit card at some point minus 1 small piece of the fees.^^^^ This is correct. Sorry for the confusion!:redface:

10-02-2013, 07:23 PM

If you're not and just bought your tickets through Ticketmaster/Reds.com it gets automatically refunded to your credit card at some point minus 1 small piece of the fees.

What is the "1 small piece of the fees?" Last year here in DC, the Nationals initially communicated that no fees would be refunded for the LCS and WS tickets that became unusable with the Game 5 collapse against STL. There was a huge uproard about that and they changed the policy so that all fees were refunded so fans wouldn't be out any money. The ownership here is notoriously revenue focused, very much at the expense of fans. Big difference from the Castellinis I think.

KittyDuran
10-02-2013, 11:13 PM
My fees totaled $25 IIRC have to look at my bill.