PDA

View Full Version : So our threads can be locked for criticizing the team now?

Wonderful Monds
10-01-2013, 11:13 PM
?
http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103544

camisadelgolf
10-02-2013, 08:04 AM
I was already under the impression that a thread titled like that would be locked down. A better title would have been, "How the Reds Offense Can Improve".

A couple other notes:
" ... then trade Phillips to LA or whoever the hell cares."
You really thought that'd fly?

"Cozart needs to be replaced ASAP."
His error aside, why is it such a priority to replace one of the average players as opposed to one of the below-average players?

"Ludwick is probably done."
Okay, maybe. Got any data for that? He looked pretty good to me yesterday.

"Hanigan is old and Mesoraco isn't going to living up to his promise."
Okay, maybe. Got any data for that? Although Hanigan is 33, A.J. Pierzynski had a down year at that age, too. Do you always believe you should give up on a player after one down year in his early-to-mid 30s? If so, you will have practically given away a lot of talent.

Still, I think that's pretty harsh criticism for a team that was only outscored by the Cardinals and Rockies. And when you consider the teaming, your post came off as emotional instead of intelligent debate. Just my two cents. But keep in mind that I'm no authority on the matter.

Boss-Hog
10-02-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm not the one who closed it, but I can understand the rationale. That you started the thread when the game had several innings left is pretty weak, IMO.

Trust me, there will be plenty of time this offseason to discuss how to improve the Reds' offense, so I don't see the need to make a post like this while there's a playoff game going on.

Plus Plus
10-02-2013, 01:08 PM
I am the one who closed it, and the statements above by camisa and boss summarize my rationale pretty well.

Starting a thread with a title and opening post that was more reactionary than it was rational didn't help. I saw no way that the thread would be anything more than a flame-fest.

And, also, when I closed it I made a statement about closing it. I would have preferred to see a PM rather than a new thread.

tomnuetten
10-03-2013, 11:17 AM
your post wasnīt that bad (there are worse out there)

but the question is, why didnīt write it in one of the 219 existing "bashing threads"

of course everyone isnīt happy with the way the season ended and every user has an idea to change something (very few are doable through)

but I do not understand why every user needs to open a new thread to say his ideads instead of writing it in a already existing thread...;)