PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts

BCubb2003
10-03-2013, 01:52 PM
If you take a long enough view, we're all just specks in the universe. Broken-hearted specks arguing about Pythagoras, but specks.

Walks are the small ball of the sabremetrician.

The hardest part about replacing Dusty Baker would be choosing from the thousands of managers in the stands.

At what point in a game does a player realize he's choking, and what can be done about it?

The Reds won the division in Third Order Winning Percentage, so there's that.

So who won the soda can races?

"Trouble With The Curve" is like a reboot of "Moneyball" where the other guys win.

How many days until Pitchers and Catchers?

dubc47834
10-03-2013, 01:55 PM
If you take a long enough view, we're all just specks in the universe. Broken-hearted specks arguing about Pythagoras, but specks.

Walks are the small ball of the sabremetrician.

The hardest part about replacing Dusty Baker would be choosing from the thousands of managers in the stands.

At what point in a game does a player realizing he's choking, and what can be done about it?

The Reds won the division in Third Order Winning Percentage, so there's that.

So who won the soda can races?

"Trouble With The Curve" is like a reboot of "Moneyball" where the other guys win.

How many days until Pitchers and Catchers?

I don't know how many days until pitchers and catchers, but it is 180 days until Reds first spring training game!

Good post man!!!:beerme:

_Sir_Charles_
10-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Good post man!!!:beerme:

I agree....but does this really need to be stated at this point? It's a freaking BCubb random thoughts post. ;)

cumberlandreds
10-03-2013, 02:28 PM
I agree....but does this really need to be stated at this point? It's a freaking BCubb random thoughts post. ;)

I just automatically hit the like button. I wouldn't even have to read it to know its good stuff.

WildcatFan
10-03-2013, 02:42 PM

This deserves some kind of award.

KittyDuran
10-03-2013, 02:53 PM
I agree....but does this really need to be stated at this point? It's a freaking BCubb random thoughts post. ;)Sure, what else is there to do? :D

KittyDuran
10-03-2013, 02:55 PM
The hardest part about replacing Dusty Baker would be choosing from the thousands of managers in the stands.Had to read this to people in my office (only because I laughed out loud...). :laugh:

RedFanAlways1966
10-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Had to read this to people in my office (only because I laughed out loud...). :laugh:

Yep. Absolute gold with that one! :lol:

Rock of Truth
10-03-2013, 03:20 PM

That is probably the best idea ever. Hold a Raffle. Manager for a Day. You get to pick the line up and make changes in game. You get wrist bands and toothpicks and bubble gum. Obviously you cannot do something crazy like pitch Latos on back to back nights, or hit Joey in the 2 hole, but you get the idea.

_Sir_Charles_
10-03-2013, 03:24 PM
That is probably the best idea ever. Hold a Raffle. Manager for a Day. You get to pick the line up and make changes in game. You get wrist bands and toothpicks and bubble gum. Obviously you cannot do something crazy like pitch Latos on back to back nights, or hit Joey in the 2 hole, but you get the idea.

I get pitching Latos on back to back nights as being crazy....a bit lost on the Votto hitting 2nd one though. I'm hoping my sarcasm meter is on the fritz.

Rock of Truth
10-03-2013, 03:42 PM
I get pitching Latos on back to back nights as being crazy....a bit lost on the Votto hitting 2nd one though. I'm hoping my sarcasm meter is on the fritz.

_Sir_Charles_
10-03-2013, 04:15 PM
*grin* Good to know. :O)