View Full Version : 2014 Bakersfield Blaze Roster

PepperJack
04-02-2014, 09:14 PM
BakoBlaze Bakersfield Blaze 29m
Official opening day roster! pic.twitter.com/85vAc7yxCt

OF: Arias, Silva, Waldrop, Winker
IF: Perez, Vincej, Smith, Wright, Mejias-Brean, Tolisano
C: Gonzalez, Berset

Pitching staff: Cisco, Lively, Peralta, Dennhardt, Moran, Johnson, Gonzalez, Pinckard, McMyne, Lucas, Allen, Klimesh, Adelman

19braves77
04-02-2014, 09:53 PM
heard tonight at Wahoos practice that David Vidal is being converted to a catcher and will start out with Billings

JayBruceFan
04-02-2014, 09:58 PM
Why the obsession with trying to covert everyone to catcher?

04-02-2014, 10:19 PM
Why the obsession with trying to covert everyone to catcher?

Corky Miller has played in the majors. That's why.

JayBruceFan
04-02-2014, 11:03 PM
Good point

Kc61
04-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Wonder why Ervin isn't beginning in Bakersfield. Do they have any doubt he can handle it?

mth123
04-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Wonder why Ervin isn't beginning in Bakersfield. Do they have any doubt he can handle it?

Journeyman in AAA have the system clogged. Forced Lutz to AA and guys like Waldrop and Silva to repeat A+. Don't understand the need for guys like Mike Wilson, Jason Bourgeois or even continued foolery with a guy like Josh Fellhauer. Gotta figure some cuts and promotions by end of May.

MikeS21
04-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Mind went blank. Would someone refresh my memory as to who "Adelman" is? He's listed as a pitcher.

camisadelgolf
04-03-2014, 11:16 AM
Mind went blank. Would someone refresh my memory as to who "Adelman" is? He's listed as a pitcher.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=adlema001tim
edit:
He was signed by the Reds last October.

MikeS21
04-03-2014, 11:43 AM
http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=adlema001tim
edit:
He was signed by the Reds last October.
Thanks! I do seem to faintly recall that. (Last October seems a lifetime ago! lol!)

Benihana
04-03-2014, 06:56 PM
I would've thought Lively and Lorenzen could switch teams. Also where is Jackson Stephens? Dan Langfield? Jacob Constante?

dougdirt
04-04-2014, 01:53 AM
I would've thought Lively and Lorenzen could switch teams. Also where is Jackson Stephens? Dan Langfield? Jacob Constante?

Stephens got injured near the end of ST. He should be ok, but he is going to need some time before he is ready. I imagine Langfield isn't 100% yet after surgery last year and Constante is probably waiting until AZL or Billings gets started.

Benihana
04-04-2014, 02:22 PM
Stephens got injured near the end of ST. He should be ok, but he is going to need some time before he is ready. I imagine Langfield isn't 100% yet after surgery last year and Constante is probably waiting until AZL or Billings gets started.

Having just turned 20 I guess Constante to Billings would make sense. Any ETA and destination thoughts for Stephens and Langfield?

Has anyone heard anything about Mason Felt and if he's planning on making a comeback?

Finally, where is Gabe Rosa?

mth123
04-04-2014, 04:44 PM
Your stupidity is baffling. You clearly don't understand the depth of this ball club. Foolery? You're a fool that you even have the audacity to come on a public forum to bash hard working athletes. If I had to guess, you're a washed up nobody.

The Reds have 10 OF on the 40 man roster. Don't really need late 20s guys getting PAs in the high minors. Lutz, Y-Rod and Lamarre should be the AAA guys and Duran, Silva and Waldrip should probably be at AA. They should all make way for Winker and Ervin by June. Guys like Wilson, Fellhauer, Perez and the like are fine to fill holes, but with that many guys on the 40 man, get the PAs to the prospects or roster guys.

HokieRed
04-05-2014, 06:10 PM
I couldn't agree more. I just don't see why Louisville is being clogged, year after year, with guys who have very little chance to have any kind of major league careers. I think it has been possible in previous years--and is perhaps just marginally possible still--to argue that there's been a gap in the Reds system and a lack of guys ready to go to AAA. But that is changing fast and I hope we see some action on this before this season is over. Otherwise, I'd see it as one more reason to get un-enamored with WJ.

dougdirt
04-06-2014, 12:16 AM
I couldn't agree more. I just don't see why Louisville is being clogged, year after year, with guys who have very little chance to have any kind of major league careers. I think it has been possible in previous years--and is perhaps just marginally possible still--to argue that there's been a gap in the Reds system and a lack of guys ready to go to AAA. But that is changing fast and I hope we see some action on this before this season is over. Otherwise, I'd see it as one more reason to get un-enamored with WJ.

From what I have heard, the Reds (re: Jocketty) want "veteran types" ready in Triple-A to fill in for the big league club if needed. That is why you see such a log jam with very few actual prospects there. He seems he would rather have a guy he can count on to be a true back up than not have that possibility and be forced to rely on say, Donald Lutz in 2013 who simply didn't bring much to the roster because he wasn't ready at all for the role, but was forced into it. I can see both sides to that coin.

RED VAN HOT
04-07-2014, 06:14 PM
Ben klimesh did not get much attention in RZ's prospect voting. I had overlooked him because his ERA and H/9 were not impressive. On further review, his K rates have always been good dating back to college. At the draft time in 2012 he was considered a sleeper by Sickels with a FB that ranged between 90-95 (a large range, I might add).
He is off to a good start this year and has been used to close. Can anyone who has seen him recently provide an update on his stuff and potential?