PDA

View Full Version : Votto to DL/ Bruce Activated

Nowhere Man
05-21-2014, 03:33 PM
Didn't see this posted, but Votto has been placed on the DL, retroactive to May 16. Bruce has been activated.

Hopefully, Bruce will be a spark!

jordan_tm
05-21-2014, 03:43 PM
So, the Reds play a man short for a week before putting Votto on the DL. Jocketty really makes me scratch my head sometimes.

Anyone else afraid that Votto's injury is more serious than the Reds are letting on? First Votto said it was his knee that was hurting him again, then the Reds do the MRI and it's a strained muscle in his upper leg. I have played sports my entire life; strained muscles are as common as anything and 99% of the time, you play through them.

Same goes for Ludwick who hasn't played for a few games now because his leg is sore. These 'injuries' just seem to be a little soft to me.

NC-Red
05-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Bruce wasnt doing anything spectacular before so not like it's going to help much

Nowhere Man
05-21-2014, 04:45 PM
At this point, I'll take anything that gives us some depth, and actually having 25 players available is a step in the right direction. Plus, Bruce is still better than the players we've had filling in for him. He may be streaky, but I'd take him over Schumaker or Heisey any day.

CoachBombay
05-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Bruce wasnt doing anything spectacular before so not like it's going to help much

More than Bernadina, Ludwick and Heisey. Anything that gets those 3 out of the lineup is a plus. Especially a Silver Slugger

Kai Slater
05-21-2014, 05:48 PM
Great news! Hopefully Jay can reset and get some big hits for us. We desperately need an offensive spark.