PDA

View Full Version : Jocketty says one thing, then another, regarding trade targets

Dustin
08-01-2014, 11:09 AM
After the game last night on Reds Live, Jocketty said to Jim Day, paraphrasing here: "One of the guys we were close on ended up being a part of a much larger deal that we just couldn't be in on." I remember this vividly because it got me thinking whether it might have been Lester/Gomes/Cespedes trade being that I could see the Reds going after either Gomes or Cespedes to plug into left, especially considering the rumors of dangling Ludwick. Or Bonifacio since he became part of a package deal and we were rumored to have interest there as well.

This morning I read the quotes from the reporters who spoke with him at the press conference and he says that "none of the guys we were in on were involved in any trades."

What gives? Anyone else watching Reds Live catch that part? If so, and Jocketty is just backtracking during the presser, who do you think it might have been?

Banshee
08-01-2014, 10:25 PM
I thought immediately that it might've been Russell/Bonafacio but intradivision trades are obviously tough for both sides, despite the Marshall trade a couple years ago.