PDA

View Full Version : Price

ScotlandRed
08-15-2014, 05:38 PM
I know I'm only a new member but it is very frustrating I cannot post on the actualy game thread posts on RZ. The Team for the Rox game 15/08/2014 is truly horrible. I have no idea why needs to sit Frazier and why cant Cueto just pitch to Mes and have Pena at 1st?

A line up of:

Hamilton
Bruce
Frazier
Mesoraco
Ludwick
Pena
Negron
Cozart
Cueto

Looks a lot stronger that the one we have tonight. I know this season is probably over but throwing rubbing out there for the sake of it isn't going to help anyone!

RedlegJake
08-16-2014, 11:06 AM
Frazier has a tweaked muscle. Mes got into the game. The Reds won. I mentioned how bad the lineup was but I don't blame Price. You can't load up .45 ammo if all you got is BBs. With this roster right now the Reds pitching has to hold opponents under 4 runs or less or they are going to lose. 0-26 or something like that when the opponent scores 5 runs. What is amazing is a/ losing every single game where 5 runs are scored on them...and b/how few games opponents have actually scored 5 runs on this staff.

RedFanT
08-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Well, even with that lineup, 2-3 of those spots are basically AAA players (talent-wise). There's not much Price can do. They need more than a healthy Frazier every game. Losing Votto, Phillips, Mesoraco, and Bruce to injury (with the first two still out) really hurt this offense. Never mind the loss of three of our starters to injury for any length (Latos, Cingrani, and now Homer). Considering all of those injuries, frankly, I'm surprised this team is .500 at this point. It's been a frustrating season, no doubt.

And as a newer RZ member, I feel you on not being able to post on the game threads. I've been a fan of this team for almost 40 years, nearly my entire life's memory, but those are the rules, I suppose. I wish I had discovered this place sooner.