PDA

View Full Version : When is Price held accountable?

ntmntm45036
08-20-2014, 09:13 PM
Price decides who pitches, when they pitch, who starts, where they play, where they bat.

He moves folks around, far more than necessary. He does not allow a player to get settled into a spot. He does not allow the players to get settled in with each other.

He does not react quickly when a pitcher is off. He pulls pitchers early when they are still on.

So, what I am asking is this - when does Price start taking responsibility for his decisions?

I think he has been directly responsible for about half of the Reds loses, especially this last month.

Big Red Smokey
08-20-2014, 10:02 PM
He doesn't make the roster.

In regards to Point 3, He left Simon in 2 batters too long last night, and there's nothing he can do about it.

Bullpen is a disaster

Banshee
08-20-2014, 10:27 PM
I'd guess that he gets all of next yr. With all of the injuries, he probably gets a mulligan for this season, warts and all. If they tank next season w/ a regular health year, the gate will probably diminish, as well as the viewership on FSOhio. That will get the attention of B. Castellini I'd bet more than anything else. The reds are counting on a big bounce in TV monies and need attendance and ratings to be high, not to even mention the AS Game being in town.

RedFanT
08-20-2014, 11:04 PM
My cringing at the sight of him putting in J.J. Hoover aside, I cannot blame most of this on Price. The team is simply banged up. Over a third of the roster has gone down to injury (including four starters and three rotation pitchers). What upsets me isn't Price, it's the front office's weak stockpiling of our bench and weak minor league replacements in AAA, but even there the manager is hardly to blame.

Fargo Red
08-21-2014, 10:41 PM
Price was dealt an unwinnable hand, post all star break. The team was on fire, pulled right up to the leaders, then Votto and BP go down. The break cooled off every hot bat, the pitchers flattened out and the team leaders were relegated to cheer leader status. I have to say, that Louisville roster is disturbingly bleak. See you next year!

RedsBrick
08-22-2014, 01:15 PM
To the OP, just curious what "holding him accountable" looks like.

Larkin88
08-26-2014, 09:59 AM
When he has a full deck to play with, for starters.

RedlegJake
08-27-2014, 08:52 AM
A first year manager with an injury riddled roster and no help from the FO to fill holes? For me, he is accountable to learn from this season, and get better as a manager, and be ready to go with a full, healthy squad next spring.

DaytonRed
09-03-2014, 01:29 PM
I place way more blame on Walt than I do Price.