PDA

View Full Version : One of a kind Reds vintage 70's photos...help?

drjoeshmoe
03-08-2015, 01:26 PM
Maybe someone could point me in the right direction?

I just came into some vintage 1970's photos which I believe to be one of a kind photos from someone connected/employed by the Cincinnati Reds.

I will not yet display them here because I don't want them copied.
They are 10" X 6 1/2" in size, I have (4) of them,
Each one has a typed description of the context.

Here is what each one shows:
"Tom Seaver and other Reds Players visit the Sapporo Beer Brewery in Hokkaido."

"Shiro Hara, Vice-President of the Yomiuri Shimbun, Receives a Memento from U.S. Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn, while Toru Shoriki, at right, owner of the Tokyo Yomiuri Giants, looks on."

"Turu Shoriki, owner of the Tokyo Yomiuri Giants, speaks at the welcome reception for the Cincinnati Reds."

"From left to right: Sadauaru Oh, Tom Seaver, Giants manager Shigeo Nagashima, and Reds Manager Sparky Anderson talking at the welcome party."

I am just not sure just how desirable these photos would be to collectors, they are all in excellent condition as they have been stored under protective plastic.

Anymore info into what I have here would be appreciated....

RedTeamGo!
03-08-2015, 04:19 PM
I have no info but that sounds really cool.

drjoeshmoe
03-08-2015, 04:40 PM
I have no info but that sounds really cool.

I agree....they look like professional photos.
After a little research I see that Tom Seaver was born/grew up in Fresno, CA....about 2 hours north of me....so I could assume these photos had some connection to his family?....or just a coincidence..
My town and Fresno are pretty well connected due to the agriculture production.

dougdirt
03-08-2015, 05:44 PM
First off, I'd remove them from the plastic if possible. Older "protective" plastic sleeves actually aren't good for photos. Go buy new ones, they aren't expensive and it's worth it if you want to preserve the photos. Maybe the ones they are in are new enough that they won't cause problems, but I'm not sure I'd chance it if I wanted to keep them or sell them in the future.

As for a value on them, it's a really tough question. Who took them could play a big role in the value.

drjoeshmoe
03-08-2015, 06:05 PM
First off, I'd remove them from the plastic if possible. Older "protective" plastic sleeves actually aren't good for photos. Go buy new ones, they aren't expensive and it's worth it if you want to preserve the photos. Maybe the ones they are in are new enough that they won't cause problems, but I'm not sure I'd chance it if I wanted to keep them or sell them in the future.

As for a value on them, it's a really tough question. Who took them could play a big role in the value.

Thanks,
As of right now the photos look to be in very good condition, the paper is high quality.

Basically I have been known to buy and resell outside of my real job. I stumbled upon these today.
I did list one for sale just to see how interested buyers are.

I attempted to add a picture of one of my photos to this thread (with part blocked off), I seem to be having trouble uploading...maybe because I am a new register?

I am not sure if links are aloud with things for sale..but if you want to see the photos just plug this item number into ebay.