PDA

View Full Version : Do this Trade?

Ravenlord
05-15-2003, 03:11 AM
i'm being offered Kearns for Aaron Boone. my team looks like this right now: (parenthetical positions are my other options).

C Damian Miller
1B Randall Simon
2B Luis Castillo
3B(SS, 2B) Aaron Boone
SS Jose Hernandez
OF Tim Salmon
OF Moises Alou
OF Steve Finley
Util (OF)Hideki Matsui
(OF, 1B) Adam Dunn
(3B) Vinny Castilla
(OF)Rondell White
DL (OF)Jermaine Dye

Runs, Home Runs, RBI, Stolen Bases, and Batting Average are what's counted in this league.

Johnny Footstool
05-15-2003, 12:06 PM
If you trade away Boone, you'll be forced to start Vinny "Butterball" Castilla at 3B, and that's a HUGE dropoff in all categories. Kearns is good, but he's not going to improve your team as much as Castilla would hurt you. Plus Boone steals more bases than Kearns.

I would decline that trade.

cincinnati chili
05-15-2003, 08:47 PM
I think that depends on what 3b are available on the waiver wire. But if Castilla is the best you can do to replace Boone, then I probably agree.

Ravenlord
05-15-2003, 09:58 PM
other availble 3B:

Hinske
Ventura
Spiezio
Alfonzo
Bellhorn
Beltre
Bell
Relaford
Polanco
Zeile

cincinnati chili
05-16-2003, 01:51 AM
If it were me, I think Alfonzo will outplay Rondell White the rest of the year (despite his poor start), and I certainly believe Kearns will outplay Boone. So I'd consider trading or cutting Rondell, then accepting the trade.

Johnny Footstool
05-19-2003, 01:22 AM
You could also dump Hernandez, pick up Alfonzo, and move Boone to SS.

Who are the available OF's in your league?

cincinnati chili
05-19-2003, 10:17 AM
I would be patient with Hernandez. I have a feeling he'll hit 30 homers and bat .280 by the time it's all over. He's going to take advantage of the Coors factor.

Ravenlord
05-20-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Footstool
Who are the available OF's in your league?
Tucker
Jordan
Millar
Higginson
Long
Lawton
Grissom
Relaford
Sanchez
Fick
Cedeno
Hollandsworth
Liefer
Giambi
Guillen
Vander Wal

Red Leader
05-20-2003, 11:11 AM
Ravenlord, as soon as the Braves series vs. CIN is over, I'd dump Vinny Castilla and pick up Alfonzo. I'd then play Alfonzo at 3B and Boone at SS, whenever Hernandez is not playing at home. I would play Dunn at 1B ahead of Simon. Hinske should be on someone's roster...he just today said that he is swinging pain free for the first time all year. To me that equates to a possible prolonged hot streak, and with as well as Toronto is scoring runs this year, that will mean a boost to all of his numbers.

Johnny Footstool
05-20-2003, 12:01 PM
Those available outfielders are pretty lame.

I agree with what Red Leader said. Keep Boone, dump Castilla, and pick up Alfonzo. When the Rockies are at home, start Boone at 3B and Hernandez at SS. When the Rockies are on the road, move Boone to SS and start Alfonzo at 3B.

Hinske is going through the sophomore jinx. I'd avoid him until he actually starts a hot streak.

Ravenlord
05-20-2003, 06:05 PM
i do start Dunn ahead of Simon when i'm against teams that have more power than me. otherwise, it hurts me when Dunn is in the lineup due to what is counted in this league.