PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Lewis

WVRed
10-14-2004, 07:00 PM
Ok, Im in a fantasy football keeper league, and im putting Lewis up for trade just to see what kind of value I can net in a return. My team is currently in second place and im facing the first place team this week(who is without Peyton, Marvin, and Edge).

Heres my team and the trade-

QB-Donovan McNabb
RB-Jamal Lewis
RB-Thomas Jones
WR-Chad Johnson
WR-Darrell Jackson
WR-Michael Clayton
WR-Lavernaeus Coles
TE-Alge Crumpler
BN-Marc Bulger
BN-Reggie Williams
BN-Bryant Johnson
BN-Mewelde Moore

K-Jay Feeley

D-Jay Bellamy
D-Junior Seau
D-Shawn Barber
DL-Andra Davis
DL-London Fletcher
DL-Brian Simmons
DB-Michael Lewis
DB-Dwight Smith
DB-Mike Minter
BN-Napoleon Harris
BN-Robert Thomas
BN-DeWayne Washington

Somebody proposed me an offer of Bryant Johnson and Jamal Lewis for Koren Robinson, Peter Warrick, and Michael Bennett. Im not generally inclined to move Lewis, but if I can get a productive RB and some other parts, should I do it?

Chip R
10-14-2004, 08:16 PM
I wouldn't do that trade. Why get rid of Lewis because he's going to miss 2 weeks? Look at it like this: When a lot of the other backs are wearing down at the end of the season, he's going to be more fresh. Warrick's hurt and no one seems to know when he's coming back. Even if he does come back his real value is as a punt returner. Any TDs he gets is taking away from Chad Johnson. I have Koren Robinson on my team and I'm not impressed at all. You lose Lewis and you really have no big time RBs. Later in the season when the weather gets bad, those RBs are going to be more valuable.

medford
10-15-2004, 08:31 AM
WVRed,

Question is, how many players do you get to keep? You've probably got 4 guys that you'd think about keeping, depending on how your league works, McNabb, Lewis, Johnson & Jackson. If you're gonna trade Lewis, then you've got to get another guy of this ilk back. I'm not sure any of the 3 you mentioned fit into this mold. Warrick may essentially be done for his career (I'd be trying to drop him off to some unsuspecting bengals fan if I was that guy) Bennett has been hurt all year & could have been passed up by Smith (Bennett should only have a game or 2 under his belt when Smith gets back) and Robinson doesn't seem to have the stuff to develop into a top 10 type WR.

I think they only trade you make is where you can get another Lewis caliber running back, perhaps someone like a clinton Portis, who's owner may be a bit disenfranchized w/ due to his slow start in Washington, & another RB to solidify that spot. I'm not sure you're going to be able to pull off that trade, and w/ as deep as your league may be ( you have a ton of bench spots) you probably won't be able to pull anything off until Lewis comes from suspension. But it never hurts to try

WVRed
10-15-2004, 01:07 PM
My plan was to gauge league interest and see what he would bring back.

I received another(what I consider worse offer) in Madieu Williams, Kenny Lewis, and Tyrone Calico(OFTS) for Lewis. Im going to reject it.

If somebody can offer me a steady back, and a WR or some defensive help, ill consider it, but ive really received nothing that interests me.

WVRed
10-19-2004, 09:45 AM
I finally got an offer to suit me, and I took it.

Jamal Lewis and Andra Davis for Byron Leftwich, Rudi Johnson, and Isaac Bruce.

I traded Marc Bulger earlier for Peter Warrick just so I could get rid of him, so Byron takes the backup role to McNabb. Rudi replaces Jamal fairly easily, with Mewelde Moore as the backup. Bruce will replace Coles on bye this week and probably for the rest of the season if Coles doesnt snap out of it.

medford
10-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Well that seems like a fair trade. How many keepers do you get? Leftwich could be a long term keeper (though probably not w/ McNabb on your team), so he may be good trade bait at the end of the year. I question what will become of Rudi. He'll probably never be a top level RB talent. Heck he may not even be a bengal next year.

W/ Hasselback & Walter Jones hitting free agency this offseason, the Seahawks may just leave Alexander unprotected (heck its the move I'd make if you had to choose 1 of the 3) Hopefully a return home will be in the cards.

WVRed
10-20-2004, 12:44 PM
There is a fight between 15-20 keepers. Im hoping its 15 for parity sake.

Chris Perry is available in FA, and im just waiting for an opportunity to cut or trade Mewelde Moore so I can jump on him. Perry wouldnt carry much value this year, but if Rudi leaves the Bengals and becomes the starter on another team, then I might be onto something with three starting RBs before the draft.

But on a non fantasy issue, I would love to see Shaun Alexander a Bengal:). Whether it happens or not, I doubt it.

medford
10-20-2004, 11:17 PM
I agree its a long shot at best. If I was seattle I'd talking to one of them now & try to get somebody signed b/f the offseason that you could franchise one guy & transition the other. Of course, I don't know if they have the cap room to do all 3.

At any rate, theres a decent possiblity that some top notch talent, right in their prime will hit the open market this offseason.

WVRed
11-19-2004, 07:38 AM
Just got a trade offer im heavily considering.

Daunte Culpepper, David Thornton, and Chris Chambers for Donovan McNabb and Michael Clayton.

I feel like Culpepper is an upgrade over McNabb, but is Thornton and Chambers for Clayton worth it?