PDA

View Full Version : Your Official 2004 Election Day Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

DunnersGrl44
11-03-2004, 01:34 PM
Sorry. Have no patience for rednecks. Boot me if you must.

umm... yeah i'm a BIG redneck. Don't be mad cause you voted for a loser. I'm a winner.... and i'm too happy right now to get upset about what you say.

M2
11-03-2004, 01:37 PM
I agree with a handful of your points, but I wholeheartedly disagree with this. The Democratic party needs to find a way to push these people to the margins.

I think you've pigeon-holed that bloc. White, working-class southern males that I met back in the day when I lived in a southern state weren't terribly conservative. They cared a lot about guns, but I sincerely doubt other social issues mattered all that much to them. What made them a voting bloc was a belief that if they didn't stick together, they stood to get pushed to the back of the line. The Republicans send the "we're with you" message loud and clear, so that's how they vote. They're fearful bunch.

But they'll respond to a brand of politics which promises to leave them alone and they've got a healthy fear of living on the fringes of corporate America. I'm not talking about one-note Bible-thumpers here. I'm talking about a group that's got a range of concerns the Republicans don't particularly address even though they vote Republican.

Bob Borkowski
11-03-2004, 01:38 PM
This from Zogby regarding their pre-election polls"

"“We feel strongly that our pre-election polls were accurate on virtually every state. Our predictions on many of the key battleground states like Ohio and Florida were within the margin of error. I thought we captured a trend, but apparently that result didn’t materialize.

“We always saw a close race, and a close race is what we’ve got. I’ve called this the Armageddon Election for some time—a closely-divided electorate with high partisan intensity on each side."

Zogby predicted a 311-213 electoral vote win for Kerry, right? And he (Zogby) was the one that lots of people on here were counting on to be accurate. :eek:

Chip R
11-03-2004, 01:40 PM
If you say so. Come back in a couple of days.

paulrichjr
11-03-2004, 01:42 PM
"He was right about trying to appeal to the guy with the confederate flag sticker on his pickup."

I agree with a handful of your points, but I wholeheartedly disagree with this. The Democratic party needs to find a way to push these people to the margins in the way that the small government moderate conservative (I agree with this point particularly--and I have sympathy for their position) has recently been pushed to the margins. There needs to be an ense rescindendum on these people; they're a cancer that needs to be cut out, not courted. The Dems need to sell anger better; they need to control the social dialogue.

Honestly, the Repubs don't have "big ideas." They simply recycle the old "fear and hate" mantras they've been spouting since Nixon. Don't get me wrong, these things work, but they're clearly not "big ideas."

Big Ideas???
* Yea like gun control will really keep down crime. (Everyone in my area has multiple guns and we have very little problems with crime. That doesn't make any sense... More guns...less crime... How can this be?)
* Socialized medicine is free and better than what we have.
* War is almost always the wrong thing to do even if long-term staying still can damage the entire country. In fact the military is the best way to balance the budget. Keep cutting it until you balance the budget... (Clinton did this)
* More taxes are good. Never mind that Kerry's wife wouldn't release her records because many people believe that she was taking advantage of numerous loopholes that wouldn't be closed by any of the Kerry proposals. Somehow taxing the semi-successful people more who often own small companies and create jobs is better than letting them be rewarded for their risk and hard work.
* Judges who make no law and are only supposed to interpet the laws on the books should be appointed that will instead legislate from the bench and create laws that don't exist.

Big ideas? Yea I agree these are big ideas but this country doesn't want them and frankly if people really want this then maybe they should look at moving to France. They don't work there and I along with many many other Americans don't think that they will work here....

WVRed
11-03-2004, 01:44 PM

You really make gloating enjoyable.;)

smith288
11-03-2004, 01:44 PM
LOL

smith288
11-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Kerry giving his concession speech.

One speech by him I WILL watch! :)

DunnersGrl44
11-03-2004, 01:49 PM
Kerry giving his concession speech.

One speech by him I WILL watch! :)

Same here.
:)

traderumor
11-03-2004, 01:59 PM
I'm not sure if this has already been said, but I do not think that making Kerry sound somehow noble for "not dragging this thing out" and "not taking our country through this again" is a bit much, as the media keeps on saying.

Ah, John Edwards, guess he only has one thing to say "every vote counts" :rolleyes:

RBA
11-03-2004, 02:00 PM
umm... yeah i'm a BIG redneck. Don't be mad cause you voted for a loser. I'm a winner.... and i'm too happy right now to get upset about what you say.

FCB is right. You are a hateful person.

Bye, Board.

smith288
11-03-2004, 02:02 PM

Bye, Board.
Dont leave us on the account of the political defeat. The Reds always have next year!

DunnersGrl44
11-03-2004, 02:03 PM

Bye, Board.

WHY am I the hateful person. I am happy that Bush won. I don't like Kerry, and all you Kerry fans would feel the same way I did if Kerry had won, but he didn't, and you all need to get over it. I am not a hateful person. And even if Kerry had won, I would not be calling any of you "hateful" for being happy that he won. But i guess that is just the common sense in me.

RosieRed
11-03-2004, 02:05 PM
I love America. They stood up and supported moral and ethical values. At the end of the day it's not about foreign policy or anything else, it's about morals.

I guess I'm immoral and unethical then. Good to know.

Regardless, I just wanted to pop in here and say congratulations to Bush. I didn't vote for him, but I do wish him the best of luck over the next four years.

traderumor
11-03-2004, 02:08 PM
I'm not sure why the mods are letting another poster be called hateful when that clearly wasn't the case :confused:

smith288
11-03-2004, 02:11 PM

Regardless, I just wanted to pop in here and say congratulations to Bush. I didn't vote for him, but I do wish him the best of luck over the next four years.
Very classy Rosie. Thank you for that in a thread somewhat heated due to the conflicting emotions.

Reds4Life
11-03-2004, 02:14 PM

That's wonderful coming from a "moderator". :rolleyes:

RosieRed
11-03-2004, 02:16 PM
Very classy Rosie. Thank you for that in a thread somewhat heated due to the conflicting emotions.

Oh, don't worry, I have heated emotions too! :MandJ:

But, I live in this country, and I want to at least try and show some support for our president, even if he isn't the man I personally would have chosen.

RBA
11-03-2004, 02:18 PM
That's wonderful coming from a "moderator". :rolleyes:

As soon as GIK and Boss, get to it, I will no longer be a moderator.

Thank you very much.

I call them as I see them.

TeamCasey
11-03-2004, 02:19 PM
Oh, don't worry, I have heated emotions too! :MandJ:

But, I live in this country, and I want to at least try and show some support for our president, even if he isn't the man I personally would have chosen.

I'll ditto Rosie ........ but tomorrow, O.K.? ;)

letsgojunior
11-03-2004, 02:21 PM
This is just sad :(

Reds4Life
11-03-2004, 02:21 PM

And it appears those who don't see things as you do are "hateful" people. Please. :rolleyes:

WVRed
11-03-2004, 02:22 PM
Man, anybody up for some Haterade? :thumbdown

OldXOhio
11-03-2004, 02:23 PM

on a message board no less....you're a true rebel.

RBA
11-03-2004, 02:24 PM
WHY am I the hateful person. I am happy that Bush won. I don't like Kerry, and all you Kerry fans would feel the same way I did if Kerry had won, but he didn't, and you all need to get over it. I am not a hateful person. And even if Kerry had won, I would not be calling any of you "hateful" for being happy that he won. But i guess that is just the common sense in me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
Any economist worth his or her salt will tell you that Bush's policies have been a nightmare not only for the manual laborers and manufacturing workers, but also very much for skilled laborers, educated workers. The net job loss is the biggest indicator, but other elements (hiring practices, a whole host of other metrics) are contributing. People simply don't realize how badly the economy is going and how many people in the end his policies are going to effect.

But what I fear most is that the needle will be so buried after the next four years, that any Democratic philosophies brought forth by the Democratic candidate will be simply untenable. The Republicans are going to get their "unfixable system" that arranges the classes more distinctly than they've ever been in this country's history.

Yup.... And I can't wait!
BUSH RULES!

This is what you want? That's hateful speech. Or are you being sacrastic?

letsgojunior
11-03-2004, 02:26 PM
Would you all just step back for a minute and think about what you're saying? This is truly sad. We're all supposed to be adults here, instead this has degenerated into a playground fight.

Bush is president. I'm happy for those who support him and his policies, and feel sympathetic towards those who support Kerry and his policies.

This is America, so we all have the right to throw a hissy fit if we want to, but I'd rather spend my time doing something more productive.

RBA
11-03-2004, 02:27 PM

Rosie,
Lincoln should be turning over in his grave.

You are a better person than me.

WVRed
11-03-2004, 02:28 PM
Just finished watching Kerrys concession speech. I believe the guy is an American first and a Democrat second. I thought Edwards was going to announce that they were going to keep fighting when it first started.

Boss-Hog
11-03-2004, 02:29 PM
Regardless of whether Red Blooded American steps down as moderator or not (after his comments here, I would definitely say he at least needs to from THIS forum), it's not going to give him a free pass to dole out the insults I've seen within the past hour. We will be dealing with the people who were guilty of breaking the board's rules appropriately - and immediately. Let that be the one and only warning that this sort of thing will absolutely not be tolerated.

Reds4Life
11-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Just finished watching Kerrys concession speech. I believe the guy is an American first and a Democrat second. I thought Edwards was going to announce that they were going to keep fighting when it first started.

I agree. I'm not a Kerry supporter, but his consession speech was excellent. Very heart felt, and he bowed out with dignity. Kudos.

OldXOhio
11-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Why is it we always see a softer, more personable, more likeable candidate after they've lost?

TeamCasey
11-03-2004, 02:31 PM
LGJ, you're right. Things will settle down in a day or two.

I can't escape these conversations around work today either.

WVRed
11-03-2004, 02:31 PM
Why is it we always see a softer, more personable, more likeable candidate after they've lost?

Because they arent putting on a show for the public, and this is speaking of both parties.

traderumor
11-03-2004, 02:33 PM
Why is it we always see a softer, more personable, more likeable candidate after they've lost?Perhaps they let their guard down for a minute and forget about the political implications of every word they say after all is said and done.

GIK
11-03-2004, 02:34 PM
This thread has run its course. Just as America is divided, so is RedsZone. For better or worse...

PS: I have no problem with new threads popping up re: the election or the future of America, etc, etc...but let's try and keep it civil.

Republicans: preserve your class and don't rub other's noses in it

Dems: it's over, let the victors have their day

Everyone: remember we're all in this together

OldXOhio
11-03-2004, 02:34 PM
Because they arent putting on a show for the public, and this is speaking of both parties.

yep, see Bob Dole