Red Leader
11-16-2004, 01:05 PM
Here is my team:

QB: T. Green
RB: D.McAllister, W.McGahee, M. Pittman, T. Wheatley, T. Henry
WR: H.Ward, J.Smith, R.Gardner, A.Boldin, D. Branch
TE: E. Johnson
K: Vinateiri

Ok, here's the deal. One of the teams in our league said that he would trade Ladanian Tomlinson. He asked if I'd be interested in him. Of course, I am. He wants WR Hines Ward and RB Michael Pittman in return. Is this a good deal?

That would mean my starting lineup from here on out would be:

QB: Green
RB: McAllister
WR:J. Smith
RB/WR: Tomlinson
RB/WR: McGahee
RB/WR: Wheatley, Gardner, Boldin, or Branch
K: Vinatieri

Is that better than current?

QB: Green
RB: McAllister
WR: J. Smith
RB/WR: McGahee
RB/WR: Pittman
RB/WR: H. Ward
K: Vinatieri

Really need some opinions on this. Seems like Big Ben prefers Plax and Alstott will be back this week for the Bucs, so it seems like both might be on the decline, but Tomlinson is still nursing a groin injury, and my last FLEX position is a ???? with Wheatley, Boldin, Gardner, and D.Branch inconsistent.

Points breakdown:

1 pt per 25 yards passing, 6 pts for TD's thrown. -2 for INT's.

1 point per 10 yards rushing/receiving, 6 points per TD rush / rec.

-2 points for fumbles lost.

All TD's count the same whether they are from 1 foot or 110 yards.

No points per reception.

Thoughts?

Red Leader
11-16-2004, 01:21 PM
I also forgot to mention that I started the season 0-4, and have since gone 5-0-1 with a tie this past weekend. I'm now in 4th place by myself. 1st place is at 9-1, 2nd is at 8-2 and 3rd is at 6-3-1, so I'm a game behind 3rd place and have a chance to win some $ if I finish 3rd or higher. I could also win some money in the playoffs.

Chip R
11-16-2004, 01:22 PM
I'd do it. A good running back is always better than a good receiver.

Red Leader
11-16-2004, 02:35 PM
I know, I know, its LaDanian Tomlinson, you make the trade and don't ask questions, but in looking at his stats LT2 has averaged about 55 yards and 19 carries per game the last 5 weeks, although he's made it into the endzone 6 weeks straight. Basically what I'm getting at is that if LT2 doesn't make it into the endzone in ANY given week, he'll probably be worse than Pittman, not to mention Pittman AND Hines Ward.

Puffy
11-16-2004, 02:51 PM
What kind of league is it - points breakdown wise? Is a three yard TD the same as a 53 yard TD? Is it 1 point every 10 rusing/receiving yards or 1 for every 20??

Let me know this and I can be more helpful

Red Leader
11-16-2004, 02:55 PM
Moved point breakdown to the original post.

GIK
11-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Any points for receptions? If not, I'd do it.

Puffy
11-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Points breakdown:

1 pt per 25 yards passing, 6 pts for TD's thrown. -2 for INT's.

1 point per 10 yards rushing/receiving, 6 points per TD rush / rec.

-2 points for fumbles lost.

All TD's count the same whether they are from 1 foot or 110 yards.

If that is the case then make the trade. LT will get you short TD's and decent yardage and Boldin or Gardner will offset what you lose.

Red Leader
11-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Any points for receptions? If not, I'd do it.

Well, what the hell, you only live once right? I was 0-4 to start the season and thought I was out of it going into week 5. Worse case scenario I lose the next 3 games and don't make the playoffs...

Danny Serafini
11-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Take that deal and run! Tomlinson tweaked his groin, that's why the numbers dipped. If he's not totally healthy now he should be close, and he'll put up big yardage numbers plus TDs. Is this a retainer league or do you draft a whole new team each year? If it's a retainer then that's extra incentive for the trade.

Red Leader
11-16-2004, 04:00 PM
We re-draft new teams each year.

Red Leader
11-16-2004, 05:07 PM
I have accepted the trade.

LaDanian Tomlinson for Hines Ward and Michael Pittman. Now, everyone. PRAY! :pray:

WVRed
11-16-2004, 08:07 PM
You definitely got the better end of the deal IMO.

I traded Jamal Lewis in a keeper league before the Ravens went on bye. I got Rudi Johnson, Byron Leftwich, and Isaac Bruce in return. If you ever trade RB's, get a TON of value back for them because they are usually great for value.

HotCorner
11-18-2004, 05:24 PM
I dealt Tomlinson earlier this year for Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald and Duce Staley. Then I dealt Moss a week after his hammy injury and got Willis MaGahee and Reggie Wayne.

Overall ... Fitzgerald, Staley, MaGahee and Wayne for Tomlinson yet I'm 3-7.