PDA

View Full Version : Who to start - Round 1 playoffs

MWM
12-15-2004, 10:54 PM
I squeaked in and now I have dilemma.

I have Edgerrin James, Nick Goings, and Kevin Jones. I ALWAYS start James. He's done fairly well even all year even though he hasn't scored as many TDs as I would like. But he's going against Baltimore this week. Goings has been hot for 4 weeks now and he's going against Atlanta. Kevin Jones has had two straight BIG weeks, and the two weeks prior to that he had 100 yard games. He's playing against Minnesota. Jones is the no-brainer going against the Vikings. The question is do I start James against the Ravens or Goings against Atlanta?

WVRed
12-16-2004, 12:32 AM
I go with James.

The Ravens will probably be playing for pass most of the night, since Manning will be keying in on Marinos record, so I think James should have a good game. I dont see Baltimore divulging their full attention to the run.

Stewie
12-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Edge is probably a safer bet, because Baltimore's and Atlanta's run defenses are about the same (Baltimore has only allowed a couple yards less per game than Atlanta). And since Carolina has no pass game, Atlanta will probably key in on the run and try and shut Goings down.

bomarl1969
12-16-2004, 04:53 PM
James