PDA

View Full Version : CJ or TO>?

bomarl1969
01-05-2005, 10:29 AM
I have an important question...I am in a fantasy keeper league and I am debating on whether I should keep Chad Johnson or Terrel Owens. I don't see where I could wrong with either WR. Obviously favoritism comes into play with CJ but TO is just so damn good that I can't decide. What does everyone else think>?

Also who would you keep between Bret Farve and Ben Roethlisberger?

WVRed
01-05-2005, 10:35 AM
Who is your entire keepers? There should be a way to keep both TO and Chad.

Tough call on the QBs. Roethlisberger has youth on his side, but he also could turn into a Tom Brady(winning QB with no fantasy value). Favre on the other hand could retire in the next two seasons.

Stewie
01-05-2005, 10:43 AM
I don't think you could go wrong with either Johnson or Owens, but Owens has a better QB and is surrounded (as of right now) by worse receivers, so I would lean towards him.

I would also go with Roethlisberger, too, since he is younger and has room to develop. And as WVRed said, Favre will probably retire in the next couple years.

NJReds
01-05-2005, 11:59 AM
Without knowing the specifics (how many you get to keep, your scoring system, etc.)...I'd try to keep both CJ and TO at the expense of one of your QBs. There was a big dropoff this year in effective WRs, but you can usually draft a pretty good QB in the middle rounds.

CTA513
01-05-2005, 01:32 PM
I dont know anything about the keeper league your talking about, but I would say keep CJ over TO because of TOs recent injury. His injury could act up on him next year.

As far as QBs id say go with Ben.

I also want to restate that I know nothing about keeper leagues. :whack:

bomarl1969
01-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Guess I should have explained my keeper league... :doh:

We keep one player at each position, a total of 6. QB,RB,WR,TE,K,D

My biggest dilemmas are the QB and WR...even RB is a dilemma.

Duece McAllister or Curtis Martin...what do you guys think on that one...sorry to get this going in another direction...anyone's input would be appreciated.

NJReds
01-05-2005, 02:50 PM
That makes it a little more clear.

I'd keep TO over CJ

I'd keep Deuce over Curtis, only because I'm not sure how much CM has left in the tank. He's had an amazing year, but I'd expect him to take a step back next year.

Without looking at the numbers, I'd probably keep Big Ben...who knows if Farve retires?

Ravenlord
01-05-2005, 03:04 PM
TO
Deuce
Big Ben

Steve4192
01-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Also who would you keep between Bret Farve and Ben Roethlisberger?
Neither. Keep both TO & CJ instead.

If you HAVE to keep one, keep Favre. Big Ben is a great talent, but Favre is still the better fantasy QB. He may not be worth a damn in the playoffs anymore, but Favre is still a mortal lock for 3500 yards and 30 TDs in the regular season. Meanwhile, Big Ben plays for a run-first, defense oriented coach that has NEVER had a QB throw for 3500 yards or 30 TDs.

The best passing numbers put up by a QB in the Cowher era were 3414 yards (Maddox 2003) and 21 TDs (Stewart 1997). The only QB of any fantasy value during Cower's tenure was Korell way back in 1997, and that was mostly due to his rushing totals (476 yards, 11 TD). Tommy Maddox's modest success was almost entirely a product of Mike Mularky's pass happy offense, and Cower scrapped that offense this year and went back to his power-running roots.

Even at his peak, look for no more than 3500 yards and 20 TD's out of Big Ben. He'll be Cower's version of Troy Aikman, a great QB who makes big plays on third down and leads the team to victory without racking up big stats. In the real world, he will be just as valuable as Favre, but in fantasy-ball, Favre will still be the better player.

Steve4192
01-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Just saw your last post on your keeper rules.

Flip a coin on the WR, they're both great. Try to trade one for a stud at another position, and keep the other.

On the RB's, keeping Deuce is a no-brainer. C-Mart is OLD and just had his 'career' year. His TD totals were great this year (14), but that is twice his normal production since joining the Jets (44 TDs from 1998-2003). Deuce is five years younger, scores more TD/season, and should be a stud for years to come.

Ohashikto11
01-26-2005, 08:54 AM
I'd take TO, Deuce, and Favre. Next year, Favre should be the better fantasy QB. If you're planning for 2 or 3 years down the road, then go with Big Ben. I'd play to win now though.