PDA

View Full Version : 24 Season 4 Thread

savafan
01-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Even with a nearly all new cast (up to this point at least), the show hasn't seemed to lose a step. The two night, four hour season premiere really drew me in and got me hooked on a new "day" already! The best part...20 consecutive weeks to go with no interruptions!

RFS62
01-11-2005, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I think it's much better than last season, so far.

zombie-a-go-go
01-11-2005, 09:11 AM
I didn't watch on Sunday but tuned in, on the advice of others, last night... I didn't have any trouble picking up what I had missed on Sunday, and by the time it was over @10 I found myself wishing they were showing three episodes that night instead of two.

I haven't sat down to watch the television in a long time, but damn... this is good stuff.

Roy Tucker
01-11-2005, 09:48 AM
I didn't watch on Sunday but tuned in, on the advice of others, last night... I didn't have any trouble picking up what I had missed on Sunday, and by the time it was over @10 I found myself wishing they were showing three episodes that night instead of two.

I haven't sat down to watch the television in a long time, but damn... this is good stuff.
Yeah, they really jump-start the series with the first 4 hours in 2 nights and get you hooked. Then its slow torture as they dribble out the episodes over the next 20 weeks.

I liked Jack's robbery of the convenience store as a way to stall the terrorist. I told my daughters not to date mid-eastern types or you'll end up like Debbie. I still expect Chloe to go postal some day. Edgar has potential.

And we make great fun of the tech-speak they have. It's like a bunch of writers who know nothing about technology string together tech-jargon. It sounds cool, but really doesn't make much sense.

I read somewhere that "24's" creators are basically making up the story as they go along. They're about a month ahead of the show.

RANDY IN INDY
01-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Enjoyed it. Looks like I'm drawn in for another season.

LvJ
01-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Zombie, you missed two great episodes.

I thought monday was good, but not nearly as good as sunday. I'm getting annoyed with the CTU situation as it seems to be the same every year, but out in the field, it's all fantastic.

Check the sig. ;)

MWM
01-11-2005, 11:59 AM
I definitely like the story much better than last season. I'm thrilled Kim is gone, although I miss Tony Almeida.

A few comments and predictions I made in the LAST thread I'll just copy here:

24 is a show that I REALLY want to like. I liked the first season for the most part and the first half of the second season was good. Last season didn't do too much for me and I'm hoping this season is good. It's such a good concept that I'm more willing to suspend reality for it than most other shows. I think there's the understanding that you HAVE to suspend reality to watch most TV dramas, but there's a limit to what I'm willing to suspend and 24 approaches that line regularly and has passed it on several occassions.

I'll tell you this, if someone breaks into CTU and breaks a prisoner out or kills one of the prisoners, I'm turning the station and will not watch anymore.

Also, some story lines are a little too predictable. For instance, the whole Jack Bauer going against the authorities was good the first couple of times, but this whole contention thing with him and Driscoll is just not appealing to me at all. Could she really be that stubborn and hard-headed after the Secretary of Defense was kidnapped? Doesn't it seem obvious that the guy is going to lead them to the terrorists and that Jack is right? The rogue agent thing has been done already and is too predictable. For once I'd like to see them just say, "Jack, you've worked miracles in the past, do what you need to do here. You have my support" Instead it's the same thing for the 4th straight season.

Also, I have a prediction here. David Palmer was the high integrity President who always wanted to do what was right regardless of the consequences. He was portrayed as the President everyone would want because of his character and leadership. At one point, they did say that he was a Democrat. well, the President this season is the guy who was running against him last season, so I assume he's a Republican. Mark my words, he will end up being a corrupt and crooked leader only concerned with his politics. It's a cliche in Hollywood and I'd be shocked if this isn't the case for this season in 24.

Also, I'm on record right now that either/or Sara or this new Mary Ann chick is crooked. If Mary Ann isn't crooked, I have a feeling she's going to replace Kim as the character i wish would go away. If she's not somehow involved, then her whole story line of trying to manipulate her way to career advancement is just a carbon copy of the story line in Season 2 between Michelle Desler and the chic from "division" who she hated because she screwed over her brother, who came to help at CTU and they couldn't get along. That was one of the lamest story lines in the first three seasons and I hope they don't repeat it.

Steve4192
01-11-2005, 12:12 PM
If Mary Ann isn't crooked, I have a feeling she's going to replace Kim as the character i wish would go away.
My guess is she is the 'replacement' for Sherry Palmer as the token sociopathic witch. Then again, Aisha Tyler certainly does quite nicely in the 'easy on the eyes' requirement that is so crucial to the 'Kim Bauer' role.

Puffy
01-11-2005, 12:16 PM
My guess is she is the 'replacement' for Sherry Palmer as the token sociopathic witch. Then again, Aisha Tyler certainly does quite nicely in the 'easy on the eyes' requirement that is so crucial to the 'Kim Bauer' role.

I think the terrorist mother has the Sherry Palmer role. Killing your son's chick, thats some nice mother.

As for the President, I think they will show him as a stand up guy. This show has never been about politics and I don't think they will start.

MWM
01-11-2005, 12:21 PM
I hope not Puffy.

RFS62
01-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Gonna be hard to replace this one.

MWM
01-11-2005, 12:43 PM
I don't know, Aisha Tyler:

http://www.thebutterscotchthreshold.com/aisha%20tyler%2003.jpg

Steve4192
01-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Can't go wrong with either, but at least Aisha has some acting chops.

MWM
01-11-2005, 12:56 PM
It's not that I don't like this show, because I really do, but it really has the potential to be even better. What i don't get is the casting. If I could change one thing about the show, it would be the people who work at CTU. None of them are believable, IMO. Actually, the guy who took Tony's place is pretty good, but the others don't seem to fit what i would expect to see from a governmental organiztion fighting terrorism. If we really have people like Chloe and and that guy who actually helped her out in the last episode protecting us from terrorists, then we should all be scared to death. And I don't think this falls under a suspension of reality, because it would be that hard to go out and get actors that are actually believable in these types of roles. I don't understand why they've gone this route. But it's just my opinion.

RFS62
01-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Yeah, the office politics is way over the top.

Unless Creek tells us that really is how things are. :p:

Steve4192
01-11-2005, 12:58 PM
I think the terrorist mother has the Sherry Palmer role. Killing your son's chick, thats some nice mother.
I think Dina Araz is more 'zealot' than 'sociopath'. Sociopaths tend to be all about their self-interest, wheras zealots are all about their 'cause'. Dina's first concern is always the cause/mission, Sherry's first concern was always ... Sherry. I think Marianne is concerned with one thing ... Marianne.

MWM
01-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Did anyone else think Beh-rooz was going to shoot his mother last night?

He's going to do something to screw up the terrorists. Love can do that to a man (or boy). But I think he becomes key to the story soon as he's not fully behind what they're doing.

Puffy
01-11-2005, 01:01 PM
I think Dina Araz is more 'zealot' than 'sociopath'. Sociopaths tend to be all about their self-interest, wheras zealots are all about their 'cause'. Dina's first concern is always the cause/mission, Sherry's first concern was always ... Sherry. I think Marianne is concerned with one thing ... Marianne.

Yeah, but I think she will deviate from the cause, but thats just a hunch I have.

zombie-a-go-go
01-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Did anyone else think Beh-rooz was going to shoot his mother last night?

Give him a few hours. :D I'm fairly certain he's gonna sell out his folks.

savafan
01-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Tony Almeida will be back by either episode 7 or week 7 (not sure which exactly) and negotiations are continuing with Dennis Haysbert to bring back David Palmer in some role later in the season.

zombie-a-go-go
01-11-2005, 01:03 PM
I also gotta say that the Sec of Def is a complete bad :censored: after the escape stunt he pulled.

Puffy
01-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Tony Almeida will be back by either episode 7 or week 7 (not sure which exactly) and negotiations are continuing with Dennis Haysbert to bring back David Palmer in some role later in the season.

Michelle as well - she is already signed for some episodes with Tony.

Steve4192
01-11-2005, 01:08 PM
I also gotta say that the Sec of Def is a complete bad :censored: after the escape stunt he pulled.
You just know William Devane had a Rambo-clause in his contract. He justs LOVES playing tough-guys.

MWM
01-11-2005, 01:16 PM
I like the Sec of defense. He's all that.

I also like President Palmer. I'm not sure how they'll bring him back, though. I hope it's not a cheesy role just to get him back, and I hope he leaves his brother at home.

The show is weird without Nina, although she used all of her nine lives and she needed to go.

savafan
01-11-2005, 01:32 PM
I know that Palmer's last act as president was pardoning Tony, so that may have something to do with how they bring him back.

MWM
01-11-2005, 01:33 PM
I know that Palmer's last act as president was pardoning Tony, so that may have something to do with how they bring him back.

I forgot how last season ended, but i don't remembering him pardoning Tony. Is that what happened?

savafan
01-11-2005, 01:41 PM
I forgot how last season ended, but i don't remembering him pardoning Tony. Is that what happened?

Last season ended with Palmer announcing that he wouldn't seek re-election. I found out that he pardoned Tony before leaving office thanks to TV Guide.

RosieRed
01-11-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm really liking the season so far.

But I will say I'm going to miss the campiness of the David-Sherry scenes. They always cracked me up.

Raisor
01-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Last season ended with Palmer announcing that he wouldn't seek re-election. I found out that he pardoned Tony before leaving office thanks to TV Guide.

It's probably in the season three DVD set, which has a prequel for season four included.

savafan
01-11-2005, 08:50 PM

Debbie may not be dead. Notice she didn't foam, vomit or bleed from the mouth, which would have happened from most fatal poisons. I'm thinking there's a chance that mom may have just drugged her to test her son. Then again, I'm probably wrong.

savafan
04-25-2005, 03:23 AM
Well, tonight marks the return of David Palmer. I can't believe there are only six episodes left. This season has been very intense, much better than last year.

rdiersin
04-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Well, tonight marks the return of David Palmer. I can't believe there are only six episodes left. This season has been very intense, much better than last year.

Can't wait! The only problem is listening to the Reds game and watching 24 at the same time. But it worked out last week, so hopefully it will this week too.

Steve4192
04-26-2005, 12:22 AM
Elisha Cuthbert is fantastic eye candy, but the show is much better without the obligatory Kim kidnapping/cougar attack/relationship problems scenes.

RFS62
04-26-2005, 12:24 AM
Elisha Cuthbert is fantastic eye candy, but the show is much better without the obligatory Kim kidnapping/cougar attack/relationship problems scenes.

Yeah, but I still wouldn't object to a call from dad to her poolside, checking up on her, you know.

Steve4192
04-26-2005, 12:29 AM
Preaching to the choir, my friend, preaching to the choir.

HotCorner
04-26-2005, 12:09 PM
I love it! Chloe packing heat!

Puffy
04-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Yeah, but I still wouldn't object to a call from dad to her poolside, checking up on her, you know.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/916060/maxim3.jpg

RFS62
04-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Puffy, you are the man.

Puffy
04-26-2005, 01:21 PM
How ever I can help, 62!

HotCorner
04-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Possible Spoiler Alert!!

Anyone think it was odd that the nightclub was packed? Isn't the country going through a national crisis?

Roy Tucker
04-27-2005, 10:32 AM
I love it! Chloe packing heat!
From Television Without Pity...

"Two words: Potato Gun"

RFS62
04-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Now that Chloe has a taste of blood, you think she'll become a stone cold killa'?

BTW, I'd love to have one of those CTU bulletproof vehicles.

nysupport
04-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Yeah, that was a bit ironic

Possible Spoiler Alert!!

Anyone think it was odd that the nightclub was packed? Isn't the country going through a national crisis?

savafan
05-23-2005, 12:26 PM
2 hours to go, somebody dies, Chloe is the only person currently signed for next season. The anticipation is killing me.

Roy Tucker
05-23-2005, 12:52 PM
I just read the spoiler of the last 2 hours. Holy crap is all I can say.

savafan
05-23-2005, 01:07 PM
I just read the spoiler of the last 2 hours. Holy crap is all I can say.

Why would you do that? Why?

HotCorner
05-23-2005, 05:37 PM
Thank god for Tivo! The little one won't be in bed until 8:30 (if we are lucky). Normally not a problem. But with the early start tonight, we can start a bit late and try to catch up by skipping the commercials.

Puffy
05-23-2005, 10:57 PM
Wow - just wow.

RFS62
05-24-2005, 08:17 AM
What a season this has been. Best since season one, IMO.

I see a spinoff coming. Jack Bauer "walks the earth" like Kain in Kung Fu. A lonely drifter, moving from town to town, kicking random butts and preserving domestic tranquility, while torturing a evildooer from time to time, just to stay in practice.

savafan
05-24-2005, 11:04 AM
Agree RFS62, this was the best season since #1.

Really makes me wonder what's coming next season.

rdiersin
05-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Can it be Jan 2006 already? I am already excited for next season.

Matt700wlw
05-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Having finally being able to watch an entire season...all I can say is WOW!!!!

What's next??

Roy Tucker
05-24-2005, 03:36 PM
I would like to know one thing. How did Jack get dead?

One minute he was blasting away at Tony and the Secret Service guy and the next, he's lying there dead. Did he take a pill or something?

HotCorner
05-24-2005, 04:12 PM
I wonder if Barooz and Mandy will re-appear in Day 5? Barooz may go "bad" because of his "new understanding" of how the government works.

Mandy got her deal and I believe is free. So far she's been in Day 1, 2 and 4.

Matt700wlw
05-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Bring this terrorist back.....again!!!

http://unite.com.au/~u6539a/tbb/gfx/botm/miakirshner.jpg

Matt700wlw
05-24-2005, 07:21 PM
And of course, Kim needs to return....

http://www.e-jul.com/elisha-cuthbert/image/elisha_cuthbert-mar2k_ba9de.jpg