PDA

View Full Version : who is your first pick?

boobhat
02-23-2005, 12:05 PM
i am in 2 fantasy leagues, one has a keeper and the other has none. last season i won both of them so i have the last(12th) pick in the drafts. my keeper is randy johnson(we can only keep one pitcher). i wanted to know who people think would be the top 12 picks in a non-keeper league and who you would take first overall if you had the number one pick?

thrilljam
02-23-2005, 12:31 PM
Top 12 off the top of my head: ARod, Vlad, Pujols, Santana, Beltran, Abreu, Johnson, Tejada, Gagne, Bonds, Soriano, & Helton.

I'd take ARod #1 followed by Vlad.

IowaRed
02-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Santana is the only P I would take in Round 1. My list would look like this in a 5x5 roto league-not necessarily in order. Pujols would likely be my 1st pick

Pujols
Beltran
A-Rod
Vlad
Tejada
Abreu
Soriano
Helton
Santana
Crawford
Bonds
Manny

kbrake
02-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Pujols would be my first pick if it wasnt for the foot, but because of that I would go with Arod. Also I would def. I have Sheffield in my top 12 especially with two good shoulders.

Edd Roush
03-05-2005, 10:07 PM
I got Bonds with the #11 pick in my league, which I think is crazy, considering his AVG and HRs, then Helton with the #2 pick in the second round. Followed by Dunn in the third :D

Donder
03-08-2005, 12:26 PM
I had a fantasy draft Sunday and picked ARod #1 (due to Pujol's foot). There are only four teams in this particular league, and somehow I was able to get Beltran at #8! Turned out well for me. I've found that most casual baseball fans don't rank Dunn too highly, which means he's a steal if you're patient.

I have another draft this coming Sunday with 12 teams. It'll be interesting to see how the two compare.