PDA

View Full Version : New Star Wars trailer released today

Brutus_the_Red
03-10-2005, 11:14 PM
I was watching the O.C. tonight with my girlfriend when they announced that at the end of the show they would have a brand new Episode III trailer. After the show, i checked the website and low and behold they did release it today. It will also be playing in theatres before the movie Robots.

here's the link for the promo, if you do some searching, i imagine someone will have a full copy of the trailer up. I dvd-r'd it, and watched it a few times.

star wars promo (http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/trailer/theocspot.html)

It looks amazing. Definitely might rebound from the first two

Falls City Beer
03-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Definitely might

Will it "probably not suck?" :gac:

Brutus_the_Red
03-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Will it "probably not suck?" :gac:

Just setting myself up for disappointment. The trailer definitely looked amazing, but I'm sure Lucas will find a way to screw it up.

*fingers crossed*

KronoRed
03-10-2005, 11:25 PM
Just setting myself up for disappointment. The trailer definitely looked amazing, but I'm sure Lucas will find a way to screw it up.

*fingers crossed*

Ewoks probably

Unassisted
03-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Just setting myself up for disappointment. The trailer definitely looked amazing, but I'm sure Lucas will find a way to screw it up.4 words: Jar Jar the Jedi.

Johnny Footstool
03-11-2005, 09:24 AM
If a young, tough Chewbacca is in the movie, all will be forgiven.

Reds Fanatic
03-11-2005, 09:35 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/11/film.starwars.reut/index.html

Final 'Star Wars' said to be very dark
Friday, March 11, 2005 Posted: 8:50 AM EST (1350 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Ewoks and Jar Jar Binks beware. The young Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker is about to turn to the dark side of the Force, and it won't be pretty.

Filmmaker George Lucas says his upcoming sixth and final installment in the blockbuster "Star Wars" film franchise is the darkest and most violent of the series, and is likely to be the first movie in the six-film set to land a more restrictive rating than PG.

"I don't think I would take a 5- or 6-year-old to this," Lucas said in a CBS "60 Minutes" interview set for broadcast Sunday. "My feeling is that it will probably be a PG-13, so it will be the first 'Star Wars' that's a PG-13."

The five previous "Star Wars" films carried a rating of PG, which stands for "parental guidance suggested" and is the second-to-least restrictive classification that can be issued for a film by the Motion Picture Association of America.

A PG-13 rating means parents are strongly cautioned that some material in the film may be inappropriate for children under the age of 13.

The tone of the upcoming final chapter in the "Star Wars" double trilogy is described by Lucas as a far cry from some of the more light-hearted elements of his earlier films, such as the cuddly Ewok warriors in 1983's "Return of the Jedi" or the goofy, easy-going Jar Jar Binks from 1999's "Phantom Menace."

"Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" will chronicle the transformation of the heroic Anakin Skywalker into the evil Darth Vader as he ventures to a mythical Hell-like planet composed of erupting volcanoes and molten lava.

"We're going to watch him make a pact with the devil," Lucas said in his interview with CBS correspondent Leslie Stahl. "The film is much more dark ... more emotional. It's much more of a tragedy."

"Revenge of the Sith," the third "prequel" to the original 1977 "Star Wars" film," is due out in May.

REDREAD
03-11-2005, 10:19 AM
I wonder if it's really going to be that "dark".

I mean, they had a rumor floating out there that "Attack of the Clones" was going to be rated "R" for awhile :lol:

I do think Lucas figured out that his main market for this series is adults more than children. "Clones" was suitable for children, but much more of an adult movie than "Phantom Menance" and the Ewok part of "Return of Jedi"..

LvJ
03-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Greatastic trailer. :RedinDC:

Brutus_the_Red
03-12-2005, 12:46 AM
I've rewatched the trailer again, and it honestly does look like a darker film altogether. Obviously, the jedi are going to get killed off, and it shows anakin marching in front of a bunch of stormtroopers, wearing a black-hooded cloak. Not to mention the final shot of the trailer shows him in full Darth Vader gear......

label me: excited :gac:

MWM
03-12-2005, 10:27 AM
All I get when I click on the link above is a video about how they're going to show the trailer after the OC. What am I missing.