PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball help re: Griffey & Kearns

CheapSeats
03-13-2005, 11:29 AM
How are these two looking this spring? As some of you may remember, I am a Cardinal fan who stops in from time to time. Against my better judgment, I picked both for my fantasy team (Rounds 10 & 11). I'm not trying to stir the pot. I think both could be in line for big seasons, if healthy (I know that this is not a new thought). I don't need both. I also have Miguel Cabrera, Jose Guillen, Mark Kotsay and Mike Cameron.

As an aside, it was a strange draft. Things have certainly changed over the last several years. Griffey, Giambi & Piazza were all picked in the 10th round or later.

ghettochild
03-13-2005, 11:38 AM
kearns is smashing the ball left and right griffey has like 2 hits in 6 ab's? don't quote me to that though

beb30
03-13-2005, 12:42 PM
lets see he went 0-1 in his first game with a walk and 2-3 in his last game so hes 2 for 4 with a 2B, RBI, and an obp of .600 :gac:

KittyDuran
03-13-2005, 01:19 PM
How are these two looking this spring? As some of you may remember, I am a Cardinal fan who stops in from time to time. Against my better judgment, I picked both for my fantasy team (Rounds 10 & 11). I'm not trying to stir the pot. I think both could be in line for big seasons, if healthy (I know that this is not a new thought). I don't need both. I also have Miguel Cabrera, Jose Guillen, Mark Kotsay and Mike Cameron.

As an aside, it was a strange draft. Things have certainly changed over the last several years. Griffey, Giambi & Piazza were all picked in the 10th round or later.
Go to the Reds home page and click on stats to find ST totals so far... :)

hatcher
03-17-2005, 10:47 AM
austin kearns is a great pick for fantasy. If he plays put him in, but if he plays injured you might want to drop him. Griffey i think is not woth it. He still is incredible, but he wont get the ab's day in and day out to be woth it. Even if both are 100% they are sharing time with Pena. Even if Kearns is on fire having 2 days a week where he doesn't play hurts.

Johnny Footstool
03-17-2005, 11:30 AM
Either one would be a fine 10th or 11th round draft pick, but I wouldn't get both, and I wouldn't rely on them as a major cog in my team. They would be great 3rd OFers, and probably decent 2nd OFers.

GoReds
03-17-2005, 02:07 PM
Got Kearns rd 18, pick 4 the other day.

SCHWEEEEEEET!

Johnny Footstool
03-18-2005, 12:42 PM
Round 18 is a steal.

NastyBoy
03-21-2005, 05:32 PM
I traded for Kearns... here was the trade. I think I got a steal.

I traded

R. Sanders*(StL - OF)*
B. Webb*(Ari - SP)

FOR

A. Kearns*(Cin - OF)
L. Hernández*(Was - SP)*

Johnny Footstool
03-21-2005, 05:42 PM
You robbed the other guy, NastyBoy.