PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to all the Kentucky fans but............

Gainesville Red
03-13-2005, 04:34 PM
My Gators are peaking. Beating Kentucky twice in a week is Euphoria for me.

max venable
03-13-2005, 04:36 PM
wrong forum, dude. :rolleyes:

Gainesville Red
03-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Just wanted to post it where I could make sure everyone would see it. Florida doesn't beat Kentucky often, give me my moment. Where's KronoRed, he should get in on this.

Falls City Beer
03-13-2005, 04:43 PM
Just wanted to post it where I could make sure everyone would see it. Florida doesn't beat Kentucky often, give me my moment. Where's KronoRed, he should get in on this.

Congrats, dude. Now the Cats gotta join my Cards in the 2 seed slot. :cry: :MandJ: Here's to a showdown between the Cards and Cats in St. Louis.

Reds/Flyers Fan
03-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Florida has a second round tournament bounce written all over them.

Falls City Beer
03-13-2005, 04:48 PM

So does Kentucky, at this point.

Gainesville Red
03-13-2005, 05:07 PM
Florida always has a second round bounce written all over them, if not a first round bounce.

KronoRed
03-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Who gives a crap?

SEC champs :D season is a success :RedinDC:

WVRed
03-13-2005, 10:34 PM
So does Kentucky, at this point.

I wouldnt bet money on it, but the fact that Tubby Smith coached teams have problems against more physical teams(Florida), a team like UC should give reason for concern for the Big Blue. But with the overall weakness of that bracket, its looking more like Kentucky and Duke in the finals.

And since you are a U of L fan....

Patrick Sparks!!! Patrick Sparks!!! Patrick Sparks!!!

:mhcky21: ;)

CbusRed
03-13-2005, 11:44 PM
Who gives a crap?

That is not a good attitude to have, Mr. Krono.

For the record, I have them being bounced in the second round also. ;)

Falls City Beer
03-13-2005, 11:44 PM
I wouldnt bet money on it, but the fact that Tubby Smith coached teams have problems against more physical teams(Florida), a team like UC should give reason for concern for the Big Blue. But with the overall weakness of that bracket, its looking more like Kentucky and Duke in the finals.

And since you are a U of L fan....

Patrick Sparks!!! Patrick Sparks!!! Patrick Sparks!!!

:mhcky21: ;)

Duke would gut Kentucky.

KronoRed
03-13-2005, 11:45 PM
That is not a good attitude to have, Mr. Krono.
[/size]

I'm a fan not the coach..I can have any attitude I want :D

WVRed
03-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Duke would gut Kentucky.

Just like they did in 98?;)

Falls City Beer
03-14-2005, 12:59 PM
Just like they did in 98?;)

I was thinking more Christian Laetner, 92, was it?

;) ;) ;) ;)

Cedric
03-14-2005, 01:13 PM
I like the Gators because as simple as this sounds they shoot the ball and go get it. Teams that can shoot it from outside and don't have to rely on the inside game are gonna go deep in this tournament. Duke HAS to have six straight huge games from Redick, can that happen? They have ZERO backcourt depth and I can't imagine they win it all. I like Arizona's backcourt along with Illinois, Kansas if Langford is healthy, and Wake. I think Wake Forest might go on a run and steal this tournament. They have that big Williams kid and the best backcourt in America along with Illinois.

15fan
03-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Ced -

:thumbup:

Of course, the flip side is that Wake Forest is, well, Wake Forest.

It's akin to being a Cubs or Red Sox fan.

If it can go wrong, it will.

Joseph
03-14-2005, 02:26 PM
Who gives a crap?

Don't they only hang banners for regular season champs and not conference tourney champs? If so, then UK is still the champ.

WVRed
03-14-2005, 02:27 PM
I was thinking more Christian Laetner, 92, was it?

;) ;) ;) ;)

That was hardly "gutting".

The team that worries me more in that bracket is Utah. Bogut is a likely National Player of the Year candidate and NBA lottery pick(if not no 1 overall). I am picking Utah to beat Oklahoma and give Kentucky a run for its money.

And I also have Syracuse out first round. Taylor Coppenrath!

KronoRed
03-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Don't they only hang banners for regular season champs and not conference tourney champs? If so, then UK is still the champ.
They do both

WVRed
03-14-2005, 02:29 PM

Yep.

Only purpose of SEC Tournament-

$$$$$$$

Falls City Beer
03-14-2005, 02:43 PM
That was hardly "gutting".

The team that worries me more in that bracket is Utah. Bogut is a likely National Player of the Year candidate and NBA lottery pick(if not no 1 overall). I am picking Utah to beat Oklahoma and give Kentucky a run for its money.

And I also have Syracuse out first round. Taylor Coppenrath!

Not a gutting.

A stake through the heart. :devil:

roundboy22
03-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Now the Cats gotta join my Cards in the 2 seed slot. :cry: :MandJ:

2 seed? :cry: :jump:

Falls City Beer
03-14-2005, 04:18 PM
2 seed? :cry: :jump:

How can I help it if the seeding committee is a bunch of idiots. Gonzaga and Washington. Don't make me laugh. I mean my sides are splitting.

But it doesn't change the fact that KY choked themselves out of an easy 1 seed.

roundboy22
03-14-2005, 05:01 PM
If you call getting beat by a very good Florida team who also had alot to play for "choking" then I guess we can agree to disagree. But if you want to talk about choking, 60-58 seems like a good place to start.

15fan
03-14-2005, 05:02 PM
How can I help it if the seeding committee is a bunch of idiots.

2 ACC teams in Albuquerque & Syracuse, but none in Chicago.

2 SEC teams in Chicago & Austin, but none in Albuquerque.

2 Big 10/11 teams in Austin, but none in Albuquerque.

2 Pac-10 teams in Albuquerque, but none in Syracuse.

I always thought that the 2nd team from a conference didn't go into a region unless each of the 4 regions already had a team from the conference.

It also seems strange that the #1 seed overall, Illinois, doesn't play the winner of the play-in game. Especially with the play-in game in Dayton, Illinois playing rounds 1 & 2 in Indy (all of, what, an hour and a half away?) while UNC opens in Charlotte.

:confused:

Falls City Beer
03-14-2005, 05:47 PM
If you call getting beat by a very good Florida team who also had alot to play for "choking" then I guess we can agree to disagree. But if you want to talk about choking, 60-58 seems like a good place to start.

A Florida team that Louisville "handled" this season with relative ease (at Florida, btw).

60-58? Sure. We were gettin' tired of moppin' the floor with you guys the last few years. Gotta keep the rivalry goin.

KYRedsFan
03-14-2005, 09:44 PM
Thanks selection committee, the Cards didn't need motivation, but we'll take it. One of the biggest hose jobs in recent memory. And the greatest is Digger and the ESPN gang spending all their time whining about Notre Dame, and telling Pitino to get over it. Worthless network, CBS dominates them as far as professional reporting.

Falls City Beer
03-14-2005, 10:39 PM
Thanks selection committee, the Cards didn't need motivation, but we'll take it. One of the biggest hose jobs in recent memory. And the greatest is Digger and the ESPN gang spending all their time whining about Notre Dame, and telling Pitino to get over it. Worthless network, CBS dominates them as far as professional reporting.

Louisville has smooth sailing if they get past Tech in my opinion. I am underimpressed with Wake and Washington. Tech and Louisville are the best teams in the bracket IMO.

RedRoser
03-14-2005, 10:45 PM
My Gators are peaking. Beating Kentucky twice in a week is Euphoria for me.

If you weren't a REDS fan, I'd **&^%$#!!! ;)

---rSquared & BloodyBlue :p:

RedRoser
03-16-2005, 08:33 PM
On second thought, would you go for a Billy Donovan for Tubby Smith swap?
:eek:

KronoRed
03-16-2005, 08:42 PM
No way

I don't like Tubby, never have, he's a successful coach but I would not want him coaching a team I root for..just don't like the guy

Besides he coached at Georgia :thumbdown

WVRed
03-16-2005, 10:40 PM

No. But if Tubby ever left for the NBA or retired, Billy Donovan would be at the top of my list. The guy is probably the closest Rick Pitino clone without being the actual guy.