PDA

View Full Version : Olive Garden heard jurors were ‘starving to death’

TeamCasey
03-16-2005, 08:41 AM
Jackson jury takes bonus pizza break
The Associated Press
Updated: 8:24 p.m. ET March 15, 2005

SANTA MARIA, Calif. - The Michael Jackson trial judge was overruled by the jury Tuesday when they extended their 10-minute snack break because of an unexpected bonanza: free pizza.

Superior Court Judge Rodney Melville has been running an unusually rigid schedule with no lunch hour, just three quick snack breaks during six hours of testimony — a hunger-inducing regimen he calls “the Melville diet.”

When jurors took an extra 15 minutes getting back into their seats, he offered an explanation.

“The Olive Garden heard a CNN report that the jurors were starving to death,” he announced. “So they sent over a bunch of pizzas.”

He said the jury “sent out an attack squadron” with word that they wanted time to eat their pizzas. “So now they’re full, and they can thank CNN,” he said.

RedFanAlways1966
03-16-2005, 09:23 AM
Man, oh man... just when I thought this whole thing was going to be a "normal court case". Word of the pizza-thing may turn this whole thing into a circus!

I am sure there is as much truth to the jurors starving to death as their is to Michael's next strange illness which will cause him to show up in his PJs.

I kind of wish this whole court case and the media feeding frenzy over it would...

Just beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants to be defeated
Showin' how funky and strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right
Just beat it, beat it!!

RBA
03-16-2005, 09:34 AM
I have been to that Olive Garden. And it is not impressive. (food quality wise) However, on a different occassion when I was half way around the world, my wife and kids waited over a hour for a table (they'd had forgotten about them). So my wife complained a little and when they found out where I was the check was taken care of by the management. I'm glad they realize their error and the free meal was a good gesture.

RFS62
03-16-2005, 09:36 AM
I have been to that Olive Garden. And it is not impressive. (food quality wise) However, on a different occassion when I was half way around the world, my wife and kids waited over a hour for a table (they'd had forgotten about them). So my wife complained a little and when they found out where I was the check was taken care of by the management. I'm glad they realize their error and the free meal was a good gesture.

That's a nice story.

Everybody makes mistakes. What they do to correct their mistakes shows what kind of people they are.

Roy Tucker
03-16-2005, 09:39 AM
Olive Garden has pizzas? Guess I haven't been there in a while.

WVRed
03-16-2005, 09:43 AM

I thought the same thing.

There is an Olive Garden here, and I dont really care for it outside of the breadsticks and salad. DaVinci's, a local Italian restaurant, is a lot better.

RedFanAlways1966
03-16-2005, 09:45 AM

Thought the same thing, Roy. Of course if I want pizza, I don't go to Olive Garden! Olive Garden has too many other killer things to eat!

Olive Garden evidently has pizza and a great marketing idea... lots of free advertizing for the free pizza idea. Brilliant!

Roy Tucker
03-16-2005, 09:50 AM

There is an Olive Garden here, and I dont really care for it outside of the breadsticks and salad. DaVinci's, a local Italian restaurant, is a lot better.
I prefer real Italian restaurants too, but my in-laws like it so we go there sometimes. It's OK. Better when my father-in-law picks up the check.

Why do I think this jury is going to be inundated with pizzas from here on out?

"This news break brought to you by Pizza Hut, official pizza of the Michael Jackson trial".

Redsland
03-16-2005, 10:32 AM
If the Olive Garden was truly concerned about their hunger, they'd be sending endless breadsticks to the jury box.

:D

KronoRed
03-16-2005, 11:32 AM
I am not an olive garden pizza fan, too flat and taste less.. but the salads ROCK! and Redsland is right about those breadsticks :D :D

TC81190
03-16-2005, 11:27 PM

Ditto. Since when....

RedsBaron
03-17-2005, 06:48 AM

I agree. I like Olive Garden's salad, beadsticks and desserts, but the entrees are ordinary at best. Locally, Rocco's in both Huntington and Ceredo puts Olive Garden to shame.