PDA

View Full Version : Real Player help

Chip R
03-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Every time I try to play a CD on my computer at work - or at home for that matter - it skips something awful. Anyone have any remedies for this problem?

Roy Tucker
03-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Do the CDs skip on all players or just one? Just with Real Player or all players?

Off the top of my head, I say give the CDs a good cleaning with some windex or something. Fingerprints and other gunk can cause skips.

Chip R
03-18-2005, 09:24 AM
I'm trying Windows Media Player now. The thing is that I have played brand new CDs on there and they still skip so i don't think it's the CD.

westofyou
03-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Chip I have the same problem on my new PC, play the cd's with all you applications closed and see if the skipping is power surge related event, also check yur connections and e;ectrical set up, my problem is I had alot of electronics gojng into one power strip, thatan a loose wire caused my cd's to skip.

Also open up your cd case and try and blow some air in there, you might have a lint pile on the laser reader in the unit.

Chip R
03-18-2005, 09:53 AM
It isn't skipping in Windows Media Player so I guess the solution is to play and save in Windows Media Player instead of Real Player.

RBA
03-18-2005, 10:10 AM
I think their are some settings you can change on realplayer where you can choose how much "memory" (optimize) to use for the player.