PDA

View Full Version : Trade Opinion

GoReds
03-21-2005, 01:04 PM
I've got a problem in that I don't have a decent saves generator in the RP spot.

I've offered the following trade - tell me what you think:

Carlos Beltran/Randy Wolf for Adam Dunn/Danny Graves.

I've also just completed a trade in which I traded Todd Helton and Kris Benson for Andruw Jones and Rich Harden. I have Delgado, D.Lee and Giambi available at 1st besides Helton.

Red Leader
03-21-2005, 01:06 PM
I've got a problem in that I don't have a decent saves generator in the RP spot.

That's a bit extreme. Why not just throw the Beltran / Dunn part of it out and offer Wolf for Graves.

I'm surprised it hasn't been accepted yet.

What are your categories / positions?

Redny
03-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Depending on categories I would accept.

GoReds
03-21-2005, 02:47 PM
That's a bit extreme. Why not just throw the Beltran / Dunn part of it out and offer Wolf for Graves.

I'm surprised it hasn't been accepted yet.

What are your categories / positions?

Basic Yahoo! league.

I think Beltran is overrated and Dunn is headed for a big year. Since everyone is clammering for Beltran, I think it's to my advantage.

Red Leader
03-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Basic Yahoo! league.

I think Beltran is overrated and Dunn is headed for a big year. Since everyone is clammering for Beltran, I think it's to my advantage.

I agree with you on both counts there, but many, many others value Beltran way higher than Dunn. You should be rewarded for taking this risk with more than Danny Graves.

I would target a closer in the Isringhausen, Hoffman range for what you're "giving up".

BJ Ryan, Guillermo Mota, both better than Graves as well...

MuEconRedLeg
03-21-2005, 08:42 PM

I've also just completed a trade in which I traded Todd Helton and Kris Benson for Andruw Jones and Rich Harden. I have Delgado, D.Lee and Giambi available at 1st besides Helton.

Personally, I would make the deal D. Lee/Wolf for Dunn/Graves. Unless you have Crawford or Pierre on your team you probably should keep Beltran for the steals.