PDA

View Full Version : Need 2B help

max venable
03-23-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm in a head-to-head league...offense only. Stats that count are R, HR, RBI, SB and AVG.

I have a good team but was not able to draft a solid 2B.

Here are my options:

D'Angelo Jiminez
Bill Mueller
E. Alfonso
A. Kennedy
T. Wigginton
O. Hudson
K. Ginter
O. Infante
E. Young
M. Grudzeilanek
J. Spivey

Opinions please...who should I go with?

Red Leader
03-23-2005, 02:14 PM
5 categories.

What categories is the rest of your team strong in, where are they weak.

In other words which category do you think you will be weakest in with your entire current offense? Once you find that out, you can just pick up a 2B that is strongest there.

Also, is T.Iguchi (CHW) available. I think he'll put up better numbers than any of these guys this year. What about Michael Cuddyer? Both of them are better bets than the guys you listed.

max venable
03-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Iguchi and Cuddyer are gone. What about Chris Burke?

max venable
03-23-2005, 02:18 PM
btw...here's the rest of my "starting" offense:

Piazza
Helton
Nomar
A-Rod
Matsui
Andruw Jones
Garrett Anderson
Griffey (utl) or, Preston Wilson or Craig Wilson

Thoughts?

Red Leader
03-23-2005, 02:20 PM
Iguchi and Cuddyer are gone. What about Chris Burke?

Chris Burke might not play. Is Biggio still a free agent? He'll get eligibility at 2B after 15 games the way its looking right now. You might want to pick up one of the above scubs AND Biggio and play the scrub until Biggio is eligible there again...

if Burke does play, he'd go to the top of the list. Hudson could have a decent season, but he's usually the picture of average. Still, average is better than below average.

Red Leader
03-23-2005, 02:24 PM
That's a good offense. The only things I could see you having trouble with are R's and SB's. Think speed guys at 2B. Luis Castillo taken, I'm sure. What about Tony Womack?

You may want to keep an eye on Infante as well. With Sanchez out of town, they may put Infante at leadoff in front of I-Rod, Magglio, and Da Meathook. If they do, grab him. He'd be a good fit. If he hits 9th, he's not very useful.

thrilljam
03-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Infante, Jimenez, Mueller would top my list. Spivey is an intriquing sleeper.

MuEconRedLeg
03-23-2005, 06:25 PM
You could use a little speed. I would snag Infante first, but keep and eye on Burke.

IslandRed
03-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Jiminez or Infante would be your best bets, depending on which one you believe has the better chance of spending a lot of time at the top of the order. I don't think there are any great speed guys on your list. Womack is probably the best basestealer in principle (if he's available) but I don't think he'll get the green light much in New York, even assuming he holds the job all year, and without steals he'll probably be a net negative to your offense.

Edit: Forgot Burke where speed was concerned, but between the playing-time question and being a rookie, I'm skeptical that he would exceed Jiminez' production this year.

max venable
03-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the input, guys. :thumbup:

max venable
03-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Just saw where Freel is available at 2B in my league. Would he move to the top of that list? Thoughts?