PDA

View Full Version : 'Third Watch' canceled

TeamCasey
03-24-2005, 10:26 AM
LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- It's official -- NBC's "Third Watch" will not be returning for a seventh season.

The network has opted not to bring back the Warner Bros. TV/John Wells Prods. drama about cops, paramedics and firefighters serving the graveyard shift in New York.

The Peabody-winning "Third Watch," on hiatus to make room for midseason entry "Law & Order: Trial by Jury," will return with the remainder of its sixth season, ending its run with a series finale.

Bummer ........ I love that show!

Do we need more Law and Order? It's on every hour on 20 different channels!

KronoRed
03-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Mrs Krono will not be happy about this :help:

Chip R
03-24-2005, 12:17 PM
Do we need more Law and Order? It's on every hour on 20 different channels!
Every show next season is going to either be Law & Order or CSI. ;)

Steve4192
03-24-2005, 12:27 PM
I've lost track, how many Law & Orders / CSI's are there now?

Law & Order
Law & Order: SVU
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
Law & Order: Trial By Jury

CSI
CSI: Miami
CSI: NY

Is that it or am I missing some? I think there are a few other short-lived ones that are no longer on the air, but I'm not sure.

jmcclain19
03-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Coming to Fox this fall

Law & Order: CSI

People who watch these shows really watch them. I know my mother for example, TiVo's all three CSI's every week. My better half's family is addicted to Law & Order.

People watch 'em. So the Networks are giving them what they want.

It's akin the the News networks. A small segment of people watch trials like Scott Petersen and Michael Jackson, but that segment watches intensely and loyally, so the networks continue to pump out mind numbingly huge amounts of programing on it.

People watch it, so they give 'em what they want.

CTA513
03-24-2005, 01:15 PM
I cant wait till theres about 12 hours of Law & Order every day. :rolleyes:

TRF
03-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Coming this fall..

Law & Order: Traffic Court
Law & Order: Small Claims Court
Law & Order: Kangaroo Court

CSI: Boca Raton
CSI: Portland Maine
CSI: Apache Junction

Larkin Fan
03-24-2005, 02:43 PM
I hate hearing this. I can't believe that they'd cancel a show that was the top show in it's time slot. Man.

pedro
03-24-2005, 02:45 PM
Coming this fall..

Law & Order: Traffic Court
Law & Order: Small Claims Court
Law & Order: Kangaroo Court

CSI: Boca Raton
CSI: Portland Maine
CSI: Apache Junction

Don't forget

CSI: 60 Minutes - where they will try and determine if any crimes were committed by Andy Rooney's eyebrows.

traderumor
03-24-2005, 02:52 PM
what I find interesting is that cable or satellite gives folks so many channels, but so little variety. If its not a "reality" show or sports, then its Law & Order or CSI. Another CSI that is on frequently is Crossing Jordan, which my wife is addicted to. I cannot remember the last decent sitcom that was created. I suppose that animal will cycle back some day as well.

CTA513
03-24-2005, 03:07 PM
what I find interesting is that cable or satellite gives folks so many channels, but so little variety. If its not a "reality" show or sports, then its Law & Order or CSI. Another CSI that is on frequently is Crossing Jordan, which my wife is addicted to. I cannot remember the last decent sitcom that was created. I suppose that animal will cycle back some day as well.

Crossing Jordan, CSI, Law & Order, NYPD Blue and Judging Amy are on cable all the time.

:devil: