Brad Radke
Gagne
Graves
BJ Ryan
Brian Lawrence
Adam Eaton
Tom Glavine
Jason Marquis

Obviously I'm weak @ Pitching, & I don't like Durazo since he can only play the UT spot, but he should put up good numbers.

Question about a possible trade I was thinking about

Izturis
Helton
Durazo
Affeldt

for

Edgar Renteria
Brian Giles
Jared Wright (Yankees this year)
Brad Penny

Good trade idea, or stupid. I realize Penny is coming off injury, but I need to upgrade my pitching staff. I know the guy wants Helton, and I think I've got enough 1b potential cover his loss. I'd upgrade at SS, but by how much. I was surprised that Izturis' numbers were as good as they were last year. He's my only real SB threat, with the exception of Vlad, and hopefully Dunn/Kearns

Thoughts?

Red Leader
03-24-2005, 05:32 PM
You should be able to get a near frontline starter for Helton alone...someone like Peavy, Harden, Hudson, Oliver Perez. I would settle for anything less than that if you're determined to trade him at all.

The deal which you mentioned, you're not getting enough in return, IMO.

medford
03-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Thanks, probably good advice. Question, how good is Izturis. I was always under the impression that he was a piece of crap. I did the autodraft b/c I don't have the time to do a full draft. I was a bit surprised when I saw his numbers.

If I can live w/ Izturis, Its probably a bit easier to make a trade. I'm not against keeping Helton, I'd give up any of my 1b other than Dunn, cause its easy to root for guys on your team, that happen to be on your team. As long as you honestly think they'll produce.

Red Leader
03-24-2005, 06:10 PM
Izturis is pretty average. Obviously, he's not going to hang with Tejada, Jeter, Rollins, Furcal, Renteria, or even O. Cabrera, but he won't kill you in some categories. Not sure what your categories are, if they are regular 5 x 5: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, he'll be useful in R, SB, and AVG. With above average players everywhere else on offense, you'd be fine with him. What other SS's are available?

medford
03-24-2005, 06:59 PM
I dropped Jose' Valentine to pick Izturis, who looked better on paper (especially the SB that I lack). Jack Wilson & Vizquel are the only other ones available worth anything. Perhaps K. Greene

MuEconRedLeg
03-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Izturis
Helton
Durazo
Affeldt

for

Edgar Renteria
Brian Giles
Jared Wright (Yankees this year)
Brad Penny

I see no reason for you to make this trade. I would probably not give up that much for Renteria. Izturis will do at SS.

One trade you might want to look at to improve your pitching is offering Hafner for Mulder. Mulder is really picking up his past few starts, but alot of experts are still down on him. If you want to trade a 1b for pitching you might want to look into that.

You might also attempt sending Durazo and (P not named Radke or Gagne) for Mulder first.