SP Clemens
RP Fr. Rodriguez
RP Affeldt
P Burnett
P Escobar
P Radke
BN Lilly
BN Ben Davis

i don't want Clemens, i thought he was on my exclude list. i do not want a 40yo pitcher who's having leg problems.

this trade keeps being vetoed:
Tejada and Clemens for Mora and Livan Hernandez.

i don't see what's unfair about it, and the rest of the league won't tell me either.

the trades been modified to
Tejada and Clemens for Bay and Livan Hernandez, which has 1 complaint already in the 15 minutes it's been up.

is this collusion, or are people really that :censored: blinded by name recognition?

thrilljam
03-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Tejada and Clemens are exponentially better than Mora/Hernandez and Bay/Hernandez. I wish you were in my league though.

SteelSD
03-26-2005, 11:57 PM
RL, I have no idea what's going on there. I think that maybe the league owners or commish is overvaluing Tejada (who's coming off a career year) while drastically undervaluing Mora. A SS/UTIL combo of Jeter/Mora could easily trump a Tejada/Jeter combo this season and would allow you to deal Aramis Ramirez for an OF upgrade (and pushing Overbay into the UTIL slot).

And considering that you have a valid reason to want to move Clemens, I have no clue why your league would be against that trade. It's smart, very reasonable, and would allow you a ton of flexibility to position further moves to upgrade your roster.

But, since they seem to want to be jerks about it, just cancel the Bay/Hernandez offer (not as good for you) and move Jeter for a big RF bat, put Mora in the UTIL position and score a bunch of points.

IslandRed
03-27-2005, 09:33 PM
I'll agree with you and Steel in that the deal's not as lopsided as the name-recognition glance would show. Having said that, are you sure you can't do better? Even BP's system, which ranked Tejada and Clemens as low as you're going to find them anywhere, still had that combo several dollars above Mora/Hernandez or Bay/Hernandez. And Clemens is infinitely more valuable "out there" than Livan Hernandez. You might feel differently, and that's cool, but you need to make that perception work in your favor. There's no reason, none, why you should be giving an inch on the position-player end of the deal. Even if Tejada's overvalued, I'd be surprised if Mora is more valuable this year. Bay's not that close.

Bottom line -- if these guys are so dang infatuated with Tejada and Clemens, challenge them to beat those offers. Consider moving Clemens straight up while keeping Tejada. And above all, stop acting like you have to move Clemens no matter what. :D Even if you feel that way, that vibe is going to hurt your return. As soon as people figure out they only need to give you the best offer, not a fair offer, that's exactly what they'll do.

Ravenlord
03-29-2005, 07:13 PM
i have 3 deals on the table now....been on there for awhile but i seem to be getting ignored...

deal 1: Tejada/Clemens for Abreu/Lieber

deal 2: Clemens for Harden

deal 3: Clemens/Overbay for Looper/Matsui

Johnny Footstool
03-30-2005, 01:37 AM
deal 2: Clemens for Harden

Of the three deals on the table, this one seems the best for you. But it still seems like you're selling Clemens (and yourself) short.

Ravenlord
04-01-2005, 09:09 AM
wow...just got offered this:

Mora and Jim Edmonds and Lieber for Tejada, Aramis Ramirez and Clemens...

think i should take it, or try to pull someone else out from him? i'm very much leaning towards taking it.

his team is:

C Lopez
1B Lee
2B Castillo
3B Mora
SS Valentin
OF Abreu
OF Edmonds
OF Bonds
UTIL Bay
BN Bagwell
BN Barett
BN Jenkins

SP Wood
SP Pavano
RP Lidge
RP Chad Cordero
P Zito
P Livan Hernandez
P Webb
BN Weaver
BN Lieber

IslandRed
04-01-2005, 05:25 PM
That's much more like it. If you like Weaver (his) more than Lilly (yours), you might see if he'll swap them also. Otherwise, this is reasonably straight up, albeit one that will favor your offense at the probable expense of your pitching.

Johnny Footstool
04-01-2005, 05:56 PM
I don't trust Mora, and Lieber is not all that great. I think Tejada, Ramirez, and Clemens will outscore the three players you're getting in return.

If you must do the deal, take IslandRed's advice and ask for Weaver or even Hernandez instead of Lieber.