PDA

View Full Version : Thru 6 rounds, 16 teams...first ever 5x5 draft. How am I doin?

SirFelixCat
03-27-2005, 10:08 PM
1.7-Bobby Abreu

2.10- Adam Dunn

3.7- Brad Lidge

4.10- Travis Hafner

5.7- Aaron Rowand

6.10- Paul Konerko

Ideas on where to go from here?

Red Leader
03-27-2005, 10:22 PM
You need some SP's!!!!

MuEconRedLeg
03-27-2005, 10:22 PM
Is it AVG. or OBP?

If it is AVG. you may have grabed Dunn a round too soon. But, even if that is the case I love the picks on Abreu, Lidge, and Hafner (I have reached for Adam myself). Good work so far. :thumbup:

I would start thinking about a starter Mulder or Halladay still around? (or the best avalible). I also would grab a value pick at middle infeilder. Vidro or Loretta might be a good bet, and would help make up the difference in AVG. with Dunn and provide some pop.

MuEconRedLeg
03-27-2005, 10:24 PM
I agree with Red Leader. You are going to be good in power and steals, might be time to look at pitching.

SirFelixCat
03-27-2005, 10:34 PM
Mulder, Halladay, and Figgins are the 3 I was targeting for the 7th round. Figgins versatility is great and Vidro and Loretta both went before I picked in the 6th.

Yes, it's avg...might push for it to be OBP ;) Is it me or is anyone else surprised at Rowand being available that late?

MuEconRedLeg
03-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Mulder, Halladay, and Figgins are the 3 I was targeting for the 7th round. Figgins versatility is great and Vidro and Loretta both went before I picked in the 6th.

Yes, it's avg...might push for it to be OBP ;) Is it me or is anyone else surprised at Rowand being available that late?

I think Mulder and Halladay are even. I think both will rebound for solid years. I would probably grab one of them to be my ace before I grab Figgins. I would hope he woudl be there the next time though.

I have seen Rowand dropping in most of my drafts. I actually I have him in two leagues. I think he willl have decent numbers. He is hitting well in the spring and he supposedlly going to be given the green light on the base paths this year.

The downside, his walk rate is pretty bad (30 BB vs. 91 K's). I worry about that, but, imo, his speed gives him infield hits to somewhat account for it. I think the average will come down, but a 20/20 season is possible.