PDA

View Full Version : Redszone's Most Missed Troll

WVRed
03-30-2005, 06:31 PM
Im not wanting this to turn into a slam-fest, but for those who have been here long enough to remember, who was the troll that brought back the most memories?

Gallagher1-IMO, the reason Redszone was started. Mariner fan who's famous tagline was "Griffey is not your savior, have a nice day.:)"

Har Ecou-Another troll from cincinnati.com. Flooded that board one night before it was ultimately shut down for good.

Richard Hand-I think the credentials speak for themselves. Probably the most snide poster here.

Drew Nelson-Unhealthy obsession with Pokey Reese eventually did him in. If you read the "lets not beat a subject to death please, Drew was why."

Nux-Famous for crashing the old chat room, cloning posters, and being a general nuisance.

Fox-Said he had "inside sources" with the Reds that they were going to make ridiculous trades. None of the trades ever happened, and he was eventually banned.

Cant think of any more. Anybody else got any memories?

SteelSD
03-30-2005, 06:37 PM
NIELYNG

Two words..."PSY CHO".

03-30-2005, 06:46 PM
I actually found Dickie Hand entertaining. I still follow him sometimes just for laughs.

creek14
03-30-2005, 09:10 PM
Who can miss anyone when we have such a good one on the board now.

KronoRed
03-30-2005, 09:13 PM
I was only around for Neil, and I sure don't miss that type of stuff :help:

Falls City Beer
03-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Nux was borderline sociopathic, imo.

Gallagher was just dull.

De La Hoz rocked. Never understood why he melted down.

RBA
03-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Was De La Hoz the one who kept mentioning obscure players from the past?

paintmered
03-30-2005, 10:09 PM

Yep.

RBA
03-30-2005, 10:10 PM
Yup, he didn't bother me that much. But he rubbed a few the wrong way.

paintmered
03-30-2005, 10:13 PM
Yeah, he did manage to stick around here for quite a while too. I'm not sure what got into him. He flew under the troll radar for months.

CincyRedsFan30
03-30-2005, 10:20 PM
NIELYNG

Two words..."PSY CHO".

Here, here.

There is another board that I've posted on before where that lunatic likes to roam.

He is so insane and hates Bowden so much that he actually used to have a Web page devoted to things he hated about Bowden.

Oh, and among many other things, he liked stealing comments from other boards, including this one from what I can remember. (This was when I still lurked here)

Steve4192
03-30-2005, 10:24 PM
Yeah, he did manage to stick around here for quite a while too. I'm not sure what got into him. He flew under the troll radar for months.
IIRC, Hoz was banned after he had a meltdown and started dropping F-bombs all over the place for no apparent reason. Or maybe that was someone else.

WVRed
03-30-2005, 10:33 PM
Forgot another one, Don Cameron. He went on a cussing tirade, got banned, came back under another name.

Forgot about Neil too, he ruined a map that either TC or creek had organized after he got banned.

Larkin Fan
03-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Can't believe that no one has mentioned FLASHBACK. Who could forget FLASHBACK?

RFS62
03-30-2005, 10:56 PM
IIRC, Hoz was banned after he had a meltdown and started dropping F-bombs all over the place for no apparent reason. Or maybe that was someone else.

I believe that was Don Cameron, another brilliant but twisted mind.

De la Hoz was a genius, but he had a real mean streak.

MWM
03-30-2005, 10:58 PM
I celebrated the day de la Hoz was banned. Man I couldn't stand that guy. He was one of the all-time greats at belittling others and at personal insults of people he didn't think were as smart as himself, which was no one.

Falls City Beer
03-30-2005, 11:18 PM
I celebrated the day de la Hoz was banned. Man I couldn't stand that guy. He was one of the all-time greats at belittling others and at personal insults of people he didn't think were as smart as himself, which was no one.

The guy did eventually flake, but he was just "off" enough to be incredibly funny at times. Kind of like Andy Kauffman.

Falls City Beer
03-30-2005, 11:20 PM
Don Cameron was the only poster who actually offended me, personally. He got nasty, racist and nasty, iirc. I think it was him.

CbusRed
03-30-2005, 11:23 PM

I thought that was Phil Gagliano

Falls City Beer
03-30-2005, 11:25 PM
I remember Richard Hand vaguely from the Fastball days, but his legend has always remained a bit murky to me. Didn't he run some kind of site created to "compete" with Fastball or something? Didn't he have some kind of weird agenda? Help me out.

Falls City Beer
03-30-2005, 11:25 PM
I thought that was Phil Gagliano

Same guy.

CbusRed
03-30-2005, 11:29 PM
Same guy.

Its all clear now.

remdog
03-30-2005, 11:33 PM
Little Red Wagon was Richard's baby. Fully transcribed notes of....um, something or other, I forget. Published in his basement. If you disagreed with him he cut you off his 'subscribers' list. (shrug)

Rem

Hap
03-31-2005, 01:17 AM
He was always promoting his email newsletter, which he claimed many in the Reds front office were subscribing to.

03-31-2005, 07:42 AM
On my Richard thread, I had a link to a board he posts on. He claims "celebreties" were its receipients. :rolleyes:

RFS62
03-31-2005, 07:46 AM
Richard got a mention from Tony Jackson a couple of times on the second inning talks with Marty. I have no doubt that front office people and local "celebrities" subscribed to his newsletter.

It's too bad he had such a meltdown. He had a nice little niche carved out for himself.

But now we've got Chip doing the hot stove league reports. And he doesn't live in his mothers basement.

TeamCasey
03-31-2005, 08:04 AM
Forgot about Neil too, he ruined a map that either TC or creek had organized after he got banned.

TeamDunn set that one up, if I recall.

I wonder how many of these guys were the same person with a new name.

Some of them are easy to pick out because of their writing styles.

KittyDuran
03-31-2005, 08:07 AM
Here, here.

There is another board that I've posted on before where that lunatic likes to roam.

He is so insane and hates Bowden so much that he actually used to have a Web page devoted to things he hated about Bowden.

Oh, and among many other things, he liked stealing comments from other boards, including this one from what I can remember. (This was when I still lurked here)
He also hated Casey and Graves. Nearly got me banned from the AOL Reds message board. He would also take newspaper articles and edit them to suit his needs.

GAC
03-31-2005, 08:26 AM
Miss? I don't miss any of them. ;)

SunDeck
03-31-2005, 09:03 AM
Personally, I could never understand why anyone gave these idjits the time of day. I saw their name on a thread and just skipped right by them.

Red Thunder
03-31-2005, 09:09 AM
Anyone from the Enquirer board remember "Texas Scarecrow"? Not that I miss him ... he just was among the most annoying.

CincyRedsFan30
03-31-2005, 12:58 PM
He also hated Casey and Graves. Nearly got me banned from the AOL Reds message board. He would also take newspaper articles and edit them to suit his needs.

Yeah, that's the board I'm referring to. The guy is literally nuts.

He likes Paul Konerko over Casey and hates Graves in general.(Not that I really blame him for not being a big fan of Graves)

RedFanAlways1966
03-31-2005, 01:05 PM
Personally, I could never understand why anyone gave these idjits the time of day. I saw their name on a thread and just skipped right by them.

My assumption would be... the same reason the owners of The National Enquirer and The Sun are stinking filthy rich! Some just cannot avoid it.

:bang:

jmcclain19
03-31-2005, 02:15 PM
That KronoRed character is the worst troll out there. Seriously, wish someone would just ban him already

SunDeck
03-31-2005, 03:04 PM
My assumption would be... the same reason the owners of The National Enquirer and The Sun are stinking filthy rich! Some just cannot avoid it.

:bang:
Good point. I think some folks liked the jousting, too.

wheels
03-31-2005, 04:41 PM
Is there any way someone could post a link with some of the old trolls' stuff on it?

I feel like I missed out on something.

WVRed
03-31-2005, 06:21 PM
Is there any way someone could post a link with some of the old trolls' stuff on it?

I feel like I missed out on something.

I remember Boss took a screen capture of when Har Ecou flooded the old cincinnati.com board. Its been so long ago though, I dont know if he would have it.

M2
03-31-2005, 06:45 PM
I believe that was Don Cameron, another brilliant but twisted mind.

De la Hoz was a genius, but he had a real mean streak.

I've always believed the Don and de la Hoz were the same guy. Ran himself into a corner as the Don (when it turned out he understood squat about the game of baseball), tried the de la Hoz route, which worked for a while until he snapped again. Then he morphed into the megarepugnant IAKNGYF.

RFS62
03-31-2005, 07:03 PM
I've always believed the Don and de la Hoz were the same guy. Ran himself into a corner as the Don (when it turned out he understood squat about the game of baseball), tried the de la Hoz route, which worked for a while until he snapped again. Then he morphed into the megarepugnant IAKNGYF.

Wow, never even considered that. Chili once had a quote about de la Hoz, if I can remember it correctly, that he was "breathtakingly cruel".

I thought he was brilliant, but he certainly didn't play well with others. Don Cameron went on a drunken jag one night and dropped f-bombs all over the place, only to beg for forgiveness the next day. But it was the straw that broke the camels back, and he was finally sacked.

M2
03-31-2005, 07:16 PM
Wow, never even considered that. Chili once had a quote about de la Hoz, if I can remember it correctly, that he was "breathtakingly cruel".

I thought he was brilliant, but he certainly didn't play well with others. Don Cameron went on a drunken jag one night and dropped f-bombs all over the place, only to beg for forgiveness the next day. But it was the straw that broke the camels back, and he was finally sacked.

IIRC, Don did that more than once. He'd start with superior, get exposed as woefully unimformed, break into a tirade, then come back mewling.

Falls City Beer
03-31-2005, 07:31 PM
IIRC, Don did that more than once. He'd start with superior, get exposed as woefully unimformed, break into a tirade, then come back mewling.

If Don and de la Hoz were the same guy, then they (he) were two fairly different personalities. IIRC, Don actually had something of a grasp of grammar and spelling, of which the Hoz was woefully ignorant.

M2
03-31-2005, 07:43 PM
If Don and de la Hoz were the same guy, then they (he) were two fairly different personalities. IIRC, Don actually had something of a grasp of grammar and spelling, of which the Hoz was woefully ignorant.

Had the same targets, the same hair-trigger, the same superiority complex, the same humorous flair, the same barely sublimated racism, etc.

Went a little e.e. cummings as de la Hoz, but the substance was virtually identical.

Falls City Beer
03-31-2005, 07:55 PM
Had the same targets, the same hair-trigger, the same superiority complex, the same humorous flair, the same barely sublimated racism, etc.

Went a little e.e. cummings as de la Hoz, but the substance was virtually identical.

Let's just put it this way: I wouldn't for a minute doubt that de la Hoz/Don was capable of pulling off a Sybil.

wheels
03-31-2005, 07:55 PM
They sound like interesting people.

TC81190
03-31-2005, 07:57 PM

I'm entertained. And a little frightened.

Falls City Beer
03-31-2005, 07:59 PM

Depends. Most of them were boors and bores. de la Hoz had these automatic writing screeds he'd go on, channeling obscure baseball name after obscure baseball name out of the ether. It was like having a Ouija board of our very own.

Falls City Beer
03-31-2005, 08:11 PM
Anyone from the Enquirer board remember "Texas Scarecrow"? Not that I miss him ... he just was among the most annoying.

He was another racist of distinction. There was a pretty big Astros contingent on the cincycom site in 1999--rather unpleasant bunch.

Hap
03-31-2005, 08:28 PM
Long live tribefan and sorkelneck.

creek14
03-31-2005, 08:32 PM
Most missed troll...

it's dollars to donuts.

KronoRed
04-01-2005, 03:51 AM
That KronoRed character is the worst troll out there. Seriously, wish someone would just ban him already
Me???

I'm an angel!

:D

cincinnati chili
04-01-2005, 08:06 AM
Ah memories. Good thread.

paintmered
04-01-2005, 12:05 PM
Me???

I'm an angel!

:D

You are getting a week in the suspension box for those inflamatory comments.

;) :D

Raisor
04-01-2005, 02:36 PM
I thought Fox was great. Insane, but great.

WVRed
04-01-2005, 04:53 PM
I thought Fox was great. Insane, but great.

If you mean great as in entertainment, I agree.

My "inside sources" say the Reds are close to trading Adam Dunn to the Royals for Zack Grienke.

RedRoser
04-03-2005, 04:49 PM
mobley was another one that deposited his troll dung at cincinnati.com about the same time as har ecou.
Nux, whom you also mentioned above, was the first one I remember. He used to flood Redliner's chat site (which I STILL can't remember the name of :bang: ) almost nightly and really get us riled!

I don't miss the likes of those guys, either, and we should thank redszone's creators from time to time for ridding us of those :devil: 's.

---'Roser

RFS62
04-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Tic Tock was a swell guy over there, too.

RedsBaron
04-03-2005, 08:19 PM
Gallagher was kind of funny; I could never take him seriously. I can't say I miss any of the trolls.

WVRed
04-03-2005, 08:57 PM
Tic Tock was a swell guy over there, too.

Isnt ticktock currently registered on Redszone?

paintmered
04-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Isnt ticktock currently registered on Redszone?

He's on the permanently banned list.

RFS62
04-03-2005, 10:54 PM
He's on the permanently banned list.

You guys should make that list public.

I'd like to see it.

paintmered
04-03-2005, 10:58 PM

I'd like to see it.

It's one of the perks ;)

RFS62
04-03-2005, 11:01 PM
Really, I don't understand why it's not public. I think it should be for temporary suspensions too.

Otherwise, people don't always know where the line is drawn. You see people causing trouble, and if it's not made public that they're suspended, you might think it was overlooked.

Dom Heffner
04-03-2005, 11:32 PM
I always thought that Don Heffner and De La Hoz were the same dude. I liked them both, but never saw the mean side you all are referring to.

Har Ecou was just plain annoying.

Who was the poster who used to say, "Griffey is not your savior"?

Was that Har?

RFS62
04-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Hefner and de la Hoz WERE the same guy.

Larkin Fan
04-03-2005, 11:43 PM
I always thought that Don Heffner and De La Hoz were the same dude. I liked them both, but never saw the mean side you all are referring to.

Har Ecou was just plain annoying.

Who was the poster who used to say, "Griffey is not your savior"?

Was that Har?

Gallagher1 was the one that always said that.

Dom Heffner
04-03-2005, 11:51 PM
Thanks, guys!

I also remember a post from Nux about leaving his favorite Reds seat cushion at the stadium and wanting us to keep an eye out for it...it was the funniest post, and everyone was taking it seriously...I had to wipe my eyes, I was laughing so hard.

There was also a NDRedsfan or something similar who used to post more trade rumors than anything...he'd say, "Do you think this trade has legs?" and the grammar was so horrible that people used to pick on the poor guy constantly. He didn't care, though, and he would apologize to the point where he won most people's hearts. That guy was a Reds fan.

Dom Heffner
04-03-2005, 11:55 PM
And there was also the guy who called himself something like "RosieRedfan" and after every post by Rosiered, there would be a statement like "I couldn't agree with you more, RosieRed." It may have been someone other than RosieRed, but you get the idea.

The old Nux could be pretty funny in small doses. Whoever it was had some good wit and was a master at parodying some of our posters. I personally think Nuxie turned into several Nuxies and ruined the whole thing. Just my opinion.

TeamMorris
04-04-2005, 12:05 AM
As for in the past 24 hours...it will have to go to CBUS! As for me, he is not missed but it was fun watching him dig and dig after warnings thinking he was untouchable!

Falls City Beer
04-04-2005, 12:08 AM
Thanks, guys!

I also remember a post from Nux about leaving his favorite Reds seat cushion at the stadium and wanting us to keep an eye out for it...it was the funniest post, and everyone was taking it seriously...I had to wipe my eyes, I was laughing so hard.

There was also a NDRedsfan or something similar who used to post more trade rumors than anything...he'd say, "Do you think this trade has legs?" and the grammar was so horrible that people used to pick on the poor guy constantly. He didn't care, though, and he would apologize to the point where he won most people's hearts. That guy was a Reds fan.

The original Nux was pretty great, I agree. But whatever he morphed into Nutholio de Nux or whatever turned into that guy at the party who doesn't make it to the toilet to puke. Totally out of control.

I'd sign a petition to bring back de la Hoz though. He was the best.

Bob Borkowski
04-04-2005, 12:35 AM
Really, I don't understand why it's not public. I think it should be for temporary suspensions too.

Otherwise, people don't always know where the line is drawn. You see people causing trouble, and if it's not made public that they're suspended, you might think it was overlooked.

I agree. No real reason to keep it private, IMHO.

Bob Borkowski
04-04-2005, 12:38 AM
I'd sign a petition to bring back de la Hoz though. He was the best.

Your sig would be cancelled then because I'd sure sign a petition to keep him off our airwaves. The guy was filled with bitterness. Really out there.

WVRed
04-04-2005, 07:13 AM
As for in the past 24 hours...it will have to go to CBUS! As for me, he is not missed but it was fun watching him dig and dig after warnings thinking he was untouchable!

Eh? Did he get banned?

RFS62
04-04-2005, 08:23 AM
I agree. No real reason to keep it private, IMHO.

I believe the mods just don't want to embarrass someone, and I appreciate that sentiment. But I think it would be a very good deterrant if people could connect the crime and the punishment. Otherwise, people think the offending behavior can go unchecked.

I've never seen an instance of the mods banning or suspending anyone where they didn't bend over backwards to give them fair warning. In fact, if they ever make an error, it's ALWAYS in favor of the offender, IMO.

These guys do their best to keep it fair, and foster free speech. If someone gets banned or suspended around here, they've got it coming.

RedsBaron
04-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Maybe all posters should be tested for steroids.

savafan
04-04-2005, 10:04 AM
I couldn't stand de la Hoz. I didn't find him entertaining or humorous in the least. Anyone with a collection of Topps baseball cards or access to www.baseball-reference.com could do what he did.

Boss-Hog
04-04-2005, 11:23 AM
As far as making the ban list public, I believe the only way to accomplish this is to make it a showable group on the 'forum leaders' link - just like the list of subscribers is. However, that has a few draw backs - it won't show how long the ban is in effect -it would only show who is banned. Most importantly, I don't want other trolls having the ability to contact the banned people via email, which is one of the options when you appear on that list. I'll look into seeing if there's a way that shows the people who are banned with the amount of time they are banned.

Regarding the most missed trolls, I was a BIG fan of de la Hoz for a while until he started getting incredibly rude with others. Believe me when I tell you that he got repeated chances to clean up his act and ignored the warnings each time.

Spring~Fields
04-04-2005, 11:36 AM

I'd like to see it.

I have never heard of clubs, organizations or employers posting notice of terminations in relationships with individuals. It seems to me that would smack of walking near the other side of right for an admin.

savafan
04-04-2005, 11:38 AM
I have never heard of clubs, organizations or employers posting notice of terminations in relationships with individuals. It seems to me that would smack of walking near the other side of right for an admin.

Major League Baseball has it's list of permanently ineligible persons (i.e. banned individuals)

TeamCasey
04-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Regarding the most missed trolls, I was a BIG fan of de la Hoz for a while until he started getting incredibly rude with others. Believe me when I tell you that he got repeated chances to clean up his act and ignored the warnings each time.

Both him and the guy with the old players were O.K. for a while ...... then they became incredibly mean to people for some reason.

paintmered
04-04-2005, 11:41 AM
I think it is rather unfair to have a so called "black list" of banned users. With all do respect, the average poster on here doesn't really need to know who is banned and who isn't. Besides, a banned user is removed from the "Members List", so if you look for a poster and he/she's not there, then chances are that person has been banned/suspended. If you wish to use it as a measure for behavior, you will receive a few warnings if you get close to that point. I'll make sure of it.

Falls City Beer
04-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Honestly, I think we've named about 90% of the permanently banned right here in this thread. FWIW. Memory's a great thing. It helped keep the Cro-Magnon from slipping into the dustbin of evolution.

Falls City Beer
04-04-2005, 12:13 PM
I couldn't stand de la Hoz. I didn't find him entertaining or humorous in the least. Anyone with a collection of Topps baseball cards or access to www.baseball-reference.com could do what he did.

You didn't see the humor in his bitingly ironic "Risible Recaps?" To me, they always struck the right note after a tough loss. Sardonic wit is one of my tonics though. It's not for everyone.

RBA
04-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Regrarding a list of Ban posters. I don't think it would be a good idea. Some of these nutcases would work to get their name on that list and wear it as a "Badge of Honor"

I could just about see them in other reds forums linking to the Ban List and say some smart aleck comment about the forum and how his name is display on the list.

TeamCasey
04-04-2005, 12:21 PM
I think I'd lean against a Redszone Hall of Shame. Just opens the door for everyone to question the moderators decisions. Sure, that goes on anyway, but it would escalate it with everyone wanting to share their 2 cents.

It is kind of strange when people simply disappear with no word though.

I'm on the fence, leaning toward bad idea.

Unassisted
04-04-2005, 12:24 PM
FWIW, the banned can still read the board via the Google cache or a new ISP.

WVRed
04-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Both him and the guy with the old players were O.K. for a while ...... then they became incredibly mean to people for some reason.

I think De La Hoz and Don(not Dom) Heffner were the two who brought up old players.

I always thought those two were the same on cincytalk.

Raisor
04-04-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm all for listing banned users. It'd be like keeping heads on pikes out front of the castle gates.

You can't have enough heads on pikes, I always say..

RFS62
04-04-2005, 05:50 PM
I'm all for listing banned users. It'd be like keeping heads on pikes out front of the castle gates.

I thought of the same analogy the other day (shudder).

You have to go pretty far around here to be banned or suspended. It isn't something that happens lightly or without a lot of consideration by the mods and admins.

If somebody goes so far out of their way to make things miserable around here, I have no problem pointing it out for all to see.

Tough love.

pedro
04-04-2005, 05:56 PM

plus the cheek meat is so tender.

mmmm cheek meat.

http://robots6270.mit.edu/contests/2002/robots/07/images/homer.jpg

snowstorm
04-07-2005, 06:43 PM
Gallagher was kind of funny; I could never take him seriously. I can't say I miss any of the trolls.

I agree about Gallagher. His hatred of Griffey was incredible and kind of funny too. He called him "Whiffey" on several other boards.

GoReds
04-07-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm with creek in that I will thoroughly enjoy the day when the current troll is tossed under the bus.

Falls City Beer
04-07-2005, 08:41 PM
I'm with creek in that I will thoroughly enjoy the day when the current troll is tossed under the bus.

What troll?

WVRed
04-07-2005, 09:22 PM
What troll?

The Emoticon King;)