PDA

View Full Version : Accept this trade?

Red Leader
04-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Ok, another trade offer to mull over. Another guy in my league has 4 closers (Dotel, Foulke, F.Cordero, C.Cordero) and needs SP (he has Prior, Arroyo, Maddux, D.Willis, and T.Lilly). He is wanting to trade either Dotel or Foulke for Freddy Garcia.

My SP's currently are: R.Johnson, B.Sheets, A.J. Burnett, F. Garcia, Bonderman, K. Brown.

My RP's are: F.Rodriguez, B.J. Ryan, and Wickman.

If Ryan stays as the closer all year, he'll be fine. Wickman will get hurt at some point or get pulled, but he'll get me saves in the meantime. If I pick up Foulke or Dotel, I would drop Wickman and pick up Adam Eaton (who I'm very high on), Horacio Ramirez, or David Wells (wil help in W's and WHIP).

I think Freddy Garcia will struggle this year. His ERA ballooned last year after being traded to Chicago, even though he still got his wins. That ballpark ranks as one of the best hitters parks in the AL and kills pitchers ERA, so I'm kind of trying to sell high on Garcia. I also think Chicago's offense may stumble. I don't like having pitchers on teams that play so much small ball.

What do you guys think? Good deal?

Red Leader
04-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Other trades I could possibly pull off:

SP Freddy Garcia and SP Kevin Brown for SP Bartolo Colon and RP Trevor Hoffman

SP Freddy Garcia for SP Mike Mussina

SP Kevin Brown for RP Chad Cordero.

any of those look good?

HotCorner
04-01-2005, 12:47 PM
I would pull the trigger on Garcia for Foulke.

I've heard rumors of Dotel possibly being dealt because of the emergence of Huston Street.

Red Leader
04-01-2005, 01:05 PM
Thanks 2844. That was the combination that looked the best to me as well.

I also just received word that an owner might be interested in this deal:

SP Freddy Garcia and OF Jason Bay for SP Mike Mussina and 2B Marcus Giles.

I have Chase Utley at 2B right now.

I think Giles is an upgrade over Utley and Mussina might be better than Garcia, so that's a win-win, I think. Utley would replace Bay as my utility player for now. If he starts to platoon, I could drop him or trade him to someone else.

IslandRed
04-01-2005, 04:31 PM
I'd jump on Garcia-for-Foulke right now. The other multi-player deal is also in your favor but not by as much, especially since you can pick up guys like Eaton, Wells or Ramirez that will probably match Garcia this year anyway. It's like a free ace closer.

Johnny Footstool
04-01-2005, 04:59 PM
Mussina is an upgrade over Garcia, but Garcia for Foulke is a steal for you.

thrilljam
04-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Utley will have a monster year, especially in the new Philly homerun park.

Phoenix
04-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Don't ever give up Jason Bay.