PDA

View Full Version : Superman Returns Cast

savafan
04-22-2005, 10:11 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348150/fullcredits

Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor sounds pretty good to me. Frank Langella as Perry White is also good. I tend to like Parker Posey in most anything she's in. Marlon Brando as Jor-El...I guess it's not a bad idea. Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane though....could they have picked anyone less Lois looking?

TeamDunn
04-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Kevin Spacey :thumbup:

I am listening to his CD from the soundtrack to Beyond the Sea. I see Kate Bosworth is doing this too...she played Sandra Dee in Beyond the Sea as well.

Cool!

Thanks for the info!

Johnny Footstool
04-22-2005, 12:41 PM
I don't find Kate Bosworth the least bit attractive.

Parker Posey, though, is delicious.

ochre
04-22-2005, 12:55 PM
Superman has been on Gilmore Girls? Raisor will be tickled pink.

pedro
04-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Marlon Brando is dead.

He was original Jor El.

KronoRed
04-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Not a bad bunch of choices

Puffy
04-22-2005, 02:40 PM
There is a picture of the new Superman (in new costume) in USA Today, 4/22/05.

This Routh guys doesn't look my version of superman at all, and the costume uses darker blue than normal.

First impression, not a good one for me.

TeamDunn
04-22-2005, 02:44 PM
http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20050422/i/r488004153.jpg

At first glance I too have to say ICK!

KronoRed
04-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Suit is too blue and the S is too small

TeamDunn
04-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Nothing to do with this thread...but while searching for "superman" in yahoo news photos...this one came up as well! :eek: :eek:

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20050404/i/r1505591687.jpg

Rosemary Curtis (R) holds the hand of her boyfriend Michael Belardo as he hangs in the 'Superman' pose during a Suspension Convention in Providence, Rhode Island, April 2, 2005. From tentative first-timers to well-practiced masters, more than 100 aficionados celebrated their passion for body suspension at the three-day gathering, held in an old textile mill. Photo by Chip East/Reuters

Red Leader
04-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Are those "Manelo" boots? Way too "little kid cowboy shoes" for me.

TD, Yikes!

KronoRed
04-22-2005, 02:50 PM
OWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :explode:

TeamDunn
04-22-2005, 02:52 PM
So I guess you guys would not be up for a RZ Suspension Convention?? :p:

DoogMinAmo
04-22-2005, 04:27 PM
The red looks more off to me than the blue. He looks a bit like a young Christopher Reeve, so I really have no problem with the choice. However, and I mean this in the most manliest and secure way possible, the blue spandex isn't that flattering. Even in the TV series with Dean Cain I always used to say, "Wow, I thought Superman was supposed to look cut." I wonder if there is any desire to gravitate towards the "chiseled" suit much like the Batman franchise. It would definitely be more comic book-like.

Oh yeah, and TD, ow.

ochre
04-22-2005, 04:55 PM
looks retro(ish) to me. Sort of George Reeve colorized by TBS'esque

savafan
04-22-2005, 06:45 PM
looks retro(ish) to me. Sort of George Reeve colorized by TBS'esque

exactly what I was thinking

savafan
04-22-2005, 06:47 PM
Marlon Brando is dead.

He was original Jor El.

I'm aware of both those facts pedro, but if you look at the cast list it says that they are using archived footage of Brando for Jor El.

Michael Allred
04-22-2005, 06:49 PM
I'm aware of both those facts pedro, but if you look at the cast list it says that they are using archived footage of Brando for Jor El.

Rumor is, the Brando footage is the stuff originally intended to be used in "Superman II" but he later refused to have it included due to the ridiculous crap that went on during production.

Yachtzee
04-22-2005, 08:37 PM
I think the new Superman looks a little off...kind of like Superman III, after Richard Pryor gave him the synthesized kryptonite laced with tar.

Steve4192
04-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Either the suit is padded in all the wrong places or the actor has fantastic quad/deltoid development and no pectorals whatsoever. His thighs and shoulders are all completely out of proportion with his torso. I can understand going for the 'washboard stomach' look, but the only comic book characters with a 'washboard chest' are dorky guys getting sand kicked in their face in the old Charles Atlas advertisements.

As far as the 'look' of the suit goes, I like it. It reminds me of the old school suit George Reeves used to wear in 'Adventures of Superman'.

http://www.celebhost.net/georgereeves/superman1.html

WVRedsFan
04-23-2005, 12:44 AM
Either the suit is padded in all the wrong places or the actor has fantastic quad/deltoid development and no pectorals whatsoever. His thighs and shoulders are all completely out of proportion with his torso. I can understand going for the 'washboard stomach' look, but the only comic book characters with a 'washboard chest' are dorky guys getting sand kicked in their face in the old Charles Atlas advertisements.

As far as the 'look' of the suit goes, I like it. It reminds me of the old school suit George Reeves used to wear in 'Adventures of Superman'.

http://www.celebhost.net/georgereeves/superman1.html

Exactly. The suit is similar to the one George Reeves wore in 1954-55 except for the belt.

Surprisingly, no one has mentioned the cast list. Among those on the cast is Noel Neill who played Lois Lane from (I think) 1954- the end of the show on TV. She must be (she is) 85 years old! No name is given her character. I also looked her up and found she's been quite active in movies, even doing a 2004 film. I hope she doesn't get cut. I see an opening for some good lines.

I first saw Superman in 1955 on our old black and white TV. I've been fascinated since. I once attempted to tape all the shows, but failed miserably when Nick or someone were showing them. I thought George Reeves was the perfect Superman and the other character actors did their parts well including Noel Neill. So, I'm old... :)

GAC
04-24-2005, 08:22 AM
As a kid I loved Superman w/ George Reeves. Have 3 video tapes of most of the episodes.

I didn't really care for the Superman w/ Christopher Reeves- too campy for my tastes.